Gas prices, thank you President Obama!

People who are grateful for overpriced fuel dropping by six cents are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Like being whipped less ferociously deserves praise.
Obama's corrupt green agenda and subsequent reimposing of drilling restrictions directly caused fuel prices to be more than double what they should be and has kept our economy in the hole. Those who dispute that are either ignorant and/or are partisan sheeple.

I agree with the bolded part - the rest is just your regular retard drivel.

I got gas at Costco yesterday for $3.23 and other people were like "isn't it great?" Well, yeah, compared to $3.58, but it sucks compared to how low it should be and how low it can be if Congress does their job for the people instead of Wall Street.

Congress could have us back at $2.00 very easily.

Yo, moron sheeple obama apologist partisan, do you know how much gasoline cost in Jan 2009? I'd love to hear your BS explanation for why it was $4 in July 08 and what it was in Jan 09.

The economy crashed under the presidency of George W. Bush.

What is BS about that?

Here's your chart

Annual-gas-prices-1919-2011.jpg

The ONLY way to bring gasoline prices down is to cap at the pump. The only way that is going to happen is by getting rid of Republicans.

Actually, we need to cap exports of refined gasoline, and eliminate Wall St. speculation.

But what I want to know is how we were able to keep gas between 17 cents and 50 cents for 40+ years, through one of the largest growth periods in our history?

Good lord, some people are so mentally impaired that they still believe Obama has anything to do with the price of gas. He'd make it 10 bucks a gallon if he could but he can't.

Wut? I've read on this forum numerous times that Obama is responsible for the price of gas.

Fail.

I remember reading numerous times on this same forum Bush was responsible for the price of gas I also recall in November of 2008 when Obama was elected gas here was down to $1.35 a gallon it is currently $3.25 a gallon.

They were as wrong as you. No sitting President is responsible for gasoline and oil prices, it's the rich guys that back Republicans.

Here's your chart

Annual-gas-prices-1919-2011.jpg

The ONLY way to bring gasoline prices down is to cap at the pump. The only way that is going to happen is by getting rid of Republicans.

Your graph does not represent the current reality, and sadly, I don't think disposing of the GOP has a snowball's chance!

Here is a graph, below, of more relevance covering average US gas prices over the last 10 years. See if you can spot any discrepancies.

**** Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com ****

The graph show a nationwide average. Due to redlining there are some regional differences.

If middle class folks don't vote out the Republicans you'll continue to get fucked.

Good lord, some people are so mentally impaired that they still believe Obama has anything to do with the price of gas. He'd make it 10 bucks a gallon if he could but he can't.

Same fools that believed Mr Bush controlled gas prices.
Do these people also believe that Mr Obama (and Mr Bush before him) also controlled prices on cars, housing, lettuce, bacon, stocks, oranges and clothing?
Or do they just pick and choose what they think the president controls prices on?

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how Obama is responsible for the price of gas. Obama can't take a piss without it running down his leg at the golf course, let alone create a strategy to reduce gas prices by easing dependency on foreign oil. Decreasing the price of gas is absolutely the antithesis of what he wants to accomplish.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how Obama is responsible for the price of gas. Obama can't take a piss without it running down his leg at the golf course, let alone create a strategy to reduce gas prices by easing dependency on foreign oil. Decreasing the price of gas is absolutely the antithesis of what he wants to accomplish.

Well let's see, obama EPA is setting policy to restrict overall US explore for, drill, distill and otherwise produce and distribute oil and petroleum.

From there, his foreign policy promotes the interests of those who destabilize the Middle East, which produces a fair amount of the oil the world uses...

It's all fairly simple stuff.

Seems like when gas prices drop we need to thank Obama.
When prices rise he doesn't have anything to do with it.
How convenient.

So many idiots in this thread that think the president can control the price of gas.

Who are those people, specifically? I haven't seen so much as one example.

Although there are a significant number who reasonably recognize that the POTUS can and does influence the price of oil and the domestic price of gasoline.

Which is reasonable given the irrefutable certainty that such is the case.

The first time gas shot up over a dollar a gallon, Clinton was in office.

Therefore, all gas price hikes from that fateful day in 2001 are the fault of the democrats until the end of time.

The end.

Actually, Carter was the first POTUS to manage US gasoline up over $1/gal.

So it went from what... .63 to $1.63/gallon, or some such?

I don't think so.

So many idiots in this thread that think the president can control the price of gas.

Who are those people, specifically? I haven't seen so much as one example.

Although there are a significant number who reasonably recognize that the POTUS can and does influence the price of oil and the domestic price of gasoline.

Which is reasonable given the irrefutable certainty that such is the case.

Please explain how US crude oil production has increased over the last 5 years, nothing to do with Obama, but the price has gone up as well. It is a global commodity, nothing the president does will cause changes to the price of a barrel of oil.

Has it EVER went below $3.00 a gallons since he took office?

as someone said, it was 1.89 a gallon

in your best effort trying to be intelligent, tell the people how he managed to keep gas prices around $3 a gallon when the price of oil spiked from 24$ a barrel to 150$ a barrel BEFORE he ever took office.

The price of oil dropped by $100 a barrel as a result of drilling moratoriums expiring or being reversed between July '08 and September '08. Obama reversed those decisions upon taking office and the prices immediately jumped back up.
This is on the hack and his stupid sheeple excuse-makers.

So how could a "draft plan" that never went into effect affect the price of oil? :cuckoo:

From your link:

Bush-era energy policy, setting aside a draft plan to allow drilling off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.

I agree with the bolded part - the rest is just your regular retard drivel.

I got gas at Costco yesterday for $3.23 and other people were like "isn't it great?" Well, yeah, compared to $3.58, but it sucks compared to how low it should be and how low it can be if Congress does their job for the people instead of Wall Street.

Congress could have us back at $2.00 very easily.

Yo, moron sheeple obama apologist partisan, do you know how much gasoline cost in Jan 2009? I'd love to hear your BS explanation for why it was $4 in July 08 and what it was in Jan 09.

What is BS about that?
Wrong answer. Housing market collapse created a temporary lull in demand but the real reason was the six month allowance of the expiration of the major offshore drilling moratorium by congress at the imploring of Bush. In addition, a reversal of a less comprehensive offshore moratorium, put in place by exec order under Bush I, renewed in 1999 by Clinton and reversed as a matter of exec privilege by Bush II in July 2008. The price of oil and subsequently gasoline in the midst of the peak demand season dropped. When the major moratorium expired the price dropped like a rock. With Bush's plans to extract and explore shelved by obama and with obama's pronouncements of restrictions and green energy initiatives, the outlook for supply was immediately threatened and the market price went back up and continued through this hack's presidency. He has cost the average US household thousands annually because of his stupid green energy policy.

What is BS about that?
Wrong answer. Housing market collapse created a temporary lull in demand but the real reason was the six month allowance of the expiration of the major offshore drilling moratorium by congress at the imploring of Bush. In addition, a reversal of a less comprehensive offshore moratorium, put in place by exec order under Bush I, renewed in 1999 by Clinton and reversed as a matter of exec privilege by Bush II in July 2008. The price of oil and subsequently gasoline in the midst of the peak demand season dropped. When the major moratorium expired the price dropped like a rock. With Bush's plans to extract and explore shelved by obama and with obama's pronouncements of restrictions and green energy initiatives, the outlook for supply was immediately threatened and the market price went back up and continued through this hack's presidency. He has cost the average US household thousands annually because of his stupid green energy policy.

The drop in the price of oil, in 2008, followed the drop of the overall market.

What is BS about that?

The initial drop occurred in July before the housing market collapse. It came as a result of Bush reversing the 1991 moratorium. Congress agreeing to allow the comprehensive moratorium to expire with a pledge to not renew for at least six months precipitated the major drop in prices. If the bad market was the cause for cheap fuel, the price would have stayed low due to a lack of recovery. Truth is, any lack of recovery has been caused by obama's energy policy.

The initial drop occurred in July before the housing market collapse. It came as a result of Bush reversing the 1991 moratorium. Congress agreeing to allow the comprehensive moratorium to expire with a pledge to not renew for at least six months precipitated the major drop in prices. If the bad market was the cause for cheap fuel, the price would have stayed low due to a lack of recovery. Truth is, any lack of recovery has been caused by obama's energy policy.

The market has recovered, pretty similarly to the rise in gas prices.

Forum List

Back