Gas Stove vs Electric Stove

So then you should have no problem finding the statistics for those weekly home explosions you say occur.

You would think that anyone that afraid of something would know how to use a search engine to back up his claims.

Maybe he's too afraid to look it up...

I have been using electric in my previous house, and since i moved into my new house i have this to work with.

View attachment 582643
Nice.
The big range tops are popular in the custom homes we build. Typically the bigger houses will have a double gas oven set up also. We usually do the final install but the heating guys will have the lines already run for us. Simple connection and done.
Put together a lot of gas fireplaces lately too.

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

You would think that anyone that afraid of something would know how to use a search engine to back up his claims.

Maybe he's too afraid to look it up...
i'm not afraid because i have electric. just putting the info out here for others.

Propane is far safer than natural gas because you don't have to rely on the gaggle of idiots in state and federal governments to maintain high pressure gas lines.

this is reported on the tv news. i do not know about print news.
Stats should be available from any of the gas regulatory agencies or the gas companies themselves. You're the one who says that there are weekly home explosions caused by gas so now you have to support that statement with some proof.

And I heard it on TV isn;t proof.

Propane is far safer than natural gas because you don't have to rely on the gaggle of idiots in state and federal governments to maintain high pressure gas lines.
i think both gas and propane are dangerous to use.

Stats should be available from any of the gas regulatory agencies or the gas companies themselves. You're the one who says that there are weekly home explosions caused by gas so now you have to support that statement with some proof.

sorry, your just going to have to take my word for it.

Oh I don't know... the terrifying stuff I have seen done in rural houses by some beer gutted redneck is amazing.
It's not the line people yuo have to worry about, it is the installations being done within the home itself.
The worst ever was a home where some ninny ran the lines directly under the floor boards and used tack nails, bent over to hold it up.
I have seen PVC connections gerry rigged coming from copper tubing used to hook up a gas water heater. Copper tubing for gas lines is bad enough, but freaking PVC connections??? Holy Cow.

Your opinion.

Like I said I have had either natural gas or propane for over 30 years and have never once had a problem
i never had a problem too but that doesn't mean there are no problems with those. other people and households had serious problems with them according to the media.

Boy, Rodipuss sure does like to click that "disagree" button...

I wonder if my feelings should be hurt or if I should relish the fact that it is so damn easy to get under his skin...

Rarely ever hear of it in the midwest and only in old houses probably with old corroded connections.
But in winter there is no shortage of people who suffer Carbon Monoxide poisoning using improperly vented heaters indoors and fires due to improperly placed space heaters too close to combustibles.

Boy, Rodipuss sure does like to click that "disagree" button...

I wonder if my feelings should be hurt or if I should relish the fact that it is so damn easy to get under his skin...
you're not getting under my skin. it's just a disagree button because i just disagree with what you wrote. lol

Same here. Last summer I installed a new gas wall furnace in a building on our property. Running gas line and installing a gas appliance is sort of like handing firearms. You operate under the assumption that every connection you make leaks. Checking every single connection, every single time. I also prefer pipe dope to teflon also.
Im not a fan of pipe dope...it tends to get brittle after a few years. I know some guys use both and I'm ok with that. But the tape lasts longer.

So long as you use PLENTY of rock to stabilize the ground around the ditch you put the gas line in and use the tracing wire so you can identify where it is underground you should be good. I usually use the tape as well so I can identify it if I happen to put in a shrub or tree later.

Rarely ever hear of it in the midwest and only in old houses probably with old corroded connections.
But in winter there is no shortage of people who suffer Carbon Monoxide poisoning using improperly vented heaters indoors and fires due to improperly placed space heaters too close to combustibles.
Monoxide poisoning is almost unheard of anymore. They have to be using stuff so old that it's a miracle it even worked to begin with.

And even an electric radiator too close to combustible materials catch fire.

Most gas appliances have no open flame in living areas. And there's sensors that shut down the system if there's any gas buildup. So you can't get the explosion the OP is talking about.

It's getting to the point you can't light a cigarette off a gas stove anymore.

Forum List

Back