Gaslighting

This is a Strategy of the Democrats right now........

Read this article...........

And say it isn't so..............

11 Warning Signs of Gaslighting

1. They tell blatant lies.

You know it's an outright lie. Yet they are telling you this lie with a straight face. Why are they so blatant? Because they're setting up a precedent. Once they tell you a huge lie, you're not sure if anything they say is true. Keeping you unsteady and off-kilter is the goal.

2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.

You know they said they would do something; you know you heard it. But they out and out deny it. It makes you start questioning your reality—maybe they never said that thing. And the more they do this, the more you question your reality and start accepting theirs.

3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.

4. They wear you down over time.

5. Their actions do not match their words.

6. They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.

7. They know confusion weakens people.

8. They project.

9. They try to align people against you.

10. They tell you or others that you are crazy.

11. They tell you everyone else is a liar.

By telling you that everyone else (your family, the media) is a liar, it again makes you question your reality. You've never known someone with the audacity to do this, so they must be telling the truth, right? No. It's a manipulation technique. It makes people turn to the gaslighter for the "correct" information—which isn't correct information at all.
That’s all exactly what Trump and his sheep do
Here's a perfect example of a snowflake gaslighting.
You can be a little bitch about it if you want, but I’ll note that you didn’t deny what I said.
Actually, I did, dumbass.

You know it's an outright lie. Yet they are telling you this lie with a straight face. Why are they so blatant? Because they're setting up a precedent. Once they tell you a huge lie, you're not sure if anything they say is true. Keeping you unsteady and off-kilter is the goal.

You know they said they would do something; you know you heard it. But they out and out deny it. It makes you start questioning your reality—maybe they never said that thing. And the more they do this, the more you question your reality and start accepting theirs.

8. They project.

By telling you that everyone else (your family, the media) is a liar, it again makes you question your reality. You've never known someone with the audacity to do this, so they must be telling the truth, right? No. It's a manipulation technique. It makes people turn to the gaslighter for the "correct" information—which isn't correct information at all.

Wow, you just described Trump to a T.

Well done!

I agree, your post is the perfect example of a snowflake gaslighting.

Thanks for sharing your expertise in this area, you are one of the chief snowflakes on here

8. They project.

That’s all exactly what Trump and his sheep do
You can be a little bitch about it if you want, but I’ll note that you didn’t deny what I said.
Actually, I did, dumbass.
You’re breaking rule #1 again

8. They project.

Oh, the irony of this post is just too much! :lol:

Hey, thanks for the alternative facts, dipshit.

"The Truth Isn't Truth!™"

8. They project.

Well done!

Thanks for sharing your expertise in this area, you are one of the chief snowflakes on here
See, there you go again. You're a perfect case study in the technique. Your claims that you're a libertarian couldn't possibly be more apropos.

8. They project.

Well done!

See, there you go again. You're a perfect case study in the technique. Your claims that you're a libertarian couldn't possibly be more apropos.

It just bugs the hell out of you that I do not agree with your approval of big government interfering in every aspect of our lives, doesn't it?

That I will not toe the party line just triggers you every time. Funny as hell to watch, I have to admit

8. They project.

Oh, the irony of this post is just too much! :lol:

Hey, thanks for the alternative facts, dipshit.

"The Truth Isn't Truth!™"
Another example thanks.........

In a legal sense .........the Truth doesn't matter.........who determines the truth........the FBI........They say you lied.........and will try to put you in jail for it.

Such is the saying ................Only a fool would walk into a trap...........Gaslighting tries to get people to walk into the trap.
Ben-Garrison-Cartoon.jpg

8. They project.

Well done!

It just bugs the hell out of you that I do not agree with your approval of big government interfering in every aspect of our lives, doesn't it?

That I will not toe the party line just triggers you every time. Funny as hell to watch, I have to admit
Aren't you the faux libertarian who supports "common sense gun control" and Obamacare?

Well done!

Aren't you the faux libertarian who supports "common sense gun control" and Obamacare?

No you lying piece of shit, I am not.

I have bashed ObamaCare as long as I have been on this board, much further than most of you faux-Cons in that the stupid mandate was your focus mine was the hospital killing regulations that it added.

As for "gun control" being a Marine I learned early on that gun control is all about focus and controlling your breathing. If I hold a position on guns that you faux-Cons would disagree with it is that I do not think that accessories are covered by the 2nd. Other than that I think there are too many restrictions as there is and that the hoops to own a fully automatic weapons are far too rigid.

Any more lies your little statist ass would like to try and pass off?

...Aaaand, that's where I stopped reading your partisan thread. This is the strategy (no need to capitalize) of extremists whether they consider themselves (D) or (R). No party has the market cornered on gas lighting.

...Aaaand, that's where I stopped reading your partisan thread. This is the strategy (no need to capitalize) of extremists whether they consider themselves (D) or (R). No party has the market cornered on gas lighting.
And later I said both sides do it...........but did I do it to piss in your sides cornflakes though....

Whatever

And later I said both sides do it...........but did I do it to piss in your sides cornflakes though....

Whatever

Piss away. It's your toilet. My 'side' has never given any fucks what you think.

8. They project.

Both parties have been doing this for a long time.

Whatever

Piss away. It's your toilet. My 'side' has never given any fucks what you think.
The the feelings are mutual...........line in the sand drawn........Oh well.

Forum List

Back