Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

I'm sorry but those of us who have actually sacrificed for our country aren't very impressed with that kind of superficial rhetoric.
I have family who served. I don't think you'd say that to their face.

My eldest boy has been deployed to Iraq three times, we talk about it a lot. And I'm not real anxious to see him go back for a fourth time. But it sure is easy for Americans to depend on one percent of the population doing all their fighting for them.
How does you son feel about you not supporting his mission?

How do your parents feel about having a special needs child?
Well, one of my sisters had German measles during her pregnancy and her son was born mentally retarded and deaf, but my parents and her siblings all love him greatly. That's how they feel. Now, how does your son feel about you not supporting his mission?
Amazing......you really are just this smart.

The President doesn't have a say on gas prices, need to talk to OPEC.

Is sounds like your objections are with Candy's lying ass thread title, correct? Let's start with that and then we can move from there.

Well the President doesn't dictate gas prices, so saying he is reponsible for lowering them is a falsehood.

He doesn't dictate gas prices. It's just that when the prices are high, he gets blamed for it (as with everything else). When they drop, those on the right change the subject. Those responding are now having to acknowledge that the price is below $3 in some places although they're not exactly aware they are doing it.

Only a moron would connect the price of gas to the President, you would have to be of very low intelligence todo so.

3.70 gallon gas. Where s the same media outrage when gas was 1.89 under Bush US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
who says a President doesn t affect gas prices US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
OBAMA-The Destroyer... WANTS to bankrupt companies skyrocketing utilities higher gas US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I agree...these posters above (who are serious about it) are of very low intelligence

Is sounds like your objections are with Candy's lying ass thread title, correct? Let's start with that and then we can move from there.

Well the President doesn't dictate gas prices, so saying he is reponsible for lowering them is a falsehood.

He doesn't dictate gas prices. It's just that when the prices are high, he gets blamed for it (as with everything else). When they drop, those on the right change the subject. Those responding are now having to acknowledge that the price is below $3 in some places although they're not exactly aware they are doing it.

Only a moron would connect the price of gas to the President, you would have to be of very low intelligence todo so.

3.70 gallon gas. Where s the same media outrage when gas was 1.89 under Bush US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
who says a President doesn t affect gas prices US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
OBAMA-The Destroyer... WANTS to bankrupt companies skyrocketing utilities higher gas US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I agree...these posters above (who are serious about it) are of very low intelligence
Presidents policy and action do have control on oil prices
If one lifts a ban and prices start to come down and another reinstates thew same ban and prices go back up what in the hell do you call that?

I have family who served. I don't think you'd say that to their face.

My eldest boy has been deployed to Iraq three times, we talk about it a lot. And I'm not real anxious to see him go back for a fourth time. But it sure is easy for Americans to depend on one percent of the population doing all their fighting for them.
How does you son feel about you not supporting his mission?

How do your parents feel about having a special needs child?
Well, one of my sisters had German measles during her pregnancy and her son was born mentally retarded and deaf, but my parents and her siblings all love him greatly. That's how they feel. Now, how does your son feel about you not supporting his mission?
Amazing......you really are just this smart.
My crap is smarter than you are, pissant.

Pointing out other people making as stupid of a comment as you.... doesn't change the fact your comment was absolutely idiotic.

I am well aware that there are "bush supporters" who made such dumb comments. Them being wrong, doesn't make you right, when you both are pushing the absolutely brain damaged claim that the president should get credit for something he has absolutely no control over whatsoever.

The fact this right here is the only pathetic response you have, just proves you completely lost this discussion. When you end up acting like a pathetic 5-year-old going "well he did it first!" as a justification for making dumb statements, you only proved yourself stupid.

9WiKXwCT5CQsczXXTN5TW8hnFwpWPuYreeqyJCwPBDA=w336-h350

To the point: Candy...... Grow up. Stop being a baby, and become a woman. When you say something dumb... just admit it, and move on.

E85 fuel is intended for use in FFVs. FFVs use E85 or gas
interchangeably. During the $1.85-per-gallon promotion on August
13th, there is a 20-gallon limit per customer; portable fuel cans are not
allowed.

http://www.thewheelerreport.com/wheeler_docs/files/0806ala.pdf

E85 is nice. But I get about 70-80 percent the mileage with it. So, it's not soooo great.

Wow, I thought this was a well known, widely established fact. E85, even in cars designed for it, all get terrible gas mileage. This is normal, and expected.

Ethanol does not have, as a matter of physics, have the same amount of energy as oil. It's a physics problem. It physically does not contain the same amount of energy.

You simply can't get the same mileage from Ethanol, because it physically, simply doesn't have as much energy to be gotten.

Using the roughest of numbers, Ethanol has about 2/3 the energy of oil. Since E85, is of course, 15% oil, 70% to 80% of the gas mileage is exactly what you should expect, out of decently tuned vehicle. If you have a vehicle less adapted, you can expect lower mileage, even less than how much energy it has, because it's being harnessed less effectively.

Now, on a personal cost side, the lower cost of E85, almost makes up for it's lower mileage.

The problem is, the government is paying rich people, to make that E85. They subsidies Ethanol greatly. Not in the liberal version of subsidize, where they get a tax break. But real subsidy, where the government takes money from your check, and pays it to the people who make Ethanol, and then you pay for it at the pump too.

So unlike Exxon, which only get's money from your pocket if you buy their gas, Ethanol gets the money you pay the pump, and some money you pay on April 15th. Perhaps that doesn't bother you, but that bugs the snot out of me.

So, is Obama, Pelosi, Hillary and as host of other Democrats and many members on this board that blamed the President back in 07 and 08. And Democrats voted for them! I bet you voted for the idiots!

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Pointing out other people making as stupid of a comment as you.... doesn't change the fact your comment was absolutely idiotic.

I am well aware that there are "bush supporters" who made such dumb comments. Them being wrong, doesn't make you right, when you both are pushing the absolutely brain damaged claim that the president should get credit for something he has absolutely no control over whatsoever.

The fact this right here is the only pathetic response you have, just proves you completely lost this discussion. When you end up acting like a pathetic 5-year-old going "well he did it first!" as a justification for making dumb statements, you only proved yourself stupid.

To the point: Candy...... Grow up. Stop being a baby, and become a woman. When you say something dumb... just admit it, and move on.

Dumb shit, I never blamed Bush or Obama for fucking gas prices. It was a justification fuck face, it was I saw this pattern long before today and any idiot that thinks a President is directly responsible for the price of gas, Democrat, Republican or otherwise is an idiot, and you are a dumb shit.

I have no pot holes on my street...thank you mr. president

How stupid. Pot holes are not the job of the federal government, let alone the President. I should not be paying for your pot holes.
Good on you bub.....being obtuse is a gift

Do you know what the word 'obtuse' even means?

Note: you did not refute my post. You cannot. Instead you dismissed with Argumentum ad hominem and ignoratio elenchi.

I should not be paying for your pot holes, and you should not be paying for mine. That is not "obtuse," that is instead hitting the nail on the head. That you thank the president, of all people, for your streets, is a testimony to our pathetic education system and media. Local, county and state taxes, mostly user fees, property taxes and gas taxes, pay for street repair, not some hard working family in another state, far removed from your best interests.

Come on R.D., what ya got???

When the price was peaking around 4 dollars wasn't the left saying that the president has little to do with the price of gasoline. Why yes, yes they did. Now they crow out of the other side of their mouth.

Last edited:
When he price was peaking around 4 dollars wasn't the left saying that the president has little to do with the price of gasoline. Why yes, yes they did. Now they crow out of the other side of their mouth.

That is one of the many problems with liberalism......it lacks consistency. Morality being perhaps the biggest problem.

Bring it.....

I pointed out on page one that the President has almost nothing to do with the price of gas. Do with that what you will.

Forum List

Back