Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

The share holders of multi national energy corporations sure are lucky to have the support of ordinary folks like yourself.

Do you believe that if your god puts $100 billion in new taxes on those corporations, the shareholders will pay it?

Why would they do that when you already like to bend over and give oil corporations huge tax rebates and incentives.

yawn... mind telling me what the president did to lower gas prices?

ABSOLUTELY ZILCH outside of not going into Iraq again (in a big way) which would cause the standard 10 to 20 cent price rise. Clearly his strategy was to get us out of the ME and he did...and the result is that petro is cheaper. Beyond that, he has zero control

The thread was satire to start with and was started to run counter to the incessant bitching from right wing posters about how he is responsible for the rise in petro but is NEVER responsible for any price drop. Not to complain but this is something like the fourth time I've posted this...

But now it's become sort of fun to watch EconChick start a new thread every time someone posts on this one--she started something like 3 threads in response to this one and I think we who have been watching (regardless of political affiliation) have been fascinated by the sad display.
Oh... fyi satirical posts... become less satirical when you repeat them again and again and again.... It becomes more like taunting and advertising.

The one thing the last couple POTUS's did do to cause a rise in cost of fuel was this ethanol crap.

I am taunting...my unworthy opponent creates threads to combat a joke...how can you do anything except point at her and laugh?
You could try the truth.

Gas is under 3 a gallon. Fact.
When the POG rises, conservatives blame Obama. Fact.
When the POG drops, conservatives change the subject. Fact.
Obama has very little control over a rise or fall. Fact.
I started this thread to highlight that. Fact.
I was upfront on page one about the POTUS having little control. Fact.
My unworthy opponent has gone batshit crazy starting multiple threads to counter this satirical thread. Fact.
The only ones not laughing at her are the ones who have either not paid attention or are overcome with pity for her. Fact.

I'll take your advice under advisement but I've been pretty factual and upfront. Compared to the Party of birthers ...it's pretty rich that the right wing loons are bent out of shape by factual reporting all of the sudden.

I chalk it up to their loss of political clout and loosening grip on power. Anger and outrage over minutia are pretty much all that's left.

Gas was under $2 a gallon when Bush left office, Comrade.

Not nearly enough.

"Enough" of course, would be every last dime your neighbor has!

If we put the same effort into solving the energy problems of 21st century as we did in winning the Second World War the problems would already be solved. Practically every important technological innovation of the past seventy years was developed as a result of government funded defense and space research programs. This internet forum couldn't exist otherwise.

Why would they do that when you already like to bend over and give oil corporations huge tax rebates and incentives.

The reason one is attracted to Communism, is because one lacks the intellectual fortitude to grasp even simple concepts.

Taxes are part of the cost of any product. 100% of all corporate taxes are paid by the consumer. The price at the pump increases by the amount of the tax levied.

This is just another example of leftists taking from those who can least afford it.

ABSOLUTELY ZILCH outside of not going into Iraq again (in a big way) which would cause the standard 10 to 20 cent price rise. Clearly his strategy was to get us out of the ME and he did...and the result is that petro is cheaper. Beyond that, he has zero control

The thread was satire to start with and was started to run counter to the incessant bitching from right wing posters about how he is responsible for the rise in petro but is NEVER responsible for any price drop. Not to complain but this is something like the fourth time I've posted this...

But now it's become sort of fun to watch EconChick start a new thread every time someone posts on this one--she started something like 3 threads in response to this one and I think we who have been watching (regardless of political affiliation) have been fascinated by the sad display.
Oh... fyi satirical posts... become less satirical when you repeat them again and again and again.... It becomes more like taunting and advertising.

The one thing the last couple POTUS's did do to cause a rise in cost of fuel was this ethanol crap.

I am taunting...my unworthy opponent creates threads to combat a joke...how can you do anything except point at her and laugh?
You could try the truth.

Gas is under 3 a gallon. Fact.
When the POG rises, conservatives blame Obama. Fact.
When the POG drops, conservatives change the subject. Fact.
Obama has very little control over a rise or fall. Fact.
I started this thread to highlight that. Fact.
I was upfront on page one about the POTUS having little control. Fact.
My unworthy opponent has gone batshit crazy starting multiple threads to counter this satirical thread. Fact.
The only ones not laughing at her are the ones who have either not paid attention or are overcome with pity for her. Fact.

I'll take your advice under advisement but I've been pretty factual and upfront. Compared to the Party of birthers ...it's pretty rich that the right wing loons are bent out of shape by factual reporting all of the sudden.

I chalk it up to their loss of political clout and loosening grip on power. Anger and outrage over minutia are pretty much all that's left.

Gas was under $2 a gallon when Bush left office, Comrade.

The global economy crashed just before Bush left office also. It's no wonder now why gasoline went sky high after Obama took office. You may thank Bush for that mess also.

Last edited:

The reason one is attracted to Communism, is because one lacks the intellectual fortitude to grasp even simple concepts.

Taxes are part of the cost of any product. 100% of all corporate taxes are paid by the consumer. The price at the pump increases by the amount of the tax levied.

This is just another example of leftists taking from those who can least afford it.

Oh so that's the real reason, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was because corporate lobbyists write our laws for us.

If we put the same effort into solving the energy problems of 21st century as we did in winning the Second World War the problems would already be solved. Practically every important technological innovation of the past seventy years was developed as a result of government funded defense and space research programs. This internet forum couldn't exist otherwise.

Obama has taken nearly a trillion dollars from working families and funneled it to his corrupt cronies, such as Solyndra. What do we have to show for this?

Now, let's look at the abject ignorance you posted after this;

Which of the following were created by government?

Solid State Circuits
Integrated Circuits
Liquid Crystals (LCD)
Light Emitting Diods (LED's)
Micro-processors
Ethernet (which this forum depends on)
The computer mouse

If you guessed "none," you guessed correct - but then if you did, you wouldn't be stupid, ergo you wouldn't be a democrat.

Okay, so "practically every" was a fucking lie, but at least they invented Tang, right? Oops, that was Borden...

Obama has taken nearly a trillion dollars from working families and funneled it to his corrupt cronies, such as Solyndra. What do we have to show for this?

Now, let's look at the abject ignorance you posted after this;

Which of the following were created by government?

Solid State Circuits
Integrated Circuits
Liquid Crystals (LCD)
Light Emitting Diods (LED's)
Micro-processors
Ethernet (which this forum depends on)
The computer mouse

If you guessed "none," you guessed correct - but then if you did, you wouldn't be stupid, ergo you wouldn't be a democrat.

Okay, so "practically every" was a fucking lie, but at least they invented Tang, right? Oops, that was Borden...

Plenty more where this came from dip shit.

LAOROSA DESIGN-JUNKY 26 NASA Inventions That We Take For Granted Everyday...

The global economy crashed when Bush left office also. It's no wonder now why gasoline went sky high after Obama took office. You may thank Bush for that mess also.

So, the world was so crushed at the loss of Bush the global economy crashed? :eek:

The economy began to falter in mid-07'; and was in free fall by June of 08'. But it WAS the economy, and not Bush that drove gas prices, just as it is the abundance of oil, and not Obama that drives prices now.

The real issue is fucking retards like Candy praising Obama for results that he, and all of you mindless insects, fought to prevent. Prices are down because of Fracking - that is the fact. The retard left has done everything- including massive lie campaigns - to stop fracking. Now you want to give the same fuckwads who fought this, the credit for the positive results....

Hater dupes just aren't told the facts on anything. Wonder if renewable fuels going from 10 to 13% of total production in 4 years has anything to do with the OP? Duh. How bout Dem forcing high mileage cars on Detroit and economical lightbulbs etc etc etc. How dopey can you get? Change the channel.

{• The Computer Microchip: Modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.}

So, is this true?

{Newly employed by Texas Instruments, Kilby recorded his initial ideas concerning the integrated circuit in July 1958, successfully demonstrating the first working integrated example on 12 September 1958.[10] In his patent application of 6 February 1959,[11] Kilby described his new device as “a body of semiconductor material … wherein all the components of the electronic circuit are completely integrated.”[12] The first customer for the new invention was theUS Air Force.[13]}

Integrated circuit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So Wiki says your blog is lying; but Wiki is only marginally more reliable than a blog.

{It seems that the integrated circuit was destined to be invented. Two separate inventors, unaware of each other's activities, invented almost identical integrated circuits or ICs at nearly the same time.
Jack Kilby, an engineer with a background in ceramic-based silk screen circuit boards and transistor-based hearing aids, started working for Texas Instruments in 1958. A year earlier, research engineer Robert Noyce had co-founded the Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation. From 1958 to 1959, both electrical engineers were working on an answer to the same dilemma: how to make more of less.}

History of the Integrated Circuit

Well shit, looks like it WAS Texas Instruments, and not NASA who developed the IC.

Hey, you're a leftist - of course you lie.

Forum List

Back