Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

The government makes more money on a gallon of gasoline than the oil companies do.

Well, that's bullshit.
I don't have to bullshit. Next time you think I'm bullshitting, find out first. You'll look smarter.

Drew Johnson Who Really Gets Rich Off High Gas Prices - WSJ

Yeah, I smacked him down on that already.

Oil company profit = $.07
Federal Government - $.48

Who is the REAL greedy gouger on energy?

Considering the fact that natural gas prices are at record lows while production is at an all time high, what better time is there to tap that tax resource? You do realize that the leases belong to the American people, right?

The prices are irrelvant - you just can't seem to wrap your mind around the simple fact that every cent in taxes is paid by the consumer.

You're not taxing the "greedy rich oil company," you're taxing the single mother trying to keep her kids warm during the winter.

THAT is democrat "compassion."

Considering the fact that natural gas prices are at record lows while production is at an all time high, what better time is there to tap that tax resource? You do realize that the leases belong to the American people, right?

The prices are irrelvant - you just can't seem to wrap your mind around the simple fact that every cent in taxes is paid by the consumer.

You're not taxing the "greedy rich oil company," you're taxing the single mother trying to keep her kids warm during the winter.

THAT is democrat "compassion."
Democrat compassion is no one has to work and everything is free..

Ethanol is $1.50 a gallon. Add in the customary 40 cent markup at the pump & the price is $1.90 for consumers. This is pounding the shit out of gasoline prices nation wide. The national average gas price will be in the $2 range by Christmas. The more E85 people buy, the lower gas prices fall.

I read somewhere that ethanol will kill your engine. I know there is a warning on my riding lawnmower about not using gas with more than 10% ethanol.

OK City
gas-price-jpg.jpg

Thanks Mr. President
yawn... mind telling me what the president did to lower gas prices?

ABSOLUTELY ZILCH outside of not going into Iraq again (in a big way) which would cause the standard 10 to 20 cent price rise. Clearly his strategy was to get us out of the ME and he did...and the result is that petro is cheaper. Beyond that, he has zero control

The thread was satire to start with and was started to run counter to the incessant bitching from right wing posters about how he is responsible for the rise in petro but is NEVER responsible for any price drop. Not to complain but this is something like the fourth time I've posted this...

But now it's become sort of fun to watch EconChick start a new thread every time someone posts on this one--she started something like 3 threads in response to this one and I think we who have been watching (regardless of political affiliation) have been fascinated by the sad display.
Oh... fyi satirical posts... become less satirical when you repeat them again and again and again.... It becomes more like taunting and advertising.

The one thing the last couple POTUS's did do to cause a rise in cost of fuel was this ethanol crap.

I am taunting...my unworthy opponent creates threads to combat a joke...how can you do anything except point at her and laugh?

Following normalized inflationary rates, gas should be around $1.85 per gallon.

It will be a cold day in hell that I thank a President for jacking prices to almost double what they should be.

Provided I even thought that a President had any control over the price of gasoline, which I don't.

The president is not responsible for gas prices. Prices are set on the spot market, which is not under the president's, nor any other politician's control.

Yeah, that was my point. You made it more eloquently than I. Thanks.

EconChick
Following normalized inflationary rates, gas should be around $1.85 per gallon.

It will be a cold day in hell that I thank a President for jacking prices to almost double what they should be.

Provided I even thought that a President had any control over the price of gasoline, which I don't.

The president is not responsible for gas prices. Prices are set on the spot market, which is not under the president's, nor any other politician's control.

Yeah, that was my point. You made it more eloquently than I. Thanks.

Meanwhile EconChick is having a meltdown over at her thread. She keeps 'bumping' her own thread in her desperate attempt for attention.

Sad and humorous at the same time.

She is one sad little troll. I was actually thinking about getting off of the board until I saw how much fun I can have driving that daft bitch crazy.

Oh, hey Candy,
If you need help finding Iraq on a map, I'll be happy to lend you my expertise since you have none.

As for the thread...thanks Mr. President...gasoline is now below $3.00 a gallon. Fracking has expanded under Obama faster than any other President.

He he he

EconChick must be exhausted 'bumping' her threads in an effort to keep them afloat. :laugh::laugh:

Obviously she's all alone in this world (not by her choice); someone would have intervened in her pathetic little world if anyone cared.

Your blanket condemnation is humorous.

Perhaps if conserve-hate-ives would stop with the "The only reason he won was because he is black", liberals would stop with the "The only reason you oppose him is because he is black"

Deal?

Didn't think so.

I've always loved the 'Obama only won because he's black' rant by the RWnuts. I guess they base that on the long history of black presidents having won because of their special race advantage...
No. That is based on the fact that no one ever would have heard of him if he were white.
128775426274198875.jpg
You might want to follow that back a ways and see who played the race card.
and you perpetuated it. Your point?
Did you child anyone else?

WTF is wrong with you hater dupes anyway? Beside being brainwashed, vulgar, loudmouth, racist functional shyttehead chumps of the greedy idiot rich, I mean.
You have described Obama perfectly.
Nonsense. A racist is someone who believes another race is inferior and discriminates, not whatever fallacious definition the new bs GOP has brainwashed you with, btw.
Obama has used race for political purposes and you know it. The Beer Summit, Trayvon Martin, and Michael Brown. Obama is a racist.
That's not a racist, 50% chance racist. lol
You're not very bright. Punk.
I don't think he's even human.

Most of my friends out here are racist hater dupes, talking about n*****s....and I'm VERY worried about your dumbass fos brainwashed Pub dupe opinion...lol. bless you. See sig last line.

FACT: The bulk of Obama's policies, regulations, and decisions have served to push energy prices higher.

FACT: Gas is under $3 a gallon. Thanks Mr. Obama.
Did you thank President Bush when gasoline went from $4.11 to $1.70 in a 5 month period? But you do thank a Liberal President who had doubled gas prices when the price falls back a bit.
OK then.

Why did he let it get to $4.11?
iggles,

You ARE all over the place on this, aren't you? For shits and giggles, check when gas prices reached $4.11 and then try to remember what was going on in the world about that time.

Hint: Gas prices did not go up because he blocked pipeline construction, raised taxes on energy producers or withheld drilling permits.

Forum List

Back