Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

Gas is still dirt cheap around my area. Thank you Barack Hussein Obama, our proud, Democrat two-term, African American President :cool-45: :mm:

Ethanol is $1.50 a gallon. Add in the customary 40 cent markup at the pump & the price is $1.90 for consumers. This is pounding the shit out of gasoline prices nation wide. The national average gas price will be in the $2 range by Christmas. The more E85 people buy, the lower gas prices fall.

I read somewhere that ethanol will kill your engine. I know there is a warning on my riding lawnmower about not using gas with more than 10% ethanol.

I have about 50 internal combustion engines. I run Ethanol & Bio-Fuel in them all. People who pay double to the oil companies are clear proof that scare tactics, fear & deception work. There is a sucker born every minute & the US is full of stupid suckers.

So you are the one causing all of this.

The growth of ethanol, an alcohol-based additive that makes up 10-percent of each gallon of gas, has had unintended consequences:

• We pay more for foods like bread, snacks and chicken. Between 2007 and 2008, ethanol drove a 10 to 15 percent increase in food prices, according to a Congressional Budget Office report – partly because corn once used for livestock feed is now used to make fuel.

• Our vehicles get fewer miles per gallon of gasoline now that ethanol is included, and we're paying more for that fuel – about 13 cents per gallon because of the lost efficiency.

• Boat engines and lawn care equipment go kaput from engines that weren't designed for fuels that include alcohol, a natural byproduct of the sugars and starches in corn.

• Fiberglass marine fuel tanks in older vessels can't stand up to the alcohol-based fuel additive, causing dangerous leaks.

• Iconic species like monarch butterflies, native bees, pheasants and other grassland birds are declining from lost habitat as more land is converted to corn production.

• Corn planted in marginal habitats threatens one of the most altered ecosystems in the world – the temperate grasslands of the Great Plains, which naturally absorb carbon from the atmosphere.

While corn stalks do absorb carbon when they're green, they do not sop up the greenhouse gases when stalks turn brown in fall, or when they're plowed under during winter and early spring.

In Delaware, the poultry and petroleum industries have been hammered by the ethanol mandate.

Because corn and soybeans are more expensive thanks to the biofuels industry, the cost of livestock feed has gone up.

It creates "a very uneven playing field for chicken companies to compete for necessary feedstuffs," said Tom Super, a spokesman for the National Chicken Council, the poultry industry trade group based in Washington, D.C.

The bottom line: over $44 billion nationally in higher actual chicken feed costs, Super said.

"Adding together the higher cumulative feed costs for chicken, turkey, table eggs and hogs, the total is almost $100 billion in additional feed costs," he said. "Also higher feed costs for other agricultural animal producers, such as dairy and beef cattle, would add measurably to the $100 billion cost."

All you have posted is 100% pure bullshit propaganda. Only retards carry water for those who screw them daily.

And with that, his point is proven. Thank you for your participation.

Would you like to defend his claim?

Which of the following are actually true?

1. CAT scanner: this cancer-detecting technology was first used to find imperfections in space components.

2. Computer microchip: modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

3. Cordless tools: power drills and vacuum cleaners use technology designed to drill for moon samples.

4. Ear thermometer: a camera-like lens that detects infrared energy we feel as heat was originally used to monitor the birth of stars.

5. Freeze-dried food: this reduces food weight and increases shelf life without sacrificing nutritional value.

6. Insulation: home insulation uses reflective material that protects spacecraft from radiation.

7. Invisible braces: teeth-straightening is less embarrassing thanks to transparent ceramic brace brackets made from spacecraft materials.

8. Joystick: this computer gaming device was first used on the Apollo Lunar Rover.

9. Memory foam: created for aircraft seats to soften landing, this foam, which returns to its original shape, is found in mattresses and shock absorbing helmets.

10. Satellite television: technology used to fix errors in spacecraft signals helps reduce scrambled pictures and sound in satellite television signals.

11. Scratch resistant lenses: astronaut helmet visor coating makes our spectacles ten times more scratch resistant.

12. Shoe insoles: athletic shoe companies adapted space boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.

13. Smoke detector: Nasa invented the first adjustable smoke detector with sensitivity levels to prevent false alarms.

14. Swimsuit: Nasa used the same principles that reduce drag in space to help create the world’s fastest swimsuit for Speedo, rejected by some professionals for giving an unfair advantage.

15. Water filter: domestic versions borrow a technique Nasa pioneered to kill bacteria in water taken into space.

------------------

Now I have unequivocally proven that #2 is utterly false, Jack Kilby created the IC on his own time while working for TI. Intel took the IC and created the first microprocessor, the 8008. No defense funds were used.

But what about the rest of the claims?

How about #1? Did NASA create the CAT or CT scan?

Of course not - it's an absurd claim;

{Ledley is most widely known for his 1970s efforts to develop computerized tomography (CT) or CAT scanners. This work began in 1973, when the NBRF lost most of its NIH funding due to federal budget cuts. During this time, the NBRF had also become increasingly involved in on-campus computing projects.[34] Quickly trying to raise enough funds to cover the NBRF employee salaries, Ledley looked for projects the organization could undertake for Georgetown University.[34] After learning that Georgetown research physicians were frustrated by the $500,000 cost of a CT scanner they wished to buy from EMI (EMI-Scanner), Ledley promised them that the NBRF could build a similar machine for only half the price. The university agreed to give Ledley a chance, and for the next several months a team led by Ledley, Golab, Wilson, and Frank Rabbitt, worked to develop a prototype.[34][35]}

Robert Ledley - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Notice how Ledley developed the CAT scan BECAUSE he lost his federal grants for other projects.

You see Faun, it isn't just that you leftists know so little, it's that most of what you know, simply isn't so.

Ethanol is $1.50 a gallon. Add in the customary 40 cent markup at the pump & the price is $1.90 for consumers. This is pounding the shit out of gasoline prices nation wide. The national average gas price will be in the $2 range by Christmas. The more E85 people buy, the lower gas prices fall.

I read somewhere that ethanol will kill your engine. I know there is a warning on my riding lawnmower about not using gas with more than 10% ethanol.

I have about 50 internal combustion engines. I run Ethanol & Bio-Fuel in them all. People who pay double to the oil companies are clear proof that scare tactics, fear & deception work. There is a sucker born every minute & the US is full of stupid suckers.

The growth of ethanol, an alcohol-based additive that makes up 10-percent of each gallon of gas, has had unintended consequences:

• We pay more for foods like bread, snacks and chicken. Between 2007 and 2008, ethanol drove a 10 to 15 percent increase in food prices, according to a Congressional Budget Office report – partly because corn once used for livestock feed is now used to make fuel.

• Our vehicles get fewer miles per gallon of gasoline now that ethanol is included, and we're paying more for that fuel – about 13 cents per gallon because of the lost efficiency.

• Boat engines and lawn care equipment go kaput from engines that weren't designed for fuels that include alcohol, a natural byproduct of the sugars and starches in corn.

• Fiberglass marine fuel tanks in older vessels can't stand up to the alcohol-based fuel additive, causing dangerous leaks.

• Iconic species like monarch butterflies, native bees, pheasants and other grassland birds are declining from lost habitat as more land is converted to corn production.

• Corn planted in marginal habitats threatens one of the most altered ecosystems in the world – the temperate grasslands of the Great Plains, which naturally absorb carbon from the atmosphere.

While corn stalks do absorb carbon when they're green, they do not sop up the greenhouse gases when stalks turn brown in fall, or when they're plowed under during winter and early spring.

In Delaware, the poultry and petroleum industries have been hammered by the ethanol mandate.

Because corn and soybeans are more expensive thanks to the biofuels industry, the cost of livestock feed has gone up.

It creates "a very uneven playing field for chicken companies to compete for necessary feedstuffs," said Tom Super, a spokesman for the National Chicken Council, the poultry industry trade group based in Washington, D.C.

The bottom line: over $44 billion nationally in higher actual chicken feed costs, Super said.

"Adding together the higher cumulative feed costs for chicken, turkey, table eggs and hogs, the total is almost $100 billion in additional feed costs," he said. "Also higher feed costs for other agricultural animal producers, such as dairy and beef cattle, would add measurably to the $100 billion cost."

All you have posted is 100% pure bullshit propaganda. Only retards carry water for those who screw them daily.

I looked up three of the claims and found these articles.

The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) has advocated nationally regarding the damaging effects of ethanol-based fuels on small-engine equipment. These fuels, due to their corrosive nature, can seriously damage fuel systems that are not designed to handle them. E15 fuels burn significantly hotter, and as a result, they can cause a small engine to overheat. In addition, these increased-ethanol fuel blends can absorb a great deal of airborne water (which in humid or damp operating conditions makes the engine very difficult to start) and are hard to ignite within a carburetor during cold weather.
Ethanol And Its Effects On Outdoor Power Equipment Lawn Mower Maintenance Tractor Supply Co.

The production and use of ethanol in the United States have been steadily increasing since 2001, boosted in part by long-standing production subsidies. That growth has exerted upward pressure on the price of corn and, ultimately, on the retail price of food, affecting both individual consumers and federal expenditures on nutritional support programs. It has also raised questions about the environmental consequences of replacing gasoline with ethanol.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/04-08-ethanol.pdf

If you choose to ignore the findings of those that know what they are talking about, (OPEI) that is your business, but I won't put more than 10% ethanol in my lawn mower. And if you think the Congressional Budget Office is wrong about food prices and environmental consequences, find an expert that disputes their finding.

Otherwise, STFU.

I looked up three of the claims and found these articles.

The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) has advocated nationally regarding the damaging effects of ethanol-based fuels on small-engine equipment. These fuels, due to their corrosive nature, can seriously damage fuel systems that are not designed to handle them. E15 fuels burn significantly hotter, and as a result, they can cause a small engine to overheat. In addition, these increased-ethanol fuel blends can absorb a great deal of airborne water (which in humid or damp operating conditions makes the engine very difficult to start) and are hard to ignite within a carburetor during cold weather.
Ethanol And Its Effects On Outdoor Power Equipment Lawn Mower Maintenance Tractor Supply Co.

The production and use of ethanol in the United States have been steadily increasing since 2001, boosted in part by long-standing production subsidies. That growth has exerted upward pressure on the price of corn and, ultimately, on the retail price of food, affecting both individual consumers and federal expenditures on nutritional support programs. It has also raised questions about the environmental consequences of replacing gasoline with ethanol.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/04-08-ethanol.pdf

If you choose to ignore the findings of those that know what they are talking about, (OPEI) that is your business, but I won't put more than 10% ethanol in my lawn mower. And if you think the Congressional Budget Office is wrong about food prices and environmental consequences, find an expert that disputes their finding.

Otherwise, STFU.
Some places are selling recreational fuel. Unfortunately even though it should be cheaper they are charging more for the gas that has no ethanol in it than the gas with ethanol. Wish we could hang the politicians that are forcing ethanol on us. Maybe they'd change their minds if they saw we were serious about our anger toward this.

Yeah but....ethanol? Didn't work...

Yeah but....the average is still over $3 a gallon? Never said it wasn't...

Yeah but....the President doesn't control gas prices? Never said he did...

Yeah but....he's black (soon to come).

Yeah but....ethanol? Didn't work...

Yeah but....the average is still over $3 a gallon? Never said it wasn't...

Yeah but....the President doesn't control gas prices? Never said he did...

Yeah but....he's black (soon to come).

Why did you think him for low gas prices if he doesn't control them? Was it because he is black?

Thank you Mr. President

For this...

Oil analyst says gas heading to lowest prices since 2010 NJ.com
Oil analyst says gas heading to lowest prices since 2010

While the average nationwide price of gas is about $3.26 per gallon, New Jersey drivers are paying $3.10 per gallon on average and drivers in Hudson County can fill up for as little as $2.91 per gallon.

However, one expert says prices will drop even lower in the coming weeks.

I am very glad to see gas prices drop. In spite of Obama putting every road block in place to keep it high, American ingenuity fooled the fool.

It seems the entire country is being fooled, except of course the gang in the oil industry. They are the ones making fools of the United States general population.

Thank you Mr. President

For this...

Oil analyst says gas heading to lowest prices since 2010 NJ.com
Oil analyst says gas heading to lowest prices since 2010

While the average nationwide price of gas is about $3.26 per gallon, New Jersey drivers are paying $3.10 per gallon on average and drivers in Hudson County can fill up for as little as $2.91 per gallon.

However, one expert says prices will drop even lower in the coming weeks.

I am very glad to see gas prices drop. In spite of Obama putting every road block in place to keep it high, American ingenuity fooled the fool.

Filled up last night. Price was $3.29.

It's still over $3 a gallon in my neighborhood. Contrary to popular belief, the title of the Thread never said that sub $3 gas was a pan-galactic phenomenon.

No, the title of the thread insinuated that the President has ANYTHING to do with economics positive to it's citizenry. "Pan-galactic phenomenon" is a dramatized device to dismiss the fact that our President is either an economic and inept boob, a dangerous ideologue, or both.

Either way, gas prices are largely outside the ineptitudes of our Organizer-in-Chief. The title of this thread begs THAT discussion.

Filled up last night. Price was $3.29.

It's still over $3 a gallon in my neighborhood. Contrary to popular belief, the title of the Thread never said that sub $3 gas was a pan-galactic phenomenon.

No, the title of the thread insinuated that the President has ANYTHING to do with economics positive to it's citizenry. "Pan-galactic phenomenon" is a dramatized device to dismiss the fact that our President is either an economic and inept boob, a dangerous ideologue, or both.

Either way, gas prices are largely outside the ineptitudes of our Organizer-in-Chief. The title of this thread begs THAT discussion.
Derp

Forum List

Back