Gay Cowboy Loses Everything When His Partner Dies

OCA said:
You see i'm speaking from a position of experience and knowledge, you are speaking from some obscure website and a whacked out hollywood movie.

Let this be a lesson to you, always have some knowledge of what you are talking about and you'll get along just fine here.
You are speaking in absolutes and facts, when you have neither. No matter what your experience, you still won't ever possibly "know" that there has never been a single gay cowboy.

All I'm saying is that there might be 1.

OCA said:
You can't be queer and a cowboy, its an oxymoron.
There's also no such thing as a gay priest.

Nor a gay soldier.

Nor a gay conservative.

Those are all oxymorons as well. So the above is "fact". I'm telling you.

jAZ said:
You are speaking in absolutes and facts, when you have neither. No matter what your experience, you still won't ever possibly "know" that there has never been a single gay cowboy.

All I'm saying is that there might be 1.
OCA is a great guy, a bit rough perhaps, but great nevertheless. If he says he's personally known many cowboys and states they are NOT gay, I believe him. Then again, men, even cowboys, have been known to omit details. IF one of them were gay, I don't think OCA is who they would come out to. I personally find homosexuality repugnant, do not think that such should be allowed for marriage equality, (it's NOT marriage).

I think adults, whatever their sexual proclivities, should keep them private and go about their public business, then even the 'discrimination' issue would fade, IMO. I tell the 7th or 8th graders NOTHING about my dating/boyfriends/etc., when some ask, I respond that 'it's not appropriate to discuss.' If I was still married, I would not tell them about 'what I did for my anniversary, such as going to the Sybaris.' http://www.sybaris.com/

Some things are just NOT to be shared.

Kagom said:
Honestly, I believe your scriptures was mistranslated. That's an opinion.

However, it only says that it's a sin in Leviticus. If you go to quote Paul, the man even claims that he does not speak for God, but for himself.
The only time that Paul says he is speaking for himself, and not for God, is when he says it is better to remain single. Then he goes on to clarify that it is not a sin to marry, if God calls one to marriage. The rest of his epistles are meant to instruct the churches about God/Jesus and the Christian life. So he is, indeed, speaking for God.

mom4 said:
The only time that Paul says he is speaking for himself, and not for God, is when he says it is better to remain single. Then he goes on to clarify that it is not a sin to marry, if God calls one to marriage. The rest of his epistles are meant to instruct the churches about God/Jesus and the Christian life. So he is, indeed, speaking for God.
Touche, mom4.

Kathianne said:
I would not tell them about 'what I did for my anniversary, such as going to the Sybaris.' http://www.sybaris.com/

That looks fabulous, Kathianne! I registered to win a free getaway. There's one in Indianapolis, only 2-3 hours away!

mom4 said:
That looks fabulous, Kathianne! I registered to win a free getaway. There's one in Indianapolis, only 2-3 hours away!

Was a great time! :laugh: Get the best you can afford! :teeth:

mom4 said:
Wasn't trying to twist the sword. I just like Scripture.

*ahem* You can be quite the taskmaster on scripture! I wish I had you for my religion classes, the kids would love you!

mom4 said:
Wasn't trying to twist the sword. I just like Scripture.
That doesn't matter. You were right and you showed me up. You deserve a touche ^.^

Kathianne said:
*ahem* You can be quite the taskmaster on scripture! I wish I had you for my religion classes, the kids would love you!
Thanks! How very NICE of you to say so! ;)

Kagom said:
That doesn't matter. You were right and you showed me up. You deserve a touche ^.^
Well, if you like that, there ARE a few more places in the Bible where it says homosexuality is a sin...

But OCA et al are socking it to you enough, poor guy. I'll leave you alone. ;)

Kathianne said:
I think adults, whatever their sexual proclivities, should keep them private and go about their public business... I tell the 7th or 8th graders NOTHING about my dating/boyfriends/etc., when some ask, I respond that 'it's not appropriate to discuss.' If I was still married, I would not tell them about 'what I did for my anniversary, such as going to the Sybaris.' http://www.sybaris.com/

Am I the only one who thinks it funny that you shared publicly something you just said you don't, won't and shouldn't share publicly?

jAZ said:
Am I the only one who thinks it funny that you shared publicly something you just said you don't, won't and shouldn't share publicly?
We can overlook it, since she provided that link... waterfall in the room...sigh.

mom4 said:
Well, if you like that, there ARE a few more places in the Bible where it says homosexuality is a sin...

But OCA et al are socking it to you enough, poor guy. I'll leave you alone. ;)
I've read a lot of scripture. I'm aware of the areas where it says that.

jAZ said:

I was referring to time and place. Do you know the stink that gays have put up about education positions? I'm saying that this would not be a place to 'share preferences' whether gay or straight. I would be concerned about a cowboy coming out to OCA, at least his USMB persona.

Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle said:
If you disagree with the liberal hate crime laws, then exactly on what basis do you justify that gay marriage/civil unions of the minority be pushed upon (i.e. "tolerated" by) the majority?

jAZ said:
The two have no impact upon each other. I'm not sure of your point.

Don't be so sure of that. Can you tell us why you think there is a basis for gay marriage/civil unions in our country which you so obviously support?

Kathianne said:
I was referring to time and place. Do you know the stink that gays have put up about education positions? I'm saying that this would not be a place to 'share preferences' whether gay or straight. I would be concerned about a cowboy coming out to OCA, at least his USMB persona.
I was just amused. I didn't even feel compelled to call you a hypocrite because I didn't think you to be one with that post. But it was amusing to me none the less.

As for OCA, I suspect he's truely never met a cowboy that he knew or believed to be gay. As for any hostility he might have, I'm too new.

jAZ said:
I was just amused. I didn't even feel compelled to call you a hypocrite because I didn't think you to be one with that post. But it was amusing to me none the less.

As for OCA, I suspect he's truely never met a cowboy that he knew or believed to be gay. As for any hostility he might have, I'm too new.

Well we are on equal footing then, I find you amusing too!

ScreamingEagle said:
Don't be so sure of that. Can you tell us why you think there is a basis for gay marriage/civil unions in our country which you so obviously support?
Actually as I posted earlier, I support "Civil Unions For All". I think the Gov't should get it's collective head outa business of "marriage" and leave it up to the churches. They should however continue their efforts to clearly legislate property rights with civil unions.

Forum List

Back