Gay Day at Disney

I thought the real die-hard evangelicals didn't go in for anything with magic or wizardry themes like Harry Potter. They're terrified of make-believe fiction letting the devil in their empty lives, but they'll embrace the make-believe stories in the bible and justify their hate and intolerance.

Seems like Satan found a way into their lives anyway.

Anyway, wou would think these homophobic assholes wouldn't care what goes on at the Magic Kingdom.

Look, if you're struggling with your sexuality, I'm sorry...I know that can be tough. I don't recommend reparative therapy, though...it has a less than 10% success rate and those 10% say their attractions don't go away, they just don't give in to them. (except in their minds)

People who disagree with the church of LGBT displaying lewd acts in front of kids at Disney aren't by definition "closet homosexuals". Though that is always the last card the lavender crowd pulls out of its bag when it is desperate.

I suppose by your definition Seawytch, anyone who wrote laws protecting kids from exposure to lewd sex acts are really just "closet homosexuals" "waiting to be free"? This discussion is about lewd sex acts in front of kids by the church of LGBT at Disney during one of the busiest weeks of the year for kids visiting Disney with their parents. All unwarned to unsuspecting visitors.

Disney knows how to shut it down. They shut down other stuff they don't like with lightening speed. One lawsuit from parents on behalf of their kids and they will have to shut it down. Why wait until the inevitable is all I'm saying...

Gay Days have been going on since the 90s . Where are these lawsuits?

In May 1984, a superior court judge ruled that Exler’s civil rights had been violated and ordered Disney to abolish their ban on same sex dancing and pay attorney fees amounting to $25,000. Disney did pay the attorney fees, but maintained that the lawsuit was not a class action suit, thus, ... No other gays would be allowed to dance at Disneyland.

On August 14, 1985 Disneyland quietly reversed their 28-year-old policy that prohibited partners of the same sex from dancing together in the park. However

In late 1987, three UCLA students were told, “touch dancing is reserved for heterosexual couples only.” In response, they filed a lawsuit against Disney citing another civil rights violation. However, before the case ever made it to the courts, Disney reassessed the situation and backed down. A subsequent letter sent by 15 Florida state lawmakers condemned the policy as "anti-family" ... "We strongly disapprove of your inclusion and endorsement of a life-style that is unhealthy, unnatural and unworthy of special treatment."

In 1991, Doug Swallow {Yup that's what he Does} and some of his Orlando friends decided to get a group together to visit the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. They picked the first Saturday in June.

For the second Gay Days, Disney issued a memo to cast members instructing them to disavow any knowledge of the event and forbade them from forewarning families entrering

Disney sued a kindergarten for painting Disney characters on the wall of their child care facility. However, Disney took no legal action to prevent the "Gay Chicago Magazine" and "Gay Day at Disney" WebSite from using Disney characters to promote the "Annual Gay & Lesbian Day at Disney World." The cartoons even use the copyright script of Disney's name.

Disney has the largest gay and lesbian employee organization in the entertainment industry.

Disney has a Gay Day? FABULOUS!

I'm sure the kids think so too. Their family saved up for this once in a lifetime trip to go see shaved muscle boys in tight clothes staring openly at each other's crotches, and tonguing each other outside Cinderella's castle..

That's what an eyewitness affiliated with Disney said was the case. "Fabulous" is not the word I'd choose to describe it. More like, "illegal".

What's illegal about two people kissing in public?

Yeah What's wrong with two degenerate perverts groping each other in front of kids ..... Go Figure ?

Why do the homosexual deviants need special days to go to Disney World? Are they not allowed the other 360 some odd days of the year? Just more pandering to special interests.

Who is "pandering"? Should Disney close the day the gheys decide to go? Oh, and we do go the other 365 days of the tear TOO.

Disney is pandering. What do you call it? Why not just let EVERYONE enjoy the park EVERY DAY. Why the need for special gay days? They are promoting homosexuality and homosexual behavior...its disgusting.

I'm sure the kids think so too. Their family saved up for this once in a lifetime trip to go see shaved muscle boys in tight clothes staring openly at each other's crotches, and tonguing each other outside Cinderella's castle..

That's what an eyewitness affiliated with Disney said was the case. "Fabulous" is not the word I'd choose to describe it. More like, "illegal".

What's illegal about two people kissing in public?

Yeah What's wrong with two degenerate perverts groping each other in front of kids ..... Go Figure ?

Who groped anybody?

Why do the homosexual deviants need special days to go to Disney World? Are they not allowed the other 360 some odd days of the year? Just more pandering to special interests.

Who is "pandering"? Should Disney close the day the gheys decide to go? Oh, and we do go the other 365 days of the tear TOO.

Disney is pandering. What do you call it? Why not just let EVERYONE enjoy the park EVERY DAY. Why the need for special gay days? They are promoting homosexuality and homosexual behavior...its disgusting.

Disney isn't doing anything. They have nothing to do with the event other than be the place that everyone goes on that one day. Do you know how much revenue the event brings to Orlando?

People who disagree with the church of LGBT displaying lewd acts in front of kids at Disney aren't by definition "closet homosexuals". Though that is always the last card the lavender crowd pulls out of its bag when it is desperate.

I suppose by your definition Seawytch, anyone who wrote laws protecting kids from exposure to lewd sex acts are really just "closet homosexuals" "waiting to be free"? This discussion is about lewd sex acts in front of kids by the church of LGBT at Disney during one of the busiest weeks of the year for kids visiting Disney with their parents. All unwarned to unsuspecting visitors.

Disney knows how to shut it down. They shut down other stuff they don't like with lightening speed. One lawsuit from parents on behalf of their kids and they will have to shut it down. Why wait until the inevitable is all I'm saying...

Gay Days have been going on since the 90s . Where are these lawsuits?

In May 1984, a superior court judge ruled that Exler’s civil rights had been violated and ordered Disney to abolish their ban on same sex dancing and pay attorney fees amounting to $25,000. Disney did pay the attorney fees, but maintained that the lawsuit was not a class action suit, thus, ... No other gays would be allowed to dance at Disneyland.

On August 14, 1985 Disneyland quietly reversed their 28-year-old policy that prohibited partners of the same sex from dancing together in the park. However

In late 1987, three UCLA students were told, “touch dancing is reserved for heterosexual couples only.” In response, they filed a lawsuit against Disney citing another civil rights violation. However, before the case ever made it to the courts, Disney reassessed the situation and backed down. A subsequent letter sent by 15 Florida state lawmakers condemned the policy as "anti-family" ... "We strongly disapprove of your inclusion and endorsement of a life-style that is unhealthy, unnatural and unworthy of special treatment."

In 1991, Doug Swallow {Yup that's what he Does} and some of his Orlando friends decided to get a group together to visit the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. They picked the first Saturday in June.

For the second Gay Days, Disney issued a memo to cast members instructing them to disavow any knowledge of the event and forbade them from forewarning families entrering

Disney sued a kindergarten for painting Disney characters on the wall of their child care facility. However, Disney took no legal action to prevent the "Gay Chicago Magazine" and "Gay Day at Disney" WebSite from using Disney characters to promote the "Annual Gay & Lesbian Day at Disney World." The cartoons even use the copyright script of Disney's name.

Disney has the largest gay and lesbian employee organization in the entertainment industry.

So no "groping" lawsuits, just as I suspected.

It's kind of amusing that people are re-freaking out about Gay Days at Disney (this thread is actually really, really old) and AmericanJihad bumped his thread, not because thousands and thousand and thousands of gays show up in Orlando in June to spend boatloads of cash, he bumped his thread because Disney is featuring lesbians on Good Luck Charlie.

article-2547192-1B0443D000000578-225_634x421.jpg

It's kind of amusing that people are re-freaking out about Gay Days at Disney (this thread is actually really, really old) and AmericanJihad bumped his thread, not because thousands and thousand and thousands of gays show up in Orlando in June to spend boatloads of cash, he bumped his thread because Disney is featuring lesbians on Good Luck Charlie.

They're all over the friggin place

xena_gay.JPG

Lesbian subtext is generally found in TV shows where two female characters have a chemistry between them that could be love or sexual attraction, despite the characters never explicitly announcing that’s the case. The most famous TV series for having strong lesbian subtext is of course Xena Warrior Princess, in which the characters of Xena and Gabrielle clearly shared a deep connection despite it never explicitly being stated the pair were in love.

Recently a couple of other shows have come to light that also features a strong lesbian subtext. Rizzoli & Isles is one show with lesbian subtext between the female leads Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles. Both characters are straight in the series, but the lesbian subtext is definitely being picked up on by the audience, with fanfic and videos hitting the net. Two other characters featuring lesbian subtext are H. G. Wells (aka HG) and Myka Bering in SyFy series Warehouse 13. Like Rizzoli & Isles, both Myka Bering and H. G. Wells are straight women, but the chemistry between them is being picked up on and tweeted, blogged and made into fanvid and fanfic. Can you think of any other TV shows with lesbian subtext?

Lesbian subtext on TV Rizzoli & Isles as well as HG Wells and Myka Bering

They're all over the friggin place

xena_gay.JPG

Lesbian subtext is generally found in TV shows where two female characters have a chemistry between them that could be love or sexual attraction, despite the characters never explicitly announcing that’s the case. The most famous TV series for having strong lesbian subtext is of course Xena Warrior Princess, in which the characters of Xena and Gabrielle clearly shared a deep connection despite it never explicitly being stated the pair were in love.

Recently a couple of other shows have come to light that also features a strong lesbian subtext. Rizzoli & Isles is one show with lesbian subtext between the female leads Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles. Both characters are straight in the series, but the lesbian subtext is definitely being picked up on by the audience, with fanfic and videos hitting the net. Two other characters featuring lesbian subtext are H. G. Wells (aka HG) and Myka Bering in SyFy series Warehouse 13. Like Rizzoli & Isles, both Myka Bering and H. G. Wells are straight women, but the chemistry between them is being picked up on and tweeted, blogged and made into fanvid and fanfic. Can you think of any other TV shows with lesbian subtext?

Lesbian subtext on TV Rizzoli & Isles as well as HG Wells and Myka Bering

Xena?!? Way to be topical.

Oh, and there is no subtext on Rizolli...lesbians watch because Angie Harmon with a gun is fucking hot!

0cced7d8724c11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

Disney isn't doing anything. They have nothing to do with the event other than be the place that everyone goes on that one day. Do you know how much revenue the event brings to Orlando?

They are allowing their property to be used for this propaganda event and are encouraging it.

Oh, and there is no subtext on Rizolli...lesbians watch because Angie Harmon with a gun is fucking hot!

Yes, I've noted among many other curious behaviors in LGBT, that some lesbians get really excited about a woman who acts like/looks like/behaves like a man....

I suppose they'd like to take "her" home and put a strapon on her so she can perform like a man on her....

...and other curiosities... I think there's some closeted heteros in the LGBT populations.

Another example...a friend of mine went to a public event once where two "gay" men were attending, one gay guy was the femme, the "bottom" obviously and the other looked actually normal, was not flaming at all. She said that about halfway through the event she caught the normal looking gay guy staring at her tits. He wouldn't take his eyes off her. Pretty soon the obnoxious and flaming "femme" gay started body blocking his "boyfriend' from staring at my friend's rack. He became agitated, got more drunk and really obnoxious. Uncomfortable, my friend left the gathering early with the normal "gay" guy's eyes following her with a hint of remorse in them.

There are more closeted heteros in the "gay" population than I imagined. Seawytch has just let on that masculine women turn her on. That would be like a hetero dude saying masculine women turn him on. One would be suspect of closeted hetero, the other closeted gay.

Funny and very misunderstood phenomenon exist in human sexuality. One almost gets the feeling like its more of a behavior thing than anything else. You know, cultural, faddish.

I read Anne Heche's life story a while back. Quite the morass of inappropriate early exposure in her life to conflicting role models and imprinting/aversion to men, yet wanting a man in her life. I often wonder about lesbians who seek out mannish women to be with. What's really going on there? Etc...

They are allowing their property to be used for this propaganda event and are encouraging it.

There seems to be evidence that this is the case. Talk about opening yourself up to a lawsuit for inappropriate exposure of sexuality to kids!

resized_Disney_Rainbow_Pins_zps0cab9b7e.jpg

"Allowing it"? Do you propose they stop it somehow? Of course they will encourage it, we're talking a lot of money here.

Wiki: The first event, in 1991, had 3,000 gays and lesbians from central Florida going to area theme parks on one day wearing red shirts to make their presence more visible. By 1995, the event had grown to 10,000 gays and lesbians traveling for the gay day at Disney. As of 2010 approximately 150,000 LGBTs, their families, friends and supporters attended the six-day gathering (including various pool parties, conventions, festivals, a business expo, activities for kids, etc.) with 20,000 to 30,000 going to Disney on the final day.[1]

Yes, I've noted among many other curious behaviors in LGBT, that some lesbians get really excited about a woman who acts like/looks like/behaves like a man....

I suppose they'd like to take "her" home and put a strapon on her so she can perform like a man on her....

...and other curiosities... I think there's some closeted heteros in the LGBT populations.

Another example...a friend of mine went to a public event once where two "gay" men were attending, one gay guy was the femme, the "bottom" obviously and the other looked actually normal, was not flaming at all. She said that about halfway through the event she caught the normal looking gay guy staring at her tits. He wouldn't take his eyes off her. Pretty soon the obnoxious and flaming "femme" gay started body blocking his "boyfriend' from staring at my friend's rack. He became agitated, got more drunk and really obnoxious. Uncomfortable, my friend left the gathering early with the normal "gay" guy's eyes following her with a hint of remorse in them.

There are more closeted heteros in the "gay" population than I imagined. Seawytch has just let on that masculine women turn her on. That would be like a hetero dude saying masculine women turn him on. One would be suspect of closeted hetero, the other closeted gay.

Funny and very misunderstood phenomenon exist in human sexuality. One almost gets the feeling like its more of a behavior thing than anything else. You know, cultural, faddish.

I read Anne Heche's life story a while back. Quite the morass of inappropriate early exposure in her life to conflicting role models and imprinting/aversion to men, yet wanting a man in her life. I often wonder about lesbians who seek out mannish women to be with. What's really going on there? Etc...

You've noticed nothing. Angie Harmon doesn't look anything like a man in or out of uniform. All kinds of different women "turn me on"... From Angelina Jolie to Julie Andrews.

Try the dollar store psychology books instead of the dime store. :rolleyes:

There seems to be evidence that this is the case. Talk about opening yourself up to a lawsuit for inappropriate exposure of sexuality to kids!

resized_Disney_Rainbow_Pins_zps0cab9b7e.jpg

Wow! You're right. The sexual imagery is just rampant in those pins!!! :eek: hide the children's eyes, quick!!! :lol:

Disney has all kinds of days in which special interest groups are recognized. There is nothing wrong with this practice. It is probably more comfortable for those special interest groups to be with predominantly like minded others. Just publicize it.

Yes, publicize it and make it what the blogger called a "hard ticket" event: closed to the general public except the church of LGBT.

"Allowing it"? Do you propose they stop it somehow? Of course they will encourage it, we're talking a lot of money here.

A rather disturbing image is popping up of you here Seawytch. You seem eager to ignore the compelling issue of children being inappropriately exposed to lewd behavior. You offer up over and over, in a couple posts now, that if enough money is involved in this exposure of children, then it's completely OK with you.

Do you realize what message that is sending readers here? For instance, instead of saying "this is terrible, they should at least close the park and make it just availible to the LGBT church those days", you argue instead that allowing those lewd and exhibitionist people to access/expose themselves and their deviant sexualities to unsuspecting general-public children is "OK as long as Disney is making money off it"...

Wow... For once in your life, take yourself out of the San Francisco culture, turn yourself round and stare at yourself through the eyes of someone not immersed in that culture. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. !

Yes, publicize it and make it what the blogger called a "hard ticket" event: closed to the general public except the church of LGBT.

A rather disturbing image is popping up of you here Seawytch. You seem eager to ignore the compelling issue of children being inappropriately exposed to lewd behavior. You offer up over and over, in a couple posts now, that if enough money is involved in this exposure of children, then it's completely OK with you.

Do you realize what message that is sending readers here? For instance, instead of saying "this is terrible, they should at least close the park and make it just availible to the LGBT church those days", you argue instead that allowing those lewd and exhibitionist people to access/expose themselves and their deviant sexualities to unsuspecting general-public children is "OK as long as Disney is making money off it"...

Wow... For once in your life, take yourself out of the San Francisco culture, turn yourself round and stare at yourself through the eyes of someone not immersed in that culture. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. !

Disney doesn't allow lewd behavior. Kissing and holding hands isn't lewd.

Forum List

Back