GAY Foster Parents Permitted- Concealed Carry Permit Parents DENIED!

"regulations requiring that guns and ammunition be stored in separate, secure containers"

What exactly are these regulations?

I told my husband he couldn't have a gun in the house proper unless he got a safe the kiddos couldn't get into, so now we have a safe upstairs with a handgun and ammo in it. That /should/ be good enough...

Buy another safe for the ammo? Problem solved?

Apparently these folks want to wear their guns in holsters while in the house. While that seems odd to me- as long as they are wearing the gun and attentive it seems to me that the spirit of the regulation would be followed, and these folks are approaching the issue from the correct direction- asking that the regulation be amended.

That will some it up the rest of the day folks.

Fags and the perverted lifestyle is OK to raise foster children, add a CCW permit to the equation, and you're no deemed unfit

That offers no additional clarification

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

A Nevada couple has been told that they can't adopt a 12-year-old child because they have legal concealed-carry permits.

Brian and Valerie Wilson asked the Assembly Judiciary Committee last week to approve a bill that would allow them to carry loaded weapons and serve as foster parents.

The couple’s attempts at adopting have been stopped by regulations requiring that guns and ammunition be stored in separate, secure containers in any home where foster children reside.

"My wife Valerie and I have been together since high school," Wilson told the committee. "We have always planned from early on that we would adopt later in life. We, in 2013, decided it was now time to go ahead and adopt and complete our family."

"There [are] a lot of older children in the system that need homes."

"I am really heartbroken that the Department of Child and Family Services gave us this denial letter,” Valerie Wilson said to the committee. "I really want a family."

Heartbroken Couple Denied Foster Children Because of Legal Gun Permits
Fags and the perverted lifestyle is OK to raise foster children,

Cry me a river cracker goy boi

Pretty logical...a house with a gun is a dangerous place.

Fags and the perverted lifestyle is OK to raise foster children, add a CCW permit to the equation, and you're now deemed unfit

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

A Nevada couple has been told that they can't adopt a 12-year-old child because they have legal concealed-carry permits.

Brian and Valerie Wilson asked the Assembly Judiciary Committee last week to approve a bill that would allow them to carry loaded weapons and serve as foster parents.

The couple’s attempts at adopting have been stopped by regulations requiring that guns and ammunition be stored in separate, secure containers in any home where foster children reside.

"My wife Valerie and I have been together since high school," Wilson told the committee. "We have always planned from early on that we would adopt later in life. We, in 2013, decided it was now time to go ahead and adopt and complete our family."

"I am really heartbroken that the Department of Child and Family Services gave us this denial letter,” Valerie Wilson said to the committee. "I really want a family."

I have no idea why you decided to use this issue to promote your own homophobia....but....that being said- the regulation seems clearly intended to protect children in the home from a loaded gun being left unattended, and a parent wearing a gun would not be leaving the gun unattended.

The couple seems to be approaching this the right way- they are asking to have the regulation amended- I support that.

I think that a couple with concealed gun carry permits have every potential to be as good of parents as a homosexual couple.

That's one of the few posts of yours that actually makes sense to me.

Okay- I re-read my post as I was worried I had posted something really screwy- no- just my usual honest assessment.

Even a broken clock.....
clock-059.gif

Fags and the perverted lifestyle is OK to raise foster children, add a CCW permit to the equation, and you're no deemed unfit

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

Most homes with guns never have a problem. I am all for reasonable gun regulations, but unless there can be a demonstrated reason why a home with parents closely supervising their guns would be actually more dangerous, I think that they should be able to adopt- heck they want to adopt a 12 year old- hardly anyone does that- usually only foster parents. It is more dangerous in my opinion to leave the 12 year old unadopted.

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

Most homes with guns never have a problem. I am all for reasonable gun regulations, but unless there can be a demonstrated reason why a home with parents closely supervising their guns would be actually more dangerous, I think that they should be able to adopt- heck they want to adopt a 12 year old- hardly anyone does that- usually only foster parents. It is more dangerous in my opinion to leave the 12 year old unadopted.

I was watching the movie "Martian Child" with John Cusack with my wife and she asked me, "Is it really that hard to adopt"? We have 4 kids and are medically prevented from having another, but we're considering adoption. In the movie, there's a board of about 10 people involved in the decision of whether or not a single widower can adopt a strange, mal-adapted boy. When the boy doesn't seem to be adjusting well, they convened a meeting to see if they need to remove the child in spite of the fact this father clearly loves and cares for him, and not allow the adoption to proceed. This boy came from an orphanage home with several children needing placement with families, so one wonders why they would raise the bar so high to get children placed in loving homes.

And however hard a 5 year old little boy is for placement, 12 year olds and teenagers are even harder because by that time they are often experiencing the emotional problems expected from frequent abuse, abandonment, and uprooting from one house to another. Most parents aren't looking for bitter, jaded teens and preteens, they are looking for the cuddly kind they can mold into loving adults. So apparently Martian Child isn't that far off in reflecting the reality that even though our government is trying to spur interest in adopting children How to Adopt - AdoptUSKids they have a list far too long to deny children a loving home.

We're already having to consult a lawyer to get this process started. We both have concealed carry permits and carry guns, are we going to have a problem?

The question then becomes not whether or not gay couples should be able to adopt, but rather whether any couple, gay or straight, can overcome the ridiculous hurdles.

Denying the couple because of CCW permits was an excuse. The authorities don't want heterosexual couples as foster parents.

What total bullshit.

If they didn't have guns, they would already have adopted the 12 year old. Your homophobia is leaking again.
Get a good dictionary and look up the word phobia.

I love dictionaries- Merriam Webster is the standard here in the U.S.

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

In the UK, the OED is the standard

homophobia - definition of homophobia in English from the Oxford dictionary
Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

Yep- after checking- using the term homophobia to describe your behavior completely accurately

And gays are perverted :badgrin:

-Geaux
===================

perverted

adjective per·vert·ed \pər-ˈvər-təd\
: having or showing sexual desires that are considered not normal or acceptable

: not considered normal or acceptable

Perverted Definition of perverted by Merriam-Webster

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

No its not. That's a lie

-Geaux

"regulations requiring that guns and ammunition be stored in separate, secure containers"

I told my husband he couldn't have a gun in the house proper unless he got a safe the kiddos couldn't get into, so now we have a safe upstairs with a handgun and ammo in it. That /should/ be good enough...

Apparently these folks want to wear their guns in holsters while in the house. While that seems odd to me- as long as they are wearing the gun and attentive it seems to me that the spirit of the regulation would be followed, and these folks are approaching the issue from the correct direction- asking that the regulation be amended.

A gun is of no use if its seconds away. Might as well call the police instead

-Geaux

Denying the couple because of CCW permits was an excuse. The authorities don't want heterosexual couples as foster parents.

What total bullshit.

If they didn't have guns, they would already have adopted the 12 year old. Your homophobia is leaking again.

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Yep- after checking- using the term homophobia to describe your behavior completely accurately

-Geaux
===================

perverted

Most Americans are perverted.

And some like yourself are homophobes.

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

I was watching the movie "Martian Child" with John Cusack with my wife and she asked me, "Is it really that hard to adopt"? We have 4 kids and are medically prevented from having another, but we're considering adoption. In the movie, there's a board of about 10 people involved in the decision of whether or not a single widower can adopt a strange, mal-adapted boy. When the boy doesn't seem to be adjusting well, they convened a meeting to see if they need to remove the child in spite of the fact this father clearly loves and cares for him, and not allow the adoption to proceed. This boy came from an orphanage home with several children needing placement with families, so one wonders why they would raise the bar so high to get children placed in loving homes.

And however hard a 5 year old little boy is for placement, 12 year olds and teenagers are even harder because by that time they are often experiencing the emotional problems expected from frequent abuse, abandonment, and uprooting from one house to another. Most parents aren't looking for bitter, jaded teens and preteens, they are looking for the cuddly kind they can mold into loving adults. So apparently Martian Child isn't that far off in reflecting the reality that even though our government is trying to spur interest in adopting children How to Adopt - AdoptUSKids they have a list far too long to deny children a loving home.

We're already having to consult a lawyer to get this process started. We both have concealed carry permits and carry guns, are we going to have a problem?

The question then becomes not whether or not gay couples should be able to adopt, but rather whether any couple, gay or straight, can overcome the ridiculous hurdles.

If you do decide to adopt, my best wishes for you and your family and I hope it works out wonderfully for your new child.

What total bullshit.

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

-Geaux
===================

perverted

If that was the case, the definition would not include 'not normal or acceptable' now would it?

-Geaux

Fags and the perverted lifestyle is OK to raise foster children, add a CCW permit to the equation, and you're now deemed unfit

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

A child was saved from having to grow up with gun nutters.

Thank god.

Hopefully the state will find him a loving home, gay or straight.

And maybe the nutters will rethink their nuttiness.

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

Thank god.

^^^^^^^^^^:badgrin:^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What total bullshit.

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

-Geaux
===================

perverted

If that was the case, the definition would not include 'not normal or acceptable' now would it?

-Geaux

Actually it does.

Based upon averages of just 20 years ago, oral sex between any two people would have been considered 'perverted'

Now it is 'normal'.

So yes, most Americans are 'perverted'- according to the standards of Americans one generation ago.

America is so screwed

-Geaux
---------------

Thank god.

I am hoping that was parody.

-Geaux

While I do agree, I find it much more likely that my kids might stupidly get their hands on it, than someone breaking into the house. For me, as a parent, it is worth the added seconds to get gun out of safe and load, than to risk kido's getting ahold of it.

That said, once the kids are out of the house, we probably won't even lock up the safe anymore.

So I can see them wanting the gun in a safe if you're going to be a foster parent. I somewhat disagree with the ammo needing to be in a separate safe, in the same safe with the gun should be fine.

Which is why I want to know the exact restriction. Because if you can have the gun /loaded/ in a safe, then extra ammo in a separate safe, then it's not much of an issue yea?

-Geaux

While I do agree, I find it much more likely that my kids might stupidly get their hands on it, than someone breaking into the house. For me, as a parent, it is worth the added seconds to get gun out of safe and load, than to risk kido's getting ahold of it.

That said, once the kids are out of the house, we probably won't even lock up the safe anymore.

So I can see them wanting the gun in a safe if you're going to be a foster parent. I somewhat disagree with the ammo needing to be in a separate safe, in the same safe with the gun should be fine.

Which is why I want to know the exact restriction. Because if you can have the gun /loaded/ in a safe, then extra ammo in a separate safe, then it's not much of an issue yea?

It's the same old thing of gun restrictions being written by idiots who know nothing about guns.

Forum List

Back