🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage and ACA ruling don't matter at all

Support for gay marriage approaching 2 to 1 isn't a 'stretchy' excuse'. Its the public disagreeing with you.

You simply don't have the numbers. You merely imagine you do....because such comforting lies make you feel better. Alas, your feelings are not the basis of our laws or our amendments.

You using old people as an excuse is stretchy. Is that all you got is so very premature polls?

Opposition to gay marriage is concerntrated among old folks. Every other demo has a majority support for same sex marriage. With support in the under 25 crowd being 80%. Even among young republicans, its 60%.

You simply don't have the numbers. And you can't 'imagine' math away.

Young republicans mature and realize that hey I can stick to my guns here and vote for this change that I do believe in but never thought this vote would come to me and vote in favor of the amendment.

Says you pretending you know the future and ignoring what these people say of their own beliefs. With you claiming to speak for their 'future selves'. But you can't actually back any of that up with evidence. Merely your bargaining and denial.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bottom Line - the 60% you are talking about with young republicans is because they don't see another option. they see it as destined.

Bottom line, its 80% for folks under 25 and 60% among republicans under 30. You don't have the numbers. All demos are shifting toward greater acceptance of gay marriage. With republicans today mirroring mid 90s democrats in their support for gay marriage.

The trends are against you. The numbers are against you. You're arguing your emotions at this point.

The republicans under age 30 the numbers are scewed for them. That is a decision they will struggle with till they get to the ballot box. Polls are irrelevant.

Says you. The people you require to vote in favor of your amendment take polls very seriously. So their judgment about polls is far more relevant than your imagination.

See how this works? It doesn't matter what you believe. It matters what the state legislators believe. And they don't believe what you do.

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.

The President can't repeal a law.

he has to sing off on it.

If is is already a law, he/she has to sign off on nothing. And it cannot be repealed by his/her signature. Use your brain!

Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

Repealing ACA is possible, but I'll bet it won't.

An amendment will likely happen due to the countries shift to the right and the votes will be there within 8 years. As for the ACA all we need is a GOP president and now Hilary will have to defend the ACA and she will lose votes due to that and with the shift to the right I predict a GOP President, which is all that is required to repeal Obamacare.

Are you 12 years old?

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.

The President can't repeal a law.

he has to sing off on it.

Well I heard Obama sing and he ain't no Marvin Gaye.

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Not very difficult guys and gals if you know how government works.

I've seen the government work over the last few years. It will be VERY hard.

the Supremes should have kicked this back to the states and not even commented on it
so this isn't over for sure

Texas Governor speaks on it:
snip;
Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage
Friday, June 26, 2015 • Austin, Texas • Press Release
Learn more about:Governor's Initiatives »

Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement regarding the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling:

“The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire country their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court’s previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.

“Despite the Supreme Court’s rulings, Texans’ fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court’s decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.

all of it here:
Office of the Governor - Greg Abbott - Press Release Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Obviously you have no idea how government works, in addition to being comprehensively ignorant concerning the Constitution.

As with the states, Congress has no authority whatsoever to defy the Constitution or the Supreme Court; one does not forfeit his civil rights merely as a consequence of his state of residence, and one's rights are immune from attack by the state.

the Supremes should have kicked this back to the states and not even commented on it

snip;

Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement regarding the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling:

“The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire country their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court’s previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.

“Despite the Supreme Court’s rulings, Texans’ fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court’s decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.

all of it here:
Office of the Governor - Greg Abbott - Press Release Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage

This is going to get very interesting.

I don't like it......

But it feels like it won't be long before states start coming out in open rebellion against the federal government.....again.

Only this time, I hope there isn't any bloodshed.

Obviously you have no idea how government works, in addition to being comprehensively ignorant concerning the Constitution.

As with the states, Congress has no authority whatsoever to defy the Constitution or the Supreme Court; one does not forfeit his civil rights merely as a consequence of his state of residence, and one's rights are immune from attack by the state.

Oh, I suspect congress could defy the supreme court....what'cha gonna do about it ?

My hope is that they don't.

Your last statement is laughable.

Tell us which branch is superior?

You seem to be a self proclaimed scholar.

Oh, I suspect congress could defy the supreme court....what'cha gonna do about it ? Ruth Ginsburg is going to look pretty silly trying to spank somebody.

My hope is that they don't.

Your last statement is laughable.

snip;

all of it here:

I don't like it......

But it feels like it won't be long before states start coming out in open rebellion against the federal government.....again.

another is the people should pissed they didn't get a say and these judges just RULED over them and their state. These libs wails about Democracy how is having this ruled by judges Democracy?

snip;

all of it here:

I don't like it......

Which states?

snip;

all of it here:

I don't like it......

another is the people should pissed they didn't get a say and these judges just RULED over them and their state. These libs wails about Democracy how is having this ruled by judges Democracy?

Very well said.

snip;

all of it here:

I don't like it......

Which states?

Looks like Texas is a candidate.

Alabama had already gone crusader before this.

It's absolutely over Abbott just doesn't realize it yet. This is like Roe v Wade, Abbott's mad and he wants to end the impact it has on his own values, but it has been decided. You are now like the splinter groups of people who make laws that make abortions difficult if not impossible. Monday morning, expect a gay group to be in Austin filing to form their own religion. How do you think Abbott will respond to that? You can spend money, petition, and lobby, but you need to overcome the 60% of the American people who already approve of gay marriage. Abbott is in the 40% and that is a very long slog ahead.

snip;

all of it here:

I don't like it......

We will see.

It is strange how the interpretation of things can look so different to different people.

The left feels like we are settling into a more "enlightened" society.

While the right feels we are slipping towards some godless black hole.

The "enlightened left" is tolerant until you disagree.

The right pines for a non-existent past and has no problem castigating people they disagree with in a way that I doubt Jesus would approve of.

Forum List

Back