🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage and ACA ruling don't matter at all

It's absolutely over Abbott just doesn't realize it yet. This is like Roe v Wade, Abbott's mad and he wants to end the impact it has on his own values, but it has been decided. You are now like the splinter groups of people who make laws that make abortions difficult if not impossible. Monday morning, expect a gay group to be in Austin filing to form their own religion. How do you think Abbott will respond to that? You can spend money, petition, and lobby, but you need to overcome the 60% of the American people who already approve of gay marriage. Abbott is in the 40% and that is a very long slog ahead.

wrong. the PEOPLE still have ways to have their say. this ISN'T about marriage. it's about these judges stepping over the people and the rights of their states

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Not very difficult guys and gals if you know how government works.

We will also take back the vote from women and reinstate prohibition

the Supremes should have kicked this back to the states and not even commented on it
so this isn't over for sure

Texas Governor speaks on it:
snip;
Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage
Friday, June 26, 2015 • Austin, Texas • Press Release
Learn more about:Governor's Initiatives »

Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement regarding the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling:

“The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire country their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court’s previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.

“Despite the Supreme Court’s rulings, Texans’ fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court’s decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.

all of it here:
Office of the Governor - Greg Abbott - Press Release Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage

This is going to get very interesting.

I don't like it......

But it feels like it won't be long before states start coming out in open rebellion against the federal government.....again.

Only this time, I hope there isn't any bloodshed.

Which states?

Looks like Texas is a candidate.

Alabama had already gone crusader before this.

Let me know when the open rebellion starts.

It's absolutely over Abbott just doesn't realize it yet. This is like Roe v Wade, Abbott's mad and he wants to end the impact it has on his own values, but it has been decided. You are now like the splinter groups of people who make laws that make abortions difficult if not impossible. Monday morning, expect a gay group to be in Austin filing to form their own religion. How do you think Abbott will respond to that? You can spend money, petition, and lobby, but you need to overcome the 60% of the American people who already approve of gay marriage. Abbott is in the 40% and that is a very long slog ahead.

wrong. the PEOPLE still have ways to have their say. this ISN'T about marriage. it's about these judges stepping over the people and the rights of their states
Umm...60% of "the people" and growing approve of gay marriage.

Youre such a fucking retard, seriously.

But you see...most who have studies Roe say that the "rights" granted by Roe have been slowly eroded by the nibbling and pecking of states over time. I've read more than one lefty who has said Roe is basically dead.

That is why I don't understand the right. They have a bigger challenge, but if gays think they are cleared.....they have a wake up call in store.

Me, I wish the whole thing would go back-page.

the Supremes should have kicked this back to the states and not even commented on it
so this isn't over for sure

Texas Governor speaks on it:
snip;
Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage
Friday, June 26, 2015 • Austin, Texas • Press Release
Learn more about:Governor's Initiatives »

Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement regarding the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling:

“The Supreme Court has abandoned its role as an impartial judicial arbiter and has become an unelected nine-member legislature. Five Justices on the Supreme Court have imposed on the entire country their personal views on an issue that the Constitution and the Court’s previous decisions reserve to the people of the States.

“Despite the Supreme Court’s rulings, Texans’ fundamental right to religious liberty remains protected. No Texan is required by the Supreme Court’s decision to act contrary to his or her religious beliefs regarding marriage.

all of it here:
Office of the Governor - Greg Abbott - Press Release Governor Abbott Statement On Supreme Court Ruling On Same-Sex Marriage

This is going to get very interesting.

I don't like it......

But it feels like it won't be long before states start coming out in open rebellion against the federal government.....again.

Only this time, I hope there isn't any bloodshed.

Which states?

Looks like Texas is a candidate.

Alabama had already gone crusader before this.

Let me know when the open rebellion starts.

Like I said...it already has. I didn't say armed rebellion. I would hope against all hope it never gets that stupid.

Alabama justices No more same-sex marriage licenses - CNN.com

Stephanie, the people have just one option, a constitutional amendment returning jurisdiction to the states. Odds of that happening in your lifetime? close to zero.

Ah, the "enlightened left".

Thanks for making my case.

I hope you don't talk to your parents that way.

Stephanie, the people have just one option, a constitutional amendment returning jurisdiction to the states. Odds of that happening in your lifetime? close to zero.

Once again....do they need to.

If gay marriage is really that big an issue...states will almost immediately begin making it tough.

Roe has been curbed in the last 30 years...in some cases pretty seriously.

There are always ways around things.

I really don't care in this case. In fact, I think they should have cage fighting between the for/against folks and sell tickets.

Shaddap old curmudgeon bigot

This is like Roe v Wade. That's been litigated since the day it was decided. In spreading places around the country, the right exists but can't be exercised.

Shaddap old curmudgeon bigot

A shining example.....

Thanks so much for helping out.

But you see...most who have studies Roe say that the "rights" granted by Roe have been slowly eroded by the nibbling and pecking of states over time. I've read more than one lefty who has said Roe is basically dead.

That is why I don't understand the right. They have a bigger challenge, but if gays think they are cleared.....they have a wake up call in store.

Me, I wish the whole thing would go back-page.

Good points and correct in many ways. Roe has been notched down, but this hasn't been the first time it has been made more difficult. The reason we are seeing it is because states have overwhelmingly Republican government which will naturally change over time. Roe is like a many headed hydra very difficult to kill and keeps popping up. As long as the Supreme Court doesn't change the essential law things will remain pretty much the same.

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.

The President can't repeal a law.

he has to sing off on it.

Actually, he doesn't. If he doesn't sign or veto, it becomes law in any case. But the bottom line is only Congress can repeal a law. And for all of the hoopla, they aren't going to do it.

Wow, you want to go to the gutter? I hardly know you.

This is like Roe v Wade. That's been litigated since the day it was decided. In spreading places around the country, the right exists but can't be exercised.

Exactly right, I don't blame people for their beliefs no matter how wrongheaded they might be. What you see with Roe will be what you see with this latest decision. A little hard to accept but it's better to have the law on your side.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

Actually, he doesn't. If he doesn't sign or veto, it becomes law in any case. But the bottom line is only Congress can repeal a law. And for all of the hoopla, they aren't going to do it.

then consider it a done deal for repeal. ;)

Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

Repealing ACA is possible, but I'll bet it won't.
Not if the two Justices' votes who were supposed to recuse themselves are overturned: A Shortcut to Nixing The Gay Marriage Decision Subtract Two Votes US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Which, of course, they weren't. As its quite impossible to demonstrate a bias against a ban that doesn't exist.

then consider it a done deal for repeal. ;)

I'll consider it a done deal when it happens. The republicans have controlled both houses for a bit now. Has it happened?

Forum List

Back