Gay marriage legal in Massachussetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Do you have a link? Bold and red doesn't make things more convincing.

Read back a ways like I do when I jump back into a thread. The "link" is above the article where I took this from.... you'd know that if you'd have read through from where you left off.

http://www.redeemedlives.org/Resources/atcls/truth2.htm

Telling the Truth About Homosexuality
by Rev. Mario Bergner

Homosexuality Is Changeable

Medically, homosexuality is changeable. Since the advent of psychology, the medical community has consistently reported successful treatment of this problem. Listed here are six of the top doctors who, as part of their psychological or psychiatric practices, have treated homosexuals and written books about changing homosexuality: Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth (1996), Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality (1991), Dr. Gerard van den Aardweg, On the Origins and Treatment of Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Reinterpretation (1986), Dr. Irving Bieber, et. al., Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Study of Male Homosexuals (1988), Dr. Ruth Tiffany Barnhouse, Homosexuality: A Symbolic Confusion (1977) and Dr. Lawrence Hatterer, Changing Homosexuality in the Male: Treatment for Men Troubled by Homosexuality (1970). In 1992 the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), (16442 Ventura Blvd. #416, Encino, CA 91436), was formed. This group exists to advance the field of treatment for homosexuality.

The most recent medical research seeking to find a biological basis for homosexuality has centered around three areas of concentration: (1) psychoendocrine research (Doner 1988; Mayer-Bahlburg 1990; Mayer-Bahlburg 1991); (2) brain structure studies (Swabb and Hofman 1988; Swabb and Hofman 1990; LeVay 1991) and (3) genetics (Bailey and Pillard 1991; Bailey and Pillard 1993; Hamer 1993). All researchers agree that even if a biological marker were found in all homosexual people, such a correlation would not imply causation. They are quick to point out that behavior is variously determined. They uphold a healthy respect for the complexity of human sexuality and the many known and unknown factors that contribute to sexual development.

Biological studies of human sexual orientation are hotly disputed within the medical community. In 1993, Dr. William Byne and Dr. Bruce Parsons published a comprehensive critique of these studies in the journal Archives of General Psychiatry. Additionally, much of the push to find a biological basis for homosexuality comes from the influence of the politically active gay community upon the medical community. For a comprehensive study on the politicalization of medical research seeking to find a biological basis of homosexuality see Satinover's book mentioned above

No conclusive evidence for a biological basis to homosexuality has been found. Most researchers state that if such evidence were found, it would merely be a predisposing factor and not a causative one. From a Christian perspective, a predisposing biological factor contributing to the possible development of homosexuality in a person correlates to the biblical view that sins dwells in the flesh (Romans 7:18). We all have a predisposing fleshly nature that motivates all our behaviors toward sin -- including our sexuality. However, the Good News is that through regeneration and the exercising of our wills in concert with God's will we need not be slaves to the sinful impulses that motivate our behaviors, sexual or otherwise.

Originally posted by nycflasher
You guys could write in blood and still wouldn't make more convincing arguments, or sound/look less foolish.

Try it.

:p:

Flasher when you have kids and they are in school you will think differently.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
http://www.redeemedlives.org/Resources/atcls/truth2.htm

Telling the Truth About Homosexuality
by Rev. Mario Bergner

Homosexuality Is Changeable

Medically, homosexuality is changeable. Since the advent of psychology, the medical community has consistently reported successful treatment of this problem. Listed here are six of the top doctors who, as part of their psychological or psychiatric practices, have treated homosexuals and written books about changing homosexuality: Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth (1996), Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality (1991), Dr. Gerard van den Aardweg, On the Origins and Treatment of Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Reinterpretation (1986), Dr. Irving Bieber, et. al., Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Study of Male Homosexuals (1988), Dr. Ruth Tiffany Barnhouse, Homosexuality: A Symbolic Confusion (1977) and Dr. Lawrence Hatterer, Changing Homosexuality in the Male: Treatment for Men Troubled by Homosexuality (1970). In 1992 the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), (16442 Ventura Blvd. #416, Encino, CA 91436), was formed. This group exists to advance the field of treatment for homosexuality.

The most recent medical research seeking to find a biological basis for homosexuality has centered around three areas of concentration: (1) psychoendocrine research (Doner 1988; Mayer-Bahlburg 1990; Mayer-Bahlburg 1991); (2) brain structure studies (Swabb and Hofman 1988; Swabb and Hofman 1990; LeVay 1991) and (3) genetics (Bailey and Pillard 1991; Bailey and Pillard 1993; Hamer 1993). All researchers agree that even if a biological marker were found in all homosexual people, such a correlation would not imply causation. They are quick to point out that behavior is variously determined. They uphold a healthy respect for the complexity of human sexuality and the many known and unknown factors that contribute to sexual development.

Biological studies of human sexual orientation are hotly disputed within the medical community. In 1993, Dr. William Byne and Dr. Bruce Parsons published a comprehensive critique of these studies in the journal Archives of General Psychiatry. Additionally, much of the push to find a biological basis for homosexuality comes from the influence of the politically active gay community upon the medical community. For a comprehensive study on the politicalization of medical research seeking to find a biological basis of homosexuality see Satinover's book mentioned above

No conclusive evidence for a biological basis to homosexuality has been found. Most researchers state that if such evidence were found, it would merely be a predisposing factor and not a causative one. From a Christian perspective, a predisposing biological factor contributing to the possible development of homosexuality in a person correlates to the biblical view that sins dwells in the flesh (Romans 7:18). We all have a predisposing fleshly nature that motivates all our behaviors toward sin -- including our sexuality. However, the Good News is that through regeneration and the exercising of our wills in concert with God's will we need not be slaves to the sinful impulses that motivate our behaviors, sexual or otherwise.

can't think for yourself, can you?

Originally posted by OCA
Flasher when you have kids and they are in school you will think differently.

About what, OCA?
I have wee little cousins and siblings(half-brothers).

At this moment there are about 371 replies to this thread, so I aint reading backwards :p:

But, I still think Mass is way wrong. My next question is "How long before someone thinks to sue for the right to polygamy (sp?)". I mean if you can be fem to fem or man to man, why cant you be fem to fem to man or vice versa. If this was asked and answered, then sorry for the rerun.

Additionally, much of the push to find a biological basis for homosexuality comes from the influence of the politically active gay community upon the medical community

No conclusive evidence for a biological basis to homosexuality has been found. Most researchers state that if such evidence were found, it would merely be a predisposing factor and not a causative one.

That says it all right there.

Originally posted by nycflasher
About what, OCA?
I have wee little cousins and siblings(half-brothers).

If they were taught from the early grades and forward that homosexuality is equal and as viable as heterosexuality would you be down with that? Don't laugh its coming, its part of their "agenda".

Originally posted by OCA
If they were taught from the early grades and forward that homosexuality is equal and as viable as heterosexuality would you be down with that? Don't laugh its coming, its part of their "agenda".

I'm not sure my child will be attending school in the U.S.
But if they did, I would hope to teach them to make wise choices for THEMSELVES based on how I raised them and common sense. That's how I was raised.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
So it doesn't hurt "you". Is that all your concerned about? So you didn't get hurt in the 9/11 attack either. Does that mean you don't care about that either.

The point is, it hurts the institution of "MARRIAGE"! That's a sacred union between a man and woman in the eyes of GOD! And queers are destroying that.

apples and oranges, you also didn't read the rest of my post obviously.

we're doing a fine enough job on our own destroying marriage, the 'queers' as you call them are not going to increase that.

Another thing, you declare that this is in the eyes of GOD, what about those that don't follow religion or do not believe in god, should they not be allowed to marry then?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

Another thing, you declare that this is in the eyes of GOD, what about those that don't follow religion or do not believe in god, should they not be allowed to marry then?

so easy to discredit some of these wankers

Dammit something just struck me! Why I didn't think of this before i'll never know.

RWA you really are against homosexuality I know. I'm guessing your support is a thinly veiled disguise so you could have another chance at a date with Aquarian. No?

Man, I can't keep up in this thread. 8 pages since this morning.

Aquarian, in response to your reply, my beliefs about morality stem directly from the Bible, as I believe in its divine inspiration. I'm sure that I could find secular arguments that discuss the morality of homosexuality, but by then this thread will have morphed into a giant lizard and started attacking a Japanese city. :)

In response to the labeling issue, it sounded to me like DK was just trying to clarify OCA's beliefs about the whole thing. All parties involved, IMO, should take a chill pill. However, I will agree with OCA's statement that just because someone is morally opposed to a particular action doesn't make him a whatever-a-phobe.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Not schooling them in the US? what's that all about?

Well, just not thrilled with our school system. Most likely, they will attend SOME school here though. Maybe I'll home school them. Got a family whose children were all home-schooled, though, and they're all wierd as hell.

Ha-ha-ha-ha.

Plus, only a certain type of parent--one who works at home or doen't have to work, for example-- can do this.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Man, I can't keep up in this thread. 8 pages since this morning.

Aquarian, in response to your reply, my beliefs about morality stem directly from the Bible, as I believe in its divine inspiration. I'm sure that I could find secular arguments that discuss the morality of homosexuality, but by then this thread will have morphed into a giant lizard and started attacking a Japanese city. :)

In response to the labeling issue, it sounded to me like DK was just trying to clarify OCA's beliefs about the whole thing. All parties involved, IMO, should take a chill pill. However, I will agree with OCA's statement that just because someone is morally opposed to a particular action doesn't make him a whatever-a-phobe.

Yeah Jeff you gotta be quick on the draw in this thread or you get left in the dust. ;)

Originally posted by gop_jeff

Jeff you always do a great job of bringing a sensible calm voice to a thread. I quite agree with your statement. If a person wants to clarify beliefs then just ask the questions. :)

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Jeff you always do a great job of bringing a sensible calm voice to a thread. I quite agree with your statement. If a person wants to clarify beliefs then just ask the questions. :)

I'm guessing that when Jeff gets some pints in him that he gets loud and crazy lol j/k:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back