🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay marriage legal in Massachussetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
Christ, can you read?? I didn't say everything posted was editorializing.

This is a message board. You editorialize on it. Just like you think that passages contained in Revelation prove the factual and moral validity of the bible. Get real man.

Originally posted by TN_Independent
Don't be too hard on him, Syntax. He also thinks that air, trees, rocks, and soil are capable of transforming a sound wave into an auditory response.

<b><i>Originally posted by NewGuy </i>
Learn your science. The instant the wave hits an object, sound is created. Air, trees, rocks, soil.</b>

Your ability to DETECT sound does not CREATE sound Einstien.

If you want to learn science and come back, I am sure the IQ around here will slow its descent.

My God. You must be breathtakingly stupid. I said, right at the beginning, that everything I said NOT. OF. A. FACTUAL. NATURE. is what I thought. THOUGHT. (not of a factual nature.) Do you understand. This is extremely simple.

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
My God. You must be breathtakingly stupid. I said, right at the beginning, that everything I said NOT. OF. A. FACTUAL. NATURE. is what I thought. THOUGHT. (not of a factual nature.) Do you understand. This is extremely simple.

-Your words, not mine.

Do you realize you are mad at your own lack of clarity?

:p:

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
People have been doing for years. catholics, protestants, orthodoxs of various regions, jews for jesus; christianity is really a religion kit. You can join my sect once I decide on everything. Or you can join newguy's; he's got it all figured out, and he's actively prostelytizing.
So you say..... not preaching to you, just amazed that you feel you can pick and choose....

As I said in an earlier post, that must make it very easy when it comes to asking for forgiveness - hell, anything you did that went against scriptures you could say was "ignorant and backward".

By the way, the Baptist church that I attend does not pick and choose. Neither have any of the other protestant churches where I've been a regular member. So, in that sense, you are wrong about protestants (at least the ones I've been associated with).

TN

Hmmmm. Good point. I'm also annoyed at your inability or unwillingness to understand what I said in spite of its lack of clarity. I could have understood the implicit meaning of that post. But Whateva, I gotta go. Job interview. No offense New Guy. YOu're one of the few intelligent people on the board. You're not really stupid. I'm just annoyed. My bad.

Originally posted by OCA
Go look at AIDS stats Chippewa then come back and talk to me.

Alright, if I'm Cheppewa you're shit for brains.
So, Shit for Brains, listen here.
If a person contracts AIDS and has sex with 20,000 people, that is irresponsible and could even be murder depending on if the person knows they have it.

So, smarty pants, don't try to say that homosexuality is dangerous... dangerous sexual practices are dangerous.

scientifically, a tree falling in the woods with no one there to hear it makes a sound as defined by science so newguy is right on that point. Philosophically, it is a thought problem same as what is the sound of one hand clapping (which bart succintly answered in a simpson's episode, but it can't be expressed on a messageboard).

So you say..... not preaching to you, just amazed that you feel you can pick and choose....

As I said in an earlier post, that must make it very easy when it comes to asking for forgiveness - hell, anything you did that went against scriptures you could say was "ignorant and backward".

By the way, the Baptist church that I attend does not pick and choose. Neither have any of the other protestant churches where I've been a regular member. So, in that sense, you are wrong about protestants (at least the ones I've been associated with).

TN

People do pick and choose. You can try to act like I'm unique in the world for such a blasphemous suggestion. History shows otherwise.

Do baptists take communion with real wine?

I was brought up anglican, We don't cotton to popery, or calvinism for that matter.
We know how to party.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Your ability to DETECT sound does not CREATE sound Einstien.

If you want to learn science and come back, I am sure the IQ around here will slow its descent.
It is sound when the brain processes the information from the auditory nerve.....

As it is moving through the air, it is a sound wave, a vibration, which is something entirely different.....

And thanks for the Einstein comment.....

:D

It is sound when the brain processes the information from the auditory nerve.....

As it is moving through the air, it is a sound wave, a vibration, which is something entirely different.....

It is DETECTED BY A HUMAN when that occurs.

It is sound in a wave form determined by frequency, hence vibration also being classified as sound and vice versa.

You are welcome. You deserve it.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Alright, if I'm Cheppewa you're shit for brains.
So, Shit for Brains, listen here.
If a person contracts AIDS and has sex with 20,000 people, that is irresponsible and could even be murder depending on if the person knows they have it.

So, smarty pants, don't try to say that homosexuality is dangerous... dangerous sexual practices are dangerous.

I'm not really defending OCA here, but you're a busted-ass, ignorant fool with no game.

actually, the dictionary definition of sound from dictionary.com:

a. Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.
b. Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.

the first definition does reference humans, but only in ascertaining the range of hertz that make a sound detectable to a human. it says capable of being detected and nothing about the necessity of the sound being detected in order to differentiate it from the soundwaves it comprises.

Originally posted by Aquarian
The bible says we are all god's children. In that light, the bible was written for an audience that was extremely childlike in terms of knowledge and advancement (assuming here that it is the exact word of god and not in any way altered by being written through the hand of man).

You're missing the point here Aquarian, which not being a Christian is probably easy to do. The point is, God "created" us. In his eye's, we ARE his children. It's a term. Just like to my parents, no matter how OLD I get, I will always be their "child".

And another thing, any entity that has the power to create the heavens and the earth, can transend time and knows not death, YOU AND I ARE CHILD LIKE TO THAT POWER.

Originally posted by nycflasher

Homosexuality IS a dangerous sexual practice.

Are you trying to be a wannabe lawyer, or do you just play one on TV?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
You're missing the point here Aquarian, which not being a Christian is probably easy to do. The point is, God "created" us. In his eye's, we ARE his children. Just like to my parents, no matter how OLD I get, I will always be their "child".

And another thing, any being that has the power to create the heavens and the earth, can transend time and knows not death, YOU AND I ARE CHILD LIKE TO THAT POWER.

no, i get the point. I just don't believe it. tho maybe I just don't believe it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back