Gay Pride Flag vs. Confederate Flag

SSM is legal, there is no reason to continue pushing the agenda....

Exactly.
There is nothing left to push.
Acceptance of gays and alternative lifestyles is 1,000 times better than just 10 years ago.
Millennials openly accept homosexuals, my generation certainly did not.
But as usual, the progressive branch of liberals push their agendas to the point of downright insanity.

Is there a comparison?
Are the folks in Auburn AL justified in petitioning to have this removed? Thoughts?

Alabama high school petition compares pride flag to Confederate flag

One flag advertises hate, and one advertises love. It is really that simple!
That's just opinion. People can be offended by both

Here's another opinion:

The Stars and Bars rejects the promise of America:

"
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness",

and the Gay Pride Flag represents its promise.
The gay pride flag represents aids, syphilis, and ass odor.

But one ideology is offensive. The other promotes diversity and equality. People who have a problem with that should take a good look at themselves and their values.

The presence of the flag is not necessary to promote learning and understanding but it may aid the teacher in getting across the information.

The rainbow flag is now a universal symbol and is mainstream. It is great that educators are helping to turn the tide of ignorance and poison.

Jesus guy, what is it you can't get in your brain that pushing LGBT in the class room IS OFFENSIVE to a large part of society. I already said to you that you are unable to get beyond what YOU believe is right and wrong and just assume you are right and everyone who doesn't agree just needs to.
It doesn't work that way.
There are people who believe in God. And they also believe that the bible is the rule and guide of their faith, and that bible is crystal clear on homosexuality, therefore a flag representing homosexuality in the classrooms of those people are absolutely going to offend them.
It's not pushing it's educating. Are you saying school should not teach sex education?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Got it - your a typical narcissistic leftist who thinks everyone should forget their religious beliefs and stop believing in God.
People can believe in any shit they want. But they shouldnt weaponize those beliefs to oppress minorities. If you cant see the benefits to a community in teaching about different ways of living then you are beyond redemption.

You do realise that these kids cant catch "Gay" dont you ? The worst than can happen is they gain an understanding and become better citizens for that. Maybe they could educate their backward bigot parents ?

They can't catch gay. They can be berated, threatened and persecuted into accepting gay sex.

It doesn't make them better citizens it makes them perverts.

But one ideology is offensive. The other promotes diversity and equality. People who have a problem with that should take a good look at themselves and their values.

The presence of the flag is not necessary to promote learning and understanding but it may aid the teacher in getting across the information.

The rainbow flag is now a universal symbol and is mainstream. It is great that educators are helping to turn the tide of ignorance and poison.

Jesus guy, what is it you can't get in your brain that pushing LGBT in the class room IS OFFENSIVE to a large part of society. I already said to you that you are unable to get beyond what YOU believe is right and wrong and just assume you are right and everyone who doesn't agree just needs to.
There are people who believe in God. And they also believe that the bible is the rule and guide of their faith, and that bible is crystal clear on homosexuality, therefore a flag representing homosexuality in the classrooms of those people are absolutely going to offend them.
It's not pushing it's educating. Are you saying school should not teach sex education?

Got it - your a typical narcissistic leftist who thinks everyone should forget their religious beliefs and stop believing in God.
People can believe in any shit they want. But they shouldnt weaponize those beliefs to oppress minorities. If you cant see the benefits to a community in teaching about different ways of living then you are beyond redemption.

You do realise that these kids cant catch "Gay" dont you ? The worst than can happen is they gain an understanding and become better citizens for that. Maybe they could educate their backward bigot parents ?

And again you prove your intolerance.
Religious people are backward bigots.
People who push uneeded agendas down the throats of even pre-school children are "better citizens".
Holy cow.

The two flags are completely opposite.
I think you will see a lot of this nonsense over the next few months.

In your view.
To a person who has religious beliefs, a flag that represents sin to them flying in their childrens school room would certainly be offensive. And the government has absolutely no business pushing social agendas in the class room.
So in that since, it IS the same thing. They both offend people.

Fly them on your vehicles ALWAYS below the US flag, ALWAYS.

People who push uneeded agendas down the throats of even pre-school children are "better citizens".
Holy cow.

Most Christians are accepting. Certainly the ones I meet. But there are fundie bigots who use religion as a cloak to cover up their axe grinding.

The comments on this thread illustrate how important education is. Backward bigots hating on the gay guy. We need to ensure that this is the last generation with this perversion. And then the world will be a better place.

Is there a comparison?
Are the folks in Auburn AL justified in petitioning to have this removed? Thoughts?

Alabama high school petition compares pride flag to Confederate flag

Personally I think that any local community can decide what 'flags' to fly on public grounds.

But there is no comparison- the Confederate Flag is now a symbol of the failed attempt to rebel against the United States.

The gay pride flag doesn't represent any rebellion except against boredom.

No more respect, no more politely ignoring, no more tolerance from either side and the whole fucking shebang will be whitewashed and boring lest anyone be offended. Like darkness saps the color from a beautiful painting, these idiots place binders on the vibrant melting pot culture of America.

Because of course the Right has been so 'tolerant' towards homosexuals in the last 100 years.

If it was not for the courts- homosexuality would still be illegal in many states- no that is intollerance.

Holy cow.

Most Christians are accepting. Certainly the ones I meet. But there are fundie bigots who use religion as a cloak to cover up their axe grinding.

The comments on this thread illustrate how important education is. Backward bigots hating on the gay guy. We need to ensure that this is the last generation with this perversion. And then the world will be a better place.

And again you show your intolerance, as well as the usual progressive habit of calling anyone and everyone who disagrees with you haters.
Typical.
Of course most Christians are accepting, if they aren't they are hardly Christian. After all Christ himself befriended and defended a known prostitute. And God chose a man whose career was murdering Christians to lead Christians.
Acceptance has to be a hallmark of Christianity. That doesn't mean they partake, or engage in propagating sin.
There is a monumental difference between persecuting a homosexual than wanting your children to have homosexuality taught as normal and equal to heterosexuality. That is categorically against their religion.

No more respect, no more politely ignoring, no more tolerance from either side and the whole fucking shebang will be whitewashed and boring lest anyone be offended. Like darkness saps the color from a beautiful painting, these idiots place binders on the vibrant melting pot culture of America.

Because of course the Right has been so 'tolerant' towards homosexuals in the last 100 years.

If it was not for the courts- homosexuality would still be illegal in many states- no that is intollerance.

And the left shows they are just as intolerant of different beliefs despite decades of demanding tolerance, the moment they get pissy about something; the confederate flag, statues, President Trump winning the election, free speech they don't like, they show their true colors - intolerance, stupidity, and violence.

There is no comparison. One flag celebrates diversity and inclusion. The other is representative of slave states.
The flag is also promoting a school club that promotes diversity. This is a good thing. If I had Gay kids I would be really pleased that the school is looking out for their welfare.
"diversity and inclusion." ? You're Joking Right ? The Fag Flag Celebrates a surrender to
1. Sexual Degeneracy
2. Intimidation
3. Mental Illness
4. Disease
5. Brainwashing

Let me ask you pal - are you a faggot or a useful idiot

Fuck off

Listen penis breath, you're a CNN -worshipping cum guzzler that's so far out of his depth you need a snorkel to keep from drowning in your ignorance. Seriously if ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy queer.

Holy cow.

And again you show your intolerance, as well as the usual progressive habit of calling anyone and everyone who disagrees with you haters.
Typical.
Of course most Christians are accepting, if they aren't they are hardly Christian. After all Christ himself befriended and defended a known prostitute. And God chose a man whose career was murdering Christians to lead Christians.
Acceptance has to be a hallmark of Christianity. That doesn't mean they partake, or engage in propagating sin.
There is a monumental difference between persecuting a homosexual than wanting your children to have homosexuality taught as normal and equal to heterosexuality. That is categorically against their religion.

These are quotes of this thread,which by and large has been reasonably on topic. Now tell me that everything is just peachy.

The feelings of the LBGT are more important than the feelings of people who seek to focus on something other than their genitals.

Rectum reaming being one

If you had gay kids, you should be explaining to them how abnormal that is.

No parent actually wants their child to be gay.

The Fag Flag Celebrates a surrender to
1. Sexual Degeneracy
2. Intimidation
3. Mental Illness
4. Disease
5. Brainwashing

Let me ask you pal - are you a faggot or a useful idiot

Queers have the same rights that sane people have, they DO NOT have the right to bully, intimidate, harass others into submission and acceptance of their degeneracy. They DO NOT have the right to promote their disease among societies young as an 'alternative lifestyle' and they most certainly DO NOT have the right to promote it in public schools

the flag of butt sex and amputating organs to play-act "the other gender" which offends many people, has also to come down.

God did not create buttholes for the amusement of limp twisted liberal men.

You mean one symbolizes history and the other advertises butt sex. It's that simple.

Rational people say your version of "diversity" is a cancer that must be wiped out.

They represent the various sexual fetshies enjoyed by the gay community. Each color is assigned to one of the various sexual fetishes practiced by the gay community.

your "diversity" is repulsive to tens of millions of Americans. Many tens of millions

Their social construct has nothing to do with reality......and never will.( well unless 95%+ of the population suddenly goes homo

The gay pride flag represents aids, syphilis, and ass odor.

They can't catch gay. They can be berated, threatened and persecuted into accepting gay sex.

It doesn't make them better citizens it makes them perverts.

Listen penis breath, you're a CNN -worshipping cum guzzler that's so far out of his depth you need a snorkel to keep from drowning in your ignorance. Seriously if ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy queer.

And from that vitriol you still cannot seem to get it into your head that the rainbow flag offends some folks? You're quite slow...

And from that vitriol you still cannot seem to get it into your head that the rainbow flag offends some folks? You're quite slow...
My guess is, the flag doesn't offend kids. It offends their Far Right Nazi parents.

So you're saying it's okay to have a confederate flag in schools because it's just the parents who are offended? You sure you want to play that angle?

My guess is, the flag doesn't offend kids. It offends their Far Right Nazi parents.

So you're saying it's okay to have a confederate flag in schools because it's just the parents who are offended? You sure you want to play that angle?
^^ Too dense to comprehend.

^^ Too dense to comprehend.

^^ Doesn't want to play by his own rules.

Forum List

Back