🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay Rights Gestapo Targets Small Christian College: Any Liberals Here Find This Troubling?

You have lost already JoeB.

In a few months, the Supreme Court is going to strike down all the gay marriage laws.

Sexual Orientation will become a protected class like race and gender, and we will all be better off for it.
None of those things will happen. Stay the fuck in the closet, Joe.

Now you are just babbling, Rabbid.
Two sentences is babbling? I dont think the word means what you think it means.
Anyway, as to the OP, we see here the Left doesnt give two shits about anyone's rights but their own. Any notions of fairness, fairplay, or ethics went out the window with Bill Clinton. Now it's all about imposing values at any cost.

No, I dont remember when the gOP spent money to prove Clinton lied about a blow job. I do remember when the GOP showed Clinton committed perjury, sexually harassed an employee, and probably took money from China and they rightly impeached him for it. Dont you?
You've never known anyone who was fired for coming out. You lie constantly.

Okay, where was the count of impeachment about taking money from China?

Oh, that's right, there wasn't one. Rabbid Lie #1.

Also, where was it in Starr's mandate to investigate either perjury or sexual harrassment?

Oh, that's right. He was supposed to be investigating a land deal. Rabbid Lie #2.

Yes, I did know a young lady who was gay, and after she brought her partner as a date to a holiday party, she was let go two week later.

So seriously, fuck these Christian assholes. No, seriously, fuck them. They want to be a bunch of bigots, we should make their lives miserable until the knock it the fuck off.

Anyway, as to the OP, we see here the Left doesnt give two shits about anyone's rights but their own. Any notions of fairness, fairplay, or ethics went out the window with Bill Clinton. Now it's all about imposing values at any cost.

Boy, you're going to go nuts when Hillary becomes the Next President.

I'm sorry, there really isn't a "right" to government grants to your Snake-handling college. You want to be a bunch of religious nutters, do it on your own dime.

No, I dont remember when the gOP spent money to prove Clinton lied about a blow job. I do remember when the GOP showed Clinton committed perjury, sexually harassed an employee, and probably took money from China and they rightly impeached him for it. Dont you?
You've never known anyone who was fired for coming out. You lie constantly.

Okay, where was the count of impeachment about taking money from China?

Oh, that's right, there wasn't one. Rabbid Lie #1.

Also, where was it in Starr's mandate to investigate either perjury or sexual harrassment?

Oh, that's right. He was supposed to be investigating a land deal. Rabbid Lie #2.

Yes, I did know a young lady who was gay, and after she brought her partner as a date to a holiday party, she was let go two week later.

So seriously, fuck these Christian assholes. No, seriously, fuck them. They want to be a bunch of bigots, we should make their lives miserable until the knock it the fuck off.
Note the word "probably" in my post.
Strike 1
Attorney General Reno approved Starr's investigations.
Strike 2
You have no idea why the girl was fired. She might have been as much a screw off as you were.
Strike 3
Joe is out, down for the count.

Boy, you're going to go nuts when Hillary becomes the Next President.

I'm sorry, there really isn't a "right" to government grants to your Snake-handling college. You want to be a bunch of religious nutters, do it on your own dime.
LOL! Hillary wont even be the nominee. Dems can't stand her.
You never read the OP.

Note the word "probably" in my post.
Strike 1
Attorney General Reno approved Starr's investigations.
Strike 2
You have no idea why the girl was fired. She might have been as much a screw off as you were.
Strike 3
Joe is out, down for the count.

Uh, no, guy, you said that Chinese money was grounds for impeachment. It wasn't even discussed during impeachment.
Strike one.

Reno did not approve Starr's investigation into Lewinsky until AFTER Starr got Linda Tripp to start recording conversations (illegally).
Strike 2.

I know exactly why my friend was fired. Two weeks after she brought her friend to the party, they said that her position was "unnecessary'. Then they filled it with someone else.
Strike 3.

Must suck to be you.

LOL! Hillary wont even be the nominee. Dems can't stand her.
You never read the OP.

I did. I just found it to be bullshit.

You discriminate, you lose funding. Easy-peasy.

Soon it'll be you homophobes hiding in the closets.

No, we won't be hiding. Not going to happen. You might have to jail us. Or even shoot us. But we're not going to be hiding. Sorry.

No, we won't be hiding. Not going to happen. You might have to jail us. Or even shoot us. But we're not going to be hiding. Sorry.

Tell you what Andy. Go into your place of work tomorrow and start ranting about faggots and dykes.
See how fast you will be cleaning out your desk.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

You are free to believe in whatever imaginary sky pixies you want to.

It's when you try to make policies based on what the voices in your head say that we are going to have a problem with you.

Clearly, you do care what others do. You guys fought for most of the last decade to keep gays from getting married. Now that you've lost that argument- decisively - you are going to your last fallback position of "Well, you can't make me bake a cake!"

Well. Yes. We can.

troubling is the RW's insane need to post about gays ...

Given how often the LW post about it....

Honestly, if they'd leave our faith alone, I likely wouldn't ever talk about it.

If you guys would keep your backward ass superstitions to yourselves, I'd be happy to leave you alone.

At least until we've advanced education enough where people don't believe in Sky Pixies anymore.

Honestly, if they'd leave our faith alone, I likely wouldn't ever talk about it.
I think you should take a look at the amount of gay-themed threads started here and the % of them started by RWrs as opposed by those started by LWrs.....before you make such a comment. Just sayin" :eusa_whistle:

I ask again:

Why would a gay student would want to attend a private evangelical Christian college to begin with?

And, should Gordon College also be forced to enroll open swingers as students or face losing its accreditation? After all, if its policy of no sex outside traditional marriage somehow "discriminates" against gays (even though no one is forcing gays to attend the college), surely it also "discriminates" against swingers and serial adulterers. Or is it only gays who get to use the force of law to compel others to cater to their desires?

Same reason a suicide bomber wants to be around infidels he hates.

If you guys would keep your backward ass superstitions to yourselves, I'd be happy to leave you alone.

At least until we've advanced education enough where people don't believe in Sky Pixies anymore.
You belioeve in Almighty Washington instead.
You're the biggest bigot on this board, Joe.

i'm troubled that we still have colleges dedicated to an imaginary zombie nailed to a stick.

Beyond that, no, I don't care that much. I don't think religion should be used as an excuse for discrimination. This college lost it's argument when it hired or enrolled people not of their faith for the money.
You're troubled with religious freedom?
Why am I not surprised.....MOve Iran..Or China....Two places absent of religious freedom..
All you have in your incredibly empty life is hate...
How you get through the day with that eating at your insides is a mystery.

In a move that even gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan finds unacceptable, for the last several months the gay rights gestapo has been targeting Gordon College, a small evangelical Christian college in Massachusetts. They have not only caused the college to lose contracts and student-teaching placements but have now, in the last couple months, succeeded in forcing the college to choose between losing its accreditation or allowing openly same-sex-married gays to attend the college. Impossible in America? Nope, not anymore. Here's what gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan says about this:

Do I agree with them? Not at all. Did I agree with the Boy Scouts with their previous ban on gay kids? No. But one principle of liberalism is that you can profoundly disagree with someone while accepting their right to do as they see fit according to their conscience. Yes, marriage is barred by the college for gay kids, while heterosexual marriage (and thereby sex) is allowed. That is, in a very limited way, a double standard of sorts – if with respect to college kids, an uncommon one. But is my reader really arguing that an orthodox Christian college should therefore have to repudiate its own religious doctrines or not get accreditation? That simply shreds any concept of religious liberty. ( In Defense Of Gordon College Ctd The Dish )​

Do any liberals here agree with Sullivan? Is not the attack on Gordon College taking "gay rights" way, way too far?

What prompted this patently un-American, bigoted, and unconstitutional development? The trouble started in July of last year Gordon College president Michael Lindsay, along with many other Christian leaders, signed a letter to President Obama asking for a religious exemption to a then-pending executive order banning "discrimination" based on "sexual orientation" in companies with federal contracts or that receive federal funds, an exemption that even Elizabeth Warren supported.

David French writing on this issue in National Review:

Unable to punish President Lindsay personally, activists targeted Gordon, discovering that — lo and behold — it had a policy (like virtually every orthodox Christian school and church in the United States) that required students and employees to limit sexual activity to marriage, defining marriage within the Judeo-Christian tradition, as the union of one man and one woman. Never mind that the policy allows any person of any sexual orientation to attend Gordon, teach at Gordon, or serve in its administration. The fact that its Life and Conduct Policy prohibits “sexual relations outside marriage” and “homosexual practice” (explained as “sexual intercourse”) was enough to take action, to declare it bigoted and not fit for inclusion in society.​

The response was swift.​

In an act of pure moral grandstanding, in July — just eight days after President Lindsay signed the letter to President Obama — the city of Salem suspended a long-term contract with Gordon that had allowed the college to use the city-owned Old Town Hall — a spiteful act, but one of little consequence to the college.​

But then the spite became harmful. In late August, the Lynn School Committee — a nearby school district — ended an eleven-year relationship with the school and refused to accept Gordon College students as student-teachers in its system. This action — in addition to being destructive (teaching programs can’t function without student-teacher placements) — is grotesquely unconstitutional, violating students’ rights of free association, free speech, and religious liberty by punishing them for merely attending Gordon College, even without evidence the students themselves have engaged in any “discriminatory” acts or even agree with Gordon’s policy (there are dissenters who attend the school).​

Then, in September, Gordon’s accreditor, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, announced that it had met to consider whether “Gordon College’s traditional inclusion of ‘homosexual practice’ as a forbidden activity” violated the association’s standards for accreditation. The Association gave Gordon one year “to ensure that the College’s policies and procedures are non-discriminatory.” The implication was clear: You have one year to choose between your conscience and your accreditation. (The Persecution of Gordon College)
Naturally, this raises the pregnant question of why an openly gay person would try to attend a private evangelical/Bible-believing college in the first place. To target the college so that the gay rights bullies could then file lawsuits against the college? It's sort of like the rash of gay couples looking for Christian bakeries, florists, and photographers to service their weddings. What an amazing coincidence.

Anyway, if this latest outrage by the gay rights gestapo succeeds, then every private religious college in the country could be forced to allow openly same-sex-married gays to attend--and presumably to live in the dorms as husband and husband and wife and wife. They could also be forced to hire gay faculty members against their will.

The Persecution of Gordon College

Gay Rights vs. Religious Liberty Again The American Conservative

It's the cost of bigotry. Get used to it.
Conform( to the far left agenda) or die. Is that about right?

Tell you what Andy. Go into your place of work tomorrow and start ranting about faggots and dykes.
See how fast you will be cleaning out your desk.

What religion is it that says you can't do business with a gay person?

Forum List

Back