🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay Rights Gestapo Targets Small Christian College: Any Liberals Here Find This Troubling?

In a move that even gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan finds unacceptable, for the last several months the gay rights gestapo has been targeting Gordon College, a small evangelical Christian college in Massachusetts. They have not only caused the college to lose contracts and student-teaching placements but have now, in the last couple months, succeeded in forcing the college to choose between losing its accreditation or allowing openly same-sex-married gays to attend the college. Impossible in America? Nope, not anymore. Here's what gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan says about this:

Do I agree with them? Not at all. Did I agree with the Boy Scouts with their previous ban on gay kids? No. But one principle of liberalism is that you can profoundly disagree with someone while accepting their right to do as they see fit according to their conscience. Yes, marriage is barred by the college for gay kids, while heterosexual marriage (and thereby sex) is allowed. That is, in a very limited way, a double standard of sorts – if with respect to college kids, an uncommon one. But is my reader really arguing that an orthodox Christian college should therefore have to repudiate its own religious doctrines or not get accreditation? That simply shreds any concept of religious liberty. ( In Defense Of Gordon College Ctd The Dish )​

Do any liberals here agree with Sullivan? Is not the attack on Gordon College taking "gay rights" way, way too far?

What prompted this patently un-American, bigoted, and unconstitutional development? The trouble started in July of last year Gordon College president Michael Lindsay, along with many other Christian leaders, signed a letter to President Obama asking for a religious exemption to a then-pending executive order banning "discrimination" based on "sexual orientation" in companies with federal contracts or that receive federal funds, an exemption that even Elizabeth Warren supported.

David French writing on this issue in National Review:

Unable to punish President Lindsay personally, activists targeted Gordon, discovering that — lo and behold — it had a policy (like virtually every orthodox Christian school and church in the United States) that required students and employees to limit sexual activity to marriage, defining marriage within the Judeo-Christian tradition, as the union of one man and one woman. Never mind that the policy allows any person of any sexual orientation to attend Gordon, teach at Gordon, or serve in its administration. The fact that its Life and Conduct Policy prohibits “sexual relations outside marriage” and “homosexual practice” (explained as “sexual intercourse”) was enough to take action, to declare it bigoted and not fit for inclusion in society.​

The response was swift.​

In an act of pure moral grandstanding, in July — just eight days after President Lindsay signed the letter to President Obama — the city of Salem suspended a long-term contract with Gordon that had allowed the college to use the city-owned Old Town Hall — a spiteful act, but one of little consequence to the college.​

But then the spite became harmful. In late August, the Lynn School Committee — a nearby school district — ended an eleven-year relationship with the school and refused to accept Gordon College students as student-teachers in its system. This action — in addition to being destructive (teaching programs can’t function without student-teacher placements) — is grotesquely unconstitutional, violating students’ rights of free association, free speech, and religious liberty by punishing them for merely attending Gordon College, even without evidence the students themselves have engaged in any “discriminatory” acts or even agree with Gordon’s policy (there are dissenters who attend the school).​

Then, in September, Gordon’s accreditor, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, announced that it had met to consider whether “Gordon College’s traditional inclusion of ‘homosexual practice’ as a forbidden activity” violated the association’s standards for accreditation. The Association gave Gordon one year “to ensure that the College’s policies and procedures are non-discriminatory.” The implication was clear: You have one year to choose between your conscience and your accreditation. (The Persecution of Gordon College)
Naturally, this raises the pregnant question of why an openly gay person would try to attend a private evangelical/Bible-believing college in the first place. To target the college so that the gay rights bullies could then file lawsuits against the college? It's sort of like the rash of gay couples looking for Christian bakeries, florists, and photographers to service their weddings. What an amazing coincidence.

Anyway, if this latest outrage by the gay rights gestapo succeeds, then every private religious college in the country could be forced to allow openly same-sex-married gays to attend--and presumably to live in the dorms as husband and husband and wife and wife. They could also be forced to hire gay faculty members against their will.

The Persecution of Gordon College

Gay Rights vs. Religious Liberty Again The American Conservative

It's the cost of bigotry. Get used to it.
Conform( to the far left agenda) or die. Is that about right?

Are you officially retarded?

No, we won't be hiding. Not going to happen. You might have to jail us. Or even shoot us. But we're not going to be hiding. Sorry.

Tell you what Andy. Go into your place of work tomorrow and start ranting about faggots and dykes.
See how fast you will be cleaning out your desk.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

What religion is it that says you can't do business with a gay person?
Who is saying you can't do business with a gay person?

In a move that even gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan finds unacceptable, for the last several months the gay rights gestapo has been targeting Gordon College, a small evangelical Christian college in Massachusetts. They have not only caused the college to lose contracts and student-teaching placements but have now, in the last couple months, succeeded in forcing the college to choose between losing its accreditation or allowing openly same-sex-married gays to attend the college. Impossible in America? Nope, not anymore. Here's what gay rights advocate Andrew Sullivan says about this:

Do I agree with them? Not at all. Did I agree with the Boy Scouts with their previous ban on gay kids? No. But one principle of liberalism is that you can profoundly disagree with someone while accepting their right to do as they see fit according to their conscience. Yes, marriage is barred by the college for gay kids, while heterosexual marriage (and thereby sex) is allowed. That is, in a very limited way, a double standard of sorts – if with respect to college kids, an uncommon one. But is my reader really arguing that an orthodox Christian college should therefore have to repudiate its own religious doctrines or not get accreditation? That simply shreds any concept of religious liberty. ( In Defense Of Gordon College Ctd The Dish )​

Do any liberals here agree with Sullivan? Is not the attack on Gordon College taking "gay rights" way, way too far?

What prompted this patently un-American, bigoted, and unconstitutional development? The trouble started in July of last year Gordon College president Michael Lindsay, along with many other Christian leaders, signed a letter to President Obama asking for a religious exemption to a then-pending executive order banning "discrimination" based on "sexual orientation" in companies with federal contracts or that receive federal funds, an exemption that even Elizabeth Warren supported.

Unable to punish President Lindsay personally, activists targeted Gordon, discovering that — lo and behold — it had a policy (like virtually every orthodox Christian school and church in the United States) that required students and employees to limit sexual activity to marriage, defining marriage within the Judeo-Christian tradition, as the union of one man and one woman. Never mind that the policy allows any person of any sexual orientation to attend Gordon, teach at Gordon, or serve in its administration. The fact that its Life and Conduct Policy prohibits “sexual relations outside marriage” and “homosexual practice” (explained as “sexual intercourse”) was enough to take action, to declare it bigoted and not fit for inclusion in society.​

The response was swift.​

In an act of pure moral grandstanding, in July — just eight days after President Lindsay signed the letter to President Obama — the city of Salem suspended a long-term contract with Gordon that had allowed the college to use the city-owned Old Town Hall — a spiteful act, but one of little consequence to the college.​

But then the spite became harmful. In late August, the Lynn School Committee — a nearby school district — ended an eleven-year relationship with the school and refused to accept Gordon College students as student-teachers in its system. This action — in addition to being destructive (teaching programs can’t function without student-teacher placements) — is grotesquely unconstitutional, violating students’ rights of free association, free speech, and religious liberty by punishing them for merely attending Gordon College, even without evidence the students themselves have engaged in any “discriminatory” acts or even agree with Gordon’s policy (there are dissenters who attend the school).​

Then, in September, Gordon’s accreditor, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, announced that it had met to consider whether “Gordon College’s traditional inclusion of ‘homosexual practice’ as a forbidden activity” violated the association’s standards for accreditation. The Association gave Gordon one year “to ensure that the College’s policies and procedures are non-discriminatory.” The implication was clear: You have one year to choose between your conscience and your accreditation. (The Persecution of Gordon College)
Naturally, this raises the pregnant question of why an openly gay person would try to attend a private evangelical/Bible-believing college in the first place. To target the college so that the gay rights bullies could then file lawsuits against the college? It's sort of like the rash of gay couples looking for Christian bakeries, florists, and photographers to service their weddings. What an amazing coincidence.

Anyway, if this latest outrage by the gay rights gestapo succeeds, then every private religious college in the country could be forced to allow openly same-sex-married gays to attend--and presumably to live in the dorms as husband and husband and wife and wife. They could also be forced to hire gay faculty members against their will.

Why? You think you're the only one?

All part of trying to appear "normal" and mainstream. Sick bastids, homos are mental

This post above is a perfect example of why the bigots need to be beaten into submission by every legal means available.
And your bigotry towards those with whom you disagree?
What you libs conveniently forget is everyone has a right to their point of view.
You are the people you hate.

No, we won't be hiding. Not going to happen. You might have to jail us. Or even shoot us. But we're not going to be hiding. Sorry.

Tell you what Andy. Go into your place of work tomorrow and start ranting about faggots and dykes.

Why would I do that? Do you think that because I have faith that says I can not be a part of homosexual weddings, that means I care at all what others do?

You are incorrect. And by the way.... if I do lose my job because of my faith... Gladly. I'll find another. But I will not turn away from G-d.

I'm asking you. Where are the scriptural prohibitions on doing business with gays?

The response was swift.​

Why? You think you're the only one?

Quote me ever saying that those who discriminate against gays should be killed.

All part of trying to appear "normal" and mainstream. Sick bastids, homos are mental

This post above is a perfect example of why the bigots need to be beaten into submission by every legal means available.
And your bigotry towards those with whom you disagree?
What you libs conveniently forget is everyone has a right to their point of view.
You are the people you hate.

Disagreeing with bigots is not bigotry.

I'm asking you. Where are the scriptural prohibitions on doing business with gays?
Right next to the ones that say government has to feed the poor.
Afraid to answer my question?

You're troubled with religious freedom?
Why am I not surprised.....MOve Iran..Or China....Two places absent of religious freedom..
All you have in your incredibly empty life is hate...
How you get through the day with that eating at your insides is a mystery.

Spoony, Religion has brought us wars, crusades, jihads, burning of witches, torture of heretics, suppression of science...

Religion has never done anything good, not once, not even by accident.

I believe in freedom FROM Religion...

Why am I not surprised.....MOve Iran..Or China....Two places absent of religious freedom..

Spoony, Religion has brought us wars, crusades, jihads, burning of witches, torture of heretics, suppression of science...

Too bad for you it's freedom OF religion. You'd be wise to remember that, you and the rest of your idiot libturd friends

Too bad for you it's freedom OF religion. You'd be wise to remember that, you and the rest of your idiot libturd friends
lol that's what Mike Pence thought.

actually, it's both. Read the first Amendment. Government shall make no law establishing religion or blocking it's practice.

So frankly, I as a customer should not be infringed by your backwards ass bronze age superstitions when I do business with you.

actually, it's both. Read the first Amendment. Government shall make no law establishing religion or blocking it's practice.

So frankly, I as a customer should not be infringed by your backwards ass bronze age superstitions when I do business with you.

No it' not. Take your BS and scram ya dumb downed libturd. You may very well be the dumbest loon on this board besides that rdean freak

No it' not. Take your BS and scram ya dumb downed libturd. You may very well be the dumbest loon on this board besides that rdean freak

Uh, yeah, actually it is. It's why you can't fire me as an employee because I don't belong to y our whacky cult.

You dont' want to serve gays, don't be in businesses they patronize. Easy-Peasy.

I'd find another way to fire you, my husband does it all the time. Now what are you going to do about it, pee wee? See that's you gay's problem, you consider yourself clever, but we're much more clever. Where there is a will there is a way

Your powers of logic suck. Actually they're non existent.

I'd find another way to fire you, my husband does it all the time. Now what are you going to do about it, pee wee? See that's you gay's problem, you consider yourself clever, but we're much more clever. Where there is a will there is a way

First, I'm straight. Sorry.

Second, you guys aren't that clever. I've watched more than one former employer get buried and danced on their graves.

Third, you bigots usually out yourselves.

First, I'm straight. Sorry.

Second, you guys aren't that clever. I've watched more than one former employer get buried and danced on their graves.

Third, you bigots usually out yourselves.
You're sorry for being straight? We know.
You're the one bitching about getting canned by your employer all the time. Your boss has probably forgotten your name by now.

Forum List

Back