🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GDP grows to 2.6% in second quarter of Trump

So, after two quarters as President, the Trump economy has an average GDP of 1.9%

Hardly inspiring so far

A little over six months in office and you are expecting what?

Just be happy the economy did not crash as of yet!
I expected better performance than Obama

Trump has failed to deliver

We're all going to lose a lot of sleep knowing Trump hasn't secured your vote in 2020 yet.
Trump has a lot of explaining to do in 2020

Failed to repeal Obamacare
Minimal wall construction
No, Mexico did not pay
No jobs returning from Jina
No tax reform
No balanced budget

Why did you elect him again?

Last edited:
I asked you a serious question. It is a serious answer to your question, if you would just answer it.

DId you take him seriously when he called 2.6 % a disaster?
Absolutely

Why would he lie to the American people?

You just lied.

It is not credible that you did not note that he is regular user of hyperbole.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you know that you are in the wrong. Yet you actively choose to be wrong, and to argue for positions that you do not believe in.

Trump's comments on 2.6% and 4% was a hyperbolic statement of intent to be more aggressive in economic policy, aiming for higher rates of growth.

This is the standard to hold him to, if he makes a good faith effort to do that, and what results he gets.

DO you think that judging him on those standards will work for you?

Because you are acting like you don't believe that.
No, not hyperbole....outright lying

Trump said Obama having GDPs in the 2.5 to 3 range was a disaster

Nope. What you are doing is outright lying.

Trump was being Trump, a loud and hyperbolic New Yorker.

EVERYONE listening, knew that 2.6 per cent growth is not a disaster.

He was making a statement of intent to aggressively pursue much higher rates of growth.

YOu, however, are being a liar, by pretending to take him literally, when you know that he was not being literal.

That you feel you have to play such dishonest games in order to score a point against him, indicates that you think that his intended policies of higher economic growth are real possibilities.

Otherwise, you would be happy to grant my obvious point and then judge Trump on that.

YOu are running scared. From the Truth.
Trump has a degree in economics from Wharton
He claims that makes him a really smart guy

If a smart guy like Trump says 2.6 percent is a disaster and he can deliver 4 percent or higher he should be taken seriously. I mean Wharton economics grad and all

So he is either lying about his economic numbers or he is lying about his Wharton education

You have a choice between taking Trump seriously and judging him on his policies and position and accomplishments, or lack there of,

or taking Trump literally, and playing silly gotcha games.

I can see why you would want to avoid serious and honest debate.

You are confident that Trump is going to achieve a reasonable level of success, ie better economic growth, and you want to avoid that discuss at all costs.

At least that is what your actions demonstrate.

WASHINGTON/LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. coal exports have jumped more than 60 percent this year due to soaring demand from Europe and Asia, according to a Reuters review of government data, allowing President Donald Trump's administration to claim that efforts to revive the battered industry are working. U.S. coal exports soar, in boost to Trump energy agenda, data shows

Mmm, now that is interesting.

Remember just a few weeks ago, when the dem party line was that Coal was dead?

How many of them are admitting surprise and learning from this? Or apologizing to the republicans they viciously ridiculed for thinking there was any jobs to be found in coal?

Liberals just say shit, it don't mean nothing. NOt to them, and thus, not to us.

Did you take him seriously when he called 2.6% a disaster?

Did you believe him when he promised 4% growth

Is there anything he does not lie about?

I asked you a serious question. It is a serious answer to your question, if you would just answer it.

Absolutely

You just lied.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you know that you are in the wrong. Yet you actively choose to be wrong, and to argue for positions that you do not believe in.

Trump's comments on 2.6% and 4% was a hyperbolic statement of intent to be more aggressive in economic policy, aiming for higher rates of growth.

This is the standard to hold him to, if he makes a good faith effort to do that, and what results he gets.

Typical brain-dead trumptard sycophancy. :suck:

If Trump does what he said he would do, he's keeping his campaign promises.

If he doesn't do what he said he would do, he didn't really mean it anyway.

No wonder rightwing cultist boobs love him -- to them, he can do no wrong.

Did you take him seriously when he called 2.6% a disaster?

Absolutely

You just lied.

You can't give him a pass just because he's a loud New Yorker. If he doesn't achieve 4% growth, then he hasn't achieved what he said he would. You can't lower the bar for him just because he's Trump. Would you have lowered it if Clinton was elected and said the same thing?

You've got to give him time. It's far too early to pass judgment since he hasn't passed any laws that matter yet. But given the current structure of the economy and Trump's inexperience at governing, I'd be extremely surprised if we achieved consistent 4% growth any time soon.

I'm not giving him a pass, I'm planning on judging him based on his performance.

If he leaves office, with growth at 3.5% and exports surging and working class and middle class wages rising due to increase manufacturing and decreased immigration, and crime falling,

I'll take that as a win.

And I would have judged Hillary the same, (if increased immigration led to rising wages somehow) if she achieved similar results.

So, after two quarters as President, the Trump economy has an average GDP of 1.9%

Hardly inspiring so far

We're all going to lose a lot of sleep knowing Trump hasn't secured your vote in 2020 yet.

No, Mexico did not pay
No tax reform
No balanced budget

Today's date, 2017.

Absolutely

You just lied.

He was making a statement of intent to aggressively pursue much higher rates of growth.

YOu, however, are being a liar, by pretending to take him literally, when you know that he was not being literal.

That you feel you have to play such dishonest games in order to score a point against him, indicates that you think that his intended policies of higher economic growth are real possibilities.

Otherwise, you would be happy to grant my obvious point and then judge Trump on that.

If a smart guy like Trump says 2.6 percent is a disaster and he can deliver 4 percent or higher he should be taken seriously. I mean Wharton economics grad and all

So he is either lying about his economic numbers or he is lying about his Wharton education

You have a choice between taking Trump seriously and judging him on his policies and position and accomplishments, or lack there of,

You are confident that Trump is going to achieve a reasonable level of success, ie better economic growth, and you want to avoid that discuss at all costs.

Alright. Let's take Trump seriously

He has a degree in economics from a prestigious University. I took Macroeconomics 101 40 years ago. Yet, I have a better understanding of GDP than Trump seems to have
Trumps "projections" are laughable to anyone with any understanding of economics. Someone with a degree in economics should be able to fake it better than Trump seems able to do.
I seriously question his degree in economics

Hardly inspiring so far

No, Mexico did not pay
No tax reform
No balanced budget

Today's date, 2017.
And if he fails to deliver by 2020
Are you ready to throw him under the bus or just make more excuses for Trump?

After a lackluster 1.2% in the first quarter of 2017. GDP returned to Obama-like numbers of 2.6% in the second quarter

Still, far below the 4% growth that Trump promised

U.S. economy accelerated during first full Trump quarter

x
Barry's average annual growth rate was a stunning 1.48% and had not even one year of 3% GDP growth, which I think is a presidential record. He thought the robust surge in the sale of Mom jeans was gonna put him over the top but that boom fizzled.

Absolutely

You just lied.

Hyperbole is bragging. I'm the best, I will do better than Obama, I will make America Great Again

Saying the economy is going to grow at 4% if you are elected, that Mexico will pay for the wall, that jobs will return from China is not hyperbole. Those are specific, measurable promises that you will be measured against. If he had no intention of meeting those claims then that is a lie....not hyperbole

Absolutely

You just lied.

You can't give him a pass just because he's a loud New Yorker. If he doesn't achieve 4% growth, then he hasn't achieved what he said he would. You can't lower the bar for him just because he's Trump. Would you have lowered it if Clinton was elected and said the same thing?

You've got to give him time. It's far too early to pass judgment since he hasn't passed any laws that matter yet. But given the current structure of the economy and Trump's inexperience at governing, I'd be extremely surprised if we achieved consistent 4% growth any time soon.

If he leaves office, with growth at 3.5% and exports surging and working class and middle class wages rising due to increase manufacturing and decreased immigration, and crime falling,

I'll take that as a win.

And I would have judged Hillary the same, (if increased immigration led to rising wages somehow) if she achieved similar results.
You just lied.

Alright. Let's take Trump seriously

He has a degree in economics from a prestigious University. I took Macroeconomics 101 40 years ago. Yet, I have a better understanding of GDP than Trump seems to have
Trumps "projections" are laughable to anyone with any understanding of economics. Someone with a degree in economics should be able to fake it better than Trump seems able to do.
I seriously question his degree in economics

So, you are done talking about economic growth?

What is your concern with his projections?

No, Mexico did not pay
No tax reform
No balanced budget

Today's date, 2017.
And if he fails to deliver by 2020
Are you ready to throw him under the bus or just make more excuses for Trump?

Interesting. You present me with an either or question, that is based on the premise that there are NO POSSIBLE VALID EXCUSES for TRump failing to make any goals.

That is intellectually dishonest of you. To an absurd degree.

Absolutely

You just lied.

Hyperbole is bragging. I'm the best, I will do better than Obama, I will make America Great Again

Saying the economy is going to grow at 4% if you are elected, that Mexico will pay for the wall, that jobs will return from China is not hyperbole. Those are specific, measurable promises that you will be measured against. If he had no intention of meeting those claims then that is a lie....not hyperbole

Standard lib tactic.

LIe about what a word means, then attack your enemy based on your made up bullshit.

THis is the actual definition of hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;

Thus, as we see, your claim that hyperbole has to be personal bragging is revealed to be a lie.

MY point, that his overblown promises, were hyperbole, is shown to be keeping in line with the REAL ACTUAL DEFINITION OF THE WORD.

Also, as you lied about the word, and I did not, my credibility is bolstered while your is undercut, by your own actions.

My point stands.

Hardly inspiring so far

No, Mexico did not pay
No tax reform
No balanced budget

LOL

You predicting the future again with your crystal ball,.

Do something useful with it.............give me the winning lottery numbers for power ball next week.

LMAO

Absolutely

You just lied.

Standard lib tactic.

LIe about what a word means, then attack your enemy based on your made up bullshit.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
    synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;

Thus, as we see, your claim that hyperbole has to be personal bragging is revealed to be a lie.

MY point, that his overblown promises, were hyperbole, is shown to be keeping in line with the REAL ACTUAL DEFINITION OF THE WORD.

Also, as you lied about the word, and I did not, my credibility is bolstered while your is undercut, by your own actions.

My point stands.

Trump drew his own line on what he will be evaluated against

If Obama having 2.6 percent GDP is a disaster, then 2.6 percent is a disaster for Trump
If he promises 4 percent growth, then 4 percent is what he gets measured against
If he said he would make Mexico pay for the wall, then he gets evaluated on whether he did it

If Trump made claims he can't deliver, then it is his fault for saying it.....not our fault for holding him to it

You just lied.

Standard lib tactic.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

My point stands.

If Obama having 2.6 percent GDP is a disaster, then 2.6 percent is a disaster for Trump
If he promises 4 percent growth, then 4 percent is what he gets measured against
If he said he would make Mexico pay for the wall, then he gets evaluated on whether he did it

If Trump made claims he can't deliver, then it is his fault for saying it.....not our fault for holding him to it
And if FROGS HAD WINGS they wouldn't bump their butts when they jumped.

If the percentage had been HIGHER TODAY...........You would be saying this was OBAMA DOING IT...........If it's BAD.........then it's TRUMP DOING IT.

Only LONG TERM INCREASES or DECREASES will eventually matter and ONLY AFTER implementation of new policy.

The economic benefits of new laws and policies will NOT BE FELT IMMEDIATELY........they never do................

Down the road will be the real results of new policy.......Not specifically today.

You just lied.

Standard lib tactic.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

My point stands.

I've addressed all of that already and caught you lying.

Now you just ignored our entire discussion to repeat your initial position.

THat is the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Repetition used as propaganda.

You have implicitly admitted that you know that you cannot defend your position honestly.

THus, you lose, and your post is invalid.

My point stands as the final word, unless you choose to stop playing with logical fallacies and engage in real dialog.

Here is the final point, where the discussion broke down.

Standard lib tactic.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

My point stands.

If the percentage had been HIGHER TODAY...........You would be saying this was OBAMA DOING IT...........If it's BAD.........then it's TRUMP DOING IT.

Only LONG TERM INCREASES or DECREASES will eventually matter and ONLY AFTER implementation of new policy.

The economic benefits of new laws and policies will NOT BE FELT IMMEDIATELY........they never do................

Down the road will be the real results of new policy.......Not specifically today.
If Trump delivered four percent growth like he promised, I would be applauding
Since he is delivering less than half of what he promised, I have to call him on it

Standard lib tactic.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

My point stands.

I've addressed all of that already and caught you lying.

Now you just ignored our entire discussion to repeat your initial position.

THat is the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Repetition used as propaganda.

You have implicitly admitted that you know that you cannot defend your position honestly.

THus, you lose, and your post is invalid.

My point stands as the final word, unless you choose to stop playing with logical fallacies and engage in real dialog.

Here is the final point, where the discussion broke down.

Trump set the standards he would be evaluated against
Your excuse that since he is a known liar, we shouldn't take him seriously is a non starter

Obama was evaluated against his promises....as will Trump

Standard lib tactic.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

My point stands.

If Trump delivered four percent growth like he promised, I would be applauding
Since he is delivering less than half of what he promised, I have to call him on it

I don't believe. YOu would manufacture some excuse to attack him.

Lefties like you didn't applaud Reagan when his policies led to the first treaty eliminating a whole class of nuclear weapons, or when the commies lost an election in Nicaragua, or when the soviet union fell.

Forum List

Back