Gender and IQ

CTSV

CTS-V
Jun 8, 2014
Iowa
So I was about to wade in on the Race IQ thread going on, but there is an issue there on how do you define race....which got me thinking about how controversial the subject can be, and how easy it is to get off track.

Instead I switched my focus to gender and IQ, and there is some interesting stuff to think about there. (I hope the attachment works....new to that process on this board)

If you look at the data you'll see two bell curves one for women which is tighter and taller and one for men which is lower and has longer tails.

It was interesting for me to follow up. IQ essentially attempts to normalize some measure of intelligence at 100, then measure the outliers. The standard deviation for women is smaller than that for men.

This implies that there are more men with low IQs than women, but it also means there are more men with high IQs than women. When you get out to either end of the tail the multipliers get pretty high, above 145 IQ you end up with about 8x the number of men. Similar results at the low end, males with very low IQs having high multiples against the number of females.

Somehow (as a 50 year old white guy) this intrinsically makes sense to me...on both sides of the bell curve.

How about you?

Attachments

• $fark_8LZRBKhEP_2fxrOBeO1NfcAIEKE.png
    $fark_8LZRBKhEP_2fxrOBeO1NfcAIEKE.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 59

Forum List

Back