General Hospital Actor Murdered by Catalytic Converter Thieves

"Progressive" culture produces millions of criminals without a conscience
stealing a catalytic converter is a lot of work
the thieves should have gotten a job instead

Once a catalytic converter is separated from the undercarriage of a vehicle by a thief, it can disappear quickly, ending up in the rear garage of a body chop shop or the back yard of a scrap metal enthusiast. Catalytic converter crooks can get a few hundred dollars for the stolen part and the petty risk they take. Once the precious metals are extracted from the converter, several ounces of the metals inside can be sold for thousands. Just an ounce of rhodium is currently priced above $13,000.

Downtown LA. No description of the perps, as usual. "Teens"?

I hate these incomplete stories. It does not indicate whether he was armed and lost the gunfight against 3 organized theives, or whether he was unarmed, making a foolish attempt to go up against the trio, at night, to protect his stuff.

1. If planning to interfere in your own interests against multiple thieves stealing your property, do not do so, unless properly ARMED OR READY FOR THE ENDLESS DIRT NAP.
2. The importance of #1, multiplies by the number of thieves involve and then is increased by a factor of 2, at night or limited visibility.
3. I recommend being armed, knowing how to accurately use it, and with the mindset, it could become necessary to use deadly force, anytime confronting thieves in the act, but not necessarily showing it, unless needed to protect your life or those around you.
4. Do not become decisively engaged with a numerically superior force. Have a plan for egress, offering concealment, if not cover, cover being or primary importance if available.

You shouldn't have to expect, going out to your car, you're gonna find some dirtbag under your car stealing stuff.

Usually, just confronting a thief will scare them off.

Maybe attack the perps and not the he victim who confronted them.

I hate these incomplete stories. It does not indicate whether he was armed and lost the gunfight against 3 organized theives, or whether he was unarmed, making a foolish attempt to go up against the trio, at night, to protect his stuff.

1. If planning to interfere in your own interests against multiple thieves stealing your property, do not do so, unless properly ARMED OR READY FOR THE ENDLESS DIRT NAP.
The more appropriate action to take is to allow them to steal it, regardless of whether you have your gun or not. Your family will be able to continue to love you for it!

Statistics?

You shouldn't have to expect, going out to your car, you're gonna find some dirtbag under your car stealing stuff.

Just giving sound tactical advice. This isn't 1950 and you have no reason to act in reliance of knowledge from an earlier more gentle time, as it is no long valid in many if not most places. This is true, especially in Ann Arbor.

You are safer in L.A.

Just giving sound tactical advice. This isn't 1950 and you have no reason to act in reliance of knowledge from an earlier more gentle time, as it is no long valid in many if not most places. This is true, especially in Ann Arbor.

You are safer in L.A.
I still saying nobody should have to arm themselves when walking out to their car. Focusing on what the victim did "wrong" and not what's wrong with a culture that would rather blame the victim than actually correct the problem is the problem here.

My car is unlocked day and night. My doors are unlocked at night when I sleep. There are reasons why it isn't like that everywhere. Some of you would rather make excuses for the criminal element than solve the problem

2. The importance of #1, multiplies by the number of thieves involve and then is increased by a factor of 2, at night or limited visibility.
3. I recommend being armed, knowing how to accurately use it, and with the mindset, it could become necessary to use deadly force, anytime confronting thieves in the act, but not necessarily showing it, unless needed to protect your life or those around you.
4. Do not become decisively engaged with a numerically superior force. Have a plan for egress, offering concealment, if not cover, cover being or primary importance if available.
In Los Angeles (it is California after all), the police officers I've spoken will have all pretty much indicated that if you leave the safety of your home to go outside to confront a car thief, and you take your loaded firearm with you, then you went out there to start a fight over "property". And while you certainly have the right to defend yourself if they decide simply taking your stuff isn't good enough and they point a firearm at you, then yeah of course, blast away. But I would fully expect to be persecuted for daring to use a firearm on a Los Angeles street because [initially] someone was trying to steal my car.

The police didn't even like the fact that I had an alarm because they knew I was trying to catch the people who kept messing with my car.

He should have stayed up in “them hollywood hills” hiding in a locked mansion. Order Safeway delivery for his salmon and Charmin.

In Los Angeles (it is California after all), the police officers I've spoken will have all pretty much indicated that if you leave the safety of your home to go outside to confront a car thief, and you take your loaded firearm with you, then you went out there to start a fight over "property". And while you certainly have the right to defend yourself if they decide simply taking your stuff isn't good enough and they point a firearm at you, then yeah of course, blast away. But I would fully expect to be persecuted for daring to use a firearm on a Los Angeles street because [initially] someone was trying to steal my car.

The police didn't even like the fact that I had an alarm because they knew I was trying to catch the people who kept messing with my car.
And that's why crime is spiraling out of control in progressive run shitholes.

Down on carson city a few years back a converter thief took a shot at the owner of the truck he was robbing, and died for his efforts.

I haven't heard of another cat converter robbery down there since.

Not any longer. Now these converter thieves and shoplifters will resort to deadly force for their petty crimes.

Oblige them.

That is sad, but I'm sure very true. Only left-wing governments would put innocent citizens in this situation.

White is right though. Anyone who is willing to steal your property is likely willing to kill you over it.

Forum List

Back