Generals warn of civil war in 2024

Maybe the military could do us a solid and start concerning themselves with China and Russia, and esp a Chinese-Russian alliance, more than fellow Americans.

Oh but wait, it seems these are Leftist military, so they love them some Cultural Revolution Great Leap Forward stuff. Right.
And what would that look like? Or is this just vapid whining?

I think they might be right. Suppose the same two candidates ran again in 2024, with the same results.

Those of you who believe there was massive election fraud last time: Is there any amount of evidence that would convince you that the same thing hadn't just happened again? I'm guessing there is not.

So if Trump lost again, and you believe there is absolutely massive fraud involved again, how much more pissed are you going to be? Now extrapolate that out to the whole country. Think of how many Trump followers are more intense, and more prone to violence than you are. There are quite a few.

It isn't definite, of course, but it is at least possible that a significant group, absolutely convinced that they are fighting for the existence of their republic against a domestic enemy, might rise up and get violent, and I think it's a good idea for the military to be better safe than sorry.

I think they might be right. Suppose the same two candidates ran again in 2024, with the same results.

Those of you who believe there was massive election fraud last time: Is there any amount of evidence that would convince you that the same thing hadn't just happened again? I'm guessing there is not.

So if Trump lost again, and you believe there is absolutely massive fraud involved again, how much more pissed are you going to be? Now extrapolate that out to the whole country. Think of how many Trump followers are more intense, and more prone to violence than you are. There are quite a few.

It isn't definite, of course, but it is at least possible that a significant group, absolutely convinced that they are fighting for the existence of their republic against a domestic enemy, might rise up and get violent, and I think it's a good idea for the military to be better safe than sorry.
It is expected of them to prepare for contingency. Like the idea that they may have seditionist traitors in their ranks whose loyalty lies with with the orange pile of shit instead of with their country.

Oh. Okay then. Hard to reconcile that, when you seem so willing to be a human shield for him.
How can I be willing to be a human shield for him when I just said I don’t want him in the White House? He also was not my first choice in 2016. Defending his policies however does not make me a cultist. A cultist defends the policy regardless because of who the person is and the letter next to their name.

How can I be willing to be a human shield for him when I just said I don’t want him in the White House? He also was not my first choice in 2016. Defending his policies however does not make me a cultist. A cultist defends the policy regardless because of who the person is and the letter next to their name.
Which policy was your favorite? Extorting foreign leaders for personal gain, using the power of the presidency? Firing the FBI director, because he was investigating Trump's allies? Or was it carrying out a coup attempt?

The awards panel is sure going to have a tough time!

Three retired US generals warned Friday that America's divided military could fuel a new civil war if there's another coup attempt after the 2024 election because 'more than 1 in 10 of those charged in January 6 attacks had a service record'.
Former Army Major Gen Paul Eaton, former Brigadier Gen Steven Anderson and former Army Major Gen Antonio Taguba made the worrisome claim in a column for The Washington Post.
'As we approach the first anniversary of the deadly insurrection at the US Capitol, we - all of us former senior military officials - are increasingly concerned about the aftermath of the 2024 presidential election and the potential for lethal chaos inside our military, which would put all Americans at severe risk,' the generals penned.
In such a polarized political atmosphere, 'with loyalties split,' the generals observed that 'some might follow orders from the rightful commander in chief, while others might follow the Trumpian loser'.

Comment:
Obviously Pelosi is using these Generals for scaremongering propaganda.
When they use Wokydopy terms like "Trumpian loser" we know that they are just Democrat pons.
"deadly insurrection"? the only person killed was an unarmed protester.
Remember when the Left Wingers used to believe that shooting unarmed protesters was a huge violation of civil rights and a major government crime?
Pelosi's propaganda mill is making loud clunking noises.
Perhaps they are setting the stage to accuse anyone who expresses doubts about the legitimacy of the election as being an "insurrectionist"
Do we still have real generals?

Which policy was your favorite? Extorting foreign leaders for personal gain, using the power of the presidency? Firing the FBI director, because he was investigating Trump's allies? Or was it carrying out a coup attempt?

The awards panel is sure going to have a tough time!

• America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.
  • Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration.
  • The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century.
  • Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job-hirings.
  • More Americans reported being employed than ever before – nearly 160 million.
  • Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low.
  • The number of people claiming unemployment insurance as a share of the population hit its lowest on record.
  • Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly 3 decades.
  • Unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those without a high school diploma all reached record lows.
  • Unemployment for women hit its lowest rate in nearly 70 years.
  • Lifted nearly 7 million people off of food stamps.
  • Poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans reached record lows.
  • Income inequality fell for two straight years, and by the largest amount in over a decade.
  • The bottom 50 percent of American households saw a 40 percent increase in net worth.
  • Wages rose fastest for low-income and blue collar workers – a 16 percent pay increase.
  • African American homeownership increased from 41.7 percent to 46.4 percent.
  • Created more than 1.2 million manufacturing and construction jobs.
  • Put in place policies to bring back supply chains from overseas.
  • Small business optimism broke a 35-year old record in 2018.
  • The DOW closed above 20,000 for the first time in 2017 and topped 30,000 in 2020.
  • The S&P 500 and NASDAQ have repeatedly notched record highs.
  • Signed an Executive Order on Modernizing the Regulatory Framework for Agricultural Biotechnology Products, which is bringing innovative new technologies to market in American farming and agriculture.
  • Strengthened America’s rural economy by investing over $1.3 billion through the Agriculture Department’s ReConnect Program to bring high-speed broadband infrastructure to rural America. And much, much, much more here -> Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House

LMAO, you have yet to provide a quote where that actually happened. Also that has nothing to do with the legal opinion itself. Which you LIED and said I denied it's existence.

I provided the memo that instructed Pence to not count our votes. I provided Trump saying John looked into it. I provided Trump saying that Pence needs to do the right thing.

The fact that you can’t put two and two together isn’t my fault.

I provided the memo that instructed Pence to not count our votes. I provided Trump saying John looked into it. I provided Trump saying that Pence needs to do the right thing.

The fact that you can’t put two and two together isn’t my fault.

From what I seeing is you're adding 2 + 2 and getting commie fantasy. LMAO

From what I seeing is you're adding 2 + 2 and getting commie fantasy. LMAO

I’m seeing you do anything but actually acknowledge anything I’ve said. You’ll bitch and moan and make excuses and dodge the rest

Just as I predicted.

At the end of the day, Trump wanted Pence to throw out electoral votes so he could stay president.

And you will refuse to acknowledge that because you can’t handle who Trump actually is.

• America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.
  • Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration.
  • The unemployment rate reached 3.5 percent, the lowest in a half-century.
  • Achieved 40 months in a row with more job openings than job-hirings.
  • More Americans reported being employed than ever before – nearly 160 million.
  • Jobless claims hit a nearly 50-year low.
  • The number of people claiming unemployment insurance as a share of the population hit its lowest on record.
  • Incomes rose in every single metro area in the United States for the first time in nearly 3 decades.
  • Unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those without a high school diploma all reached record lows.
  • Unemployment for women hit its lowest rate in nearly 70 years.
  • Lifted nearly 7 million people off of food stamps.
  • Poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans reached record lows.
  • Income inequality fell for two straight years, and by the largest amount in over a decade.
  • The bottom 50 percent of American households saw a 40 percent increase in net worth.
  • Wages rose fastest for low-income and blue collar workers – a 16 percent pay increase.
  • African American homeownership increased from 41.7 percent to 46.4 percent.
  • Created more than 1.2 million manufacturing and construction jobs.
  • Put in place policies to bring back supply chains from overseas.
  • Small business optimism broke a 35-year old record in 2018.
  • The DOW closed above 20,000 for the first time in 2017 and topped 30,000 in 2020.
  • The S&P 500 and NASDAQ have repeatedly notched record highs.
  • Signed an Executive Order on Modernizing the Regulatory Framework for Agricultural Biotechnology Products, which is bringing innovative new technologies to market in American farming and agriculture.
  • Strengthened America’s rural economy by investing over $1.3 billion through the Agriculture Department’s ReConnect Program to bring high-speed broadband infrastructure to rural America. And much, much, much more here -> Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House
Pretending for a moment that all of those things actually happened, were beneficial, and were all thanks to him, you're implying that they make up for extorting foreign leaders, obstructing justice, and staging a coup attempt. Is that what you're saying?

Pretending for a moment that all of those things actually happened, were beneficial, and were all thanks to him, you're implying that they make up for extorting foreign leaders, obstructing justice, and staging a coup attempt. Is that what you're saying?

Those things never happened. He never extorted any foreign leaders, he never obstructed any justice, unlike your current president, and he never staged a coup attempt. He is no idiot, if he wanted to stage a coup attempt, he would have used the military, not some inbred human shit like what stormed the capitol.

Forum List

Back