George Bush: A Class Act

Seems reasonable that someone with as much money has he could have simply written the kid a blank check. It doesn't specify the amount given from news article but I can't wrap my head around how one can love a kid that close to him and given the tools he has simply pay for it all. They only downside is that he would be accused of playing favorites but he's been accused of much worse.

Why didn't the Yale skull fiddler and former CIA terrorist simply not cough up a big chunk of his vast riches of cash to pay the for kid's treatment? It would have spared us this nauseating little dog and pony show.

RC. No.

Stop. I like you, and you do have some decent posts. But you will not defame him for this. And in your post you might have well just insulted the kid he shaved his head for. Gaining that kind of notoriety may have garnered that kid all the cash he/she will ever need, live or die. The truth is though, HW has been donating to Cancer Research ever since he lost his daughter to cancer. Believe me, he cares. This isn't a publicity stunt.

What's nauseating, is that we as a society cannot see an act of kindness for what it really is. Can't transcend the political divide to give credit where credit's due. The nauseating thing is that there isn't enough of that kind of kindness left in this world anymore. There needs to be more of it.

I don't think it was a publicity stunt. At 89. I doubt if he craves any more publicity. I looked at it as the presidents way of showing solidarity with a man who is protecting his life and is going through a tough time with his child.

Class act all the way

Why didn't the Yale skull fiddler and former CIA terrorist simply not cough up a big chunk of his vast riches of cash to pay the for kid's treatment? It would have spared us this nauseating little dog and pony show.

RC. No.

Stop. I like you, and you do have some decent posts. But you will not defame him for this. And in your post you might have well just insulted the kid he shaved his head for. Gaining that kind of notoriety may have garnered that kid all the cash he/she will ever need, live or die. The truth is though, HW has been donating to Cancer Research ever since he lost his daughter to cancer. Believe me, he cares. This isn't a publicity stunt.

What's nauseating, is that we as a society cannot see an act of kindness for what it really is. Can't transcend the political divide to give credit where credit's due. The nauseating thing is that there isn't enough of that kind of kindness left in this world anymore. There needs to be more of it.

I'm not demeaning the kid at all. I love kids and I know that he donates to research, but despite the fact I know he's a scumbag by his previous actions, I simply don't understand why he didn't cut to the chase and pay for it all. I would have. That's really all I'm saying but after some reflection on this any act of charity is an act of kindness so I can agree with you on that point. It looks like a bit of a PR stunt from the surface at first but personal disdain for the guy was culpable for making a veiled insinuation to that effect.

I obviously stepped on some toes here. I should have been more clear. Apologies. Carry on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back