George W Bush charged a charity $100,000 to guarantee his presence at fundraiser for military vets

See #118 and #119

I saw them.

Which president, vice president, etc has NOT charged speaking fees, benefit or not?
My post is about George W. Bush who took $170,000 from wounded warriors for a short speech. In all of the blood and grief Bush hand delivered to this country he did not attend the funeral of a single soldier in eight years. He also left the Veterans Administration in a mess. He has no regard for the misery and pain he delivered just that his pockets get filled for his trouble. If you have a point to make about anyone else it is contingent upon you to produce that source so they too may join the ranks of the lowliest Americans. But for now, I have George Bush.

"My post is about George W. Bush who took $170,000 from wounded warriors for a short speech."

and increased their usual take by 10x that.

And if his presence helped them do that, they would have seen the same spike WITHOUT his taking a cut of literal blood money. Which means they would have made more.

I've already linked to Hillary charging a children charity twice what they took in, and putting it in her 'Foundation'.

I understand, you have a hard-on for Bush.

Seek help.

We understand, you tried to defend the indefensible, and failed.

The former chairman of the charity had no problem with it.

As 'indefensible' when the Clintons do it...

Which doesn't seem to make any impression on people in this thread.

Too much BDS here.

Bash Bush, Cuddle Clintons.

Not worth the effort.

Yeah yeah, yammer yammer, you tried to defend the indefensible with an endless stream of lame Tu Quoque fallacies, and you lost. Which was inevitable.

Jeb Bush is officially finished with this news. No really he is so done. This just nailed his coffin shut. Watch John Kasich now.
Wtf ---- Jeb is George's sock? They're the same person?

He's a Bush. You are vastly underestimating how sensitive libs, independents, and even the GOP are over anybody with that last name. It's fucking over. Plus, he just said people need to work LONGER! Keep in mind 93 million people aren't working at all. So even the GOP should be upset with this. I know you know me as the FZ troll, but I never lied bout being a political genius. Kasich is a GENIUS for waiting till July 21. Their campaign just got a huge boost. Watch this develop.

Jeb Bush is officially finished with this news. No really he is so done. This just nailed his coffin shut. Watch John Kasich now.

He's a Bush. You are vastly underestimating how sensitive libs, independents, and even the GOP are over anybody with that last name. It's fucking over. Plus, he just said people need to work LONGER! Keep in mind 93 million people aren't working at all. So even the GOP should be upset with this. I know you know me as the FZ troll, but I never lied bout being a political genius. Kasich is a GENIUS for waiting till July 21. Their campaign just got a huge boost. Watch this develop.

Do you not understand that they're two different people?

Nobody claimed Jeb Bush ripped off a charity. If everybody just fell into a trance on a last name Jeb Bush wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Do you not understand that they're two different people?

Nobody claimed Jeb Bush ripped off a charity. If everybody just fell into a trance on a last name Jeb Bush wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

I saw them.

Which president, vice president, etc has NOT charged speaking fees, benefit or not?
My post is about George W. Bush who took $170,000 from wounded warriors for a short speech. In all of the blood and grief Bush hand delivered to this country he did not attend the funeral of a single soldier in eight years. He also left the Veterans Administration in a mess. He has no regard for the misery and pain he delivered just that his pockets get filled for his trouble. If you have a point to make about anyone else it is contingent upon you to produce that source so they too may join the ranks of the lowliest Americans. But for now, I have George Bush.

"My post is about George W. Bush who took $170,000 from wounded warriors for a short speech."

And if his presence helped them do that, they would have seen the same spike WITHOUT his taking a cut of literal blood money. Which means they would have made more.

I've already linked to Hillary charging a children charity twice what they took in, and putting it in her 'Foundation'.

Seek help.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

However, former president Clinton, and his predecessor George H W Bush, both claim they have never charged a charity.

A representative for Bush has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online's request for a comment.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
It appears the Clinton's are innocent of your attempted smear and George has clammed up. The only way this goes away is by GWB returning his blood money.

I originally said Clinton charged the charity $250,000, but he actually charged them $500,000, and he was invited to the event to receive an award. Imagine charging a charity $500,000 that is giving you an award?

An Award for Bill Clinton Came With $500,000 for His Foundation

To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Petra Nemcova, a Czech model who survived the disaster by clinging to a palm tree, decided to pull out all the stops for the annual fund-raiser of her school-building charity, the Happy Hearts Fund.

She booked Cipriani 42nd Street, which greeted guests with Bellini cocktails on silver trays. She flew in Sheryl Crow with her band and crew for a 20-minute set. She special-ordered heart-shaped floral centerpieces, heart-shaped chocolate parfaits, heart-shaped tiramisù and, because orange is the charity’s color, an orange carpet rather than a red one. She imported a Swiss auctioneer and handed out orange rulers to serve as auction paddles, playfully threatening to use hers to spank the highest bidder for an Ibiza vacation.

The gala cost $363,413. But the real splurge? Bill Clinton.

The former president of the United States agreed to accept a lifetime achievement award at the June 2014 event after Ms. Nemcova offered a $500,000 contribution to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation. The donation, made late last year after the foundation sent the charity an invoice, amounted to almost a quarter of the evening’s net proceeds — enough to build 10 preschools in Indonesia.

Seek help.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

However, former president Clinton, and his predecessor George H W Bush, both claim they have never charged a charity.

A representative for Bush has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online's request for a comment.

Read more: George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online
It appears the Clinton's are innocent of your attempted smear and George has clammed up. The only way this goes away is by GWB returning his blood money.

I originally said Clinton charged the charity $250,000, but he actually charged them $500,000, and he was invited to the event to receive an award. Imagine charging a charity $500,000 that is giving you an award?

To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Petra Nemcova, a Czech model who survived the disaster by clinging to a palm tree, decided to pull out all the stops for the annual fund-raiser of her school-building charity, the Happy Hearts Fund.

She booked Cipriani 42nd Street, which greeted guests with Bellini cocktails on silver trays. She flew in Sheryl Crow with her band and crew for a 20-minute set. She special-ordered heart-shaped floral centerpieces, heart-shaped chocolate parfaits, heart-shaped tiramisù and, because orange is the charity’s color, an orange carpet rather than a red one. She imported a Swiss auctioneer and handed out orange rulers to serve as auction paddles, playfully threatening to use hers to spank the highest bidder for an Ibiza vacation.

The former president of the United States agreed to accept a lifetime achievement award at the June 2014 event after Ms. Nemcova offered a $500,000 contribution to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation. The donation, made late last year after the foundation sent the charity an invoice, amounted to almost a quarter of the evening’s net proceeds — enough to build 10 preschools in Indonesia.
So nothing went to Bill Clinton's pockets but went to his charity. I'm not finding the same fault you are.

Seek help.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

So nothing went to Bill Clinton's pockets but went to his charity. I'm not finding the same fault you are.

You are so gullible. Money going into Clinton's charity is the same as money going into his pocket. That charity is nothing but a slush fund for the Clinton's to use to fund their travel and payoff various cronies. Chelsea runs the "charity" and receives a huge salary from it.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

You are so gullible. Money going into Clinton's charity is the same as money going into his pocket. That charity is nothing but a slush fund for the Clinton's to use to fund their travel and payoff various cronies. Chelsea runs the "charity" and receives a huge salary from it.
You have to have evidence or the attendants will be upon you very shortly.

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
so getting paid to speak is bad, but everything else he does for Vets is ignored.

you are truly a useless person
I think George is wealthy enough without depriving wounded warriors from needed care so he can fill his own pockets.
No one is deprived you lying pile of shit.

but yur a leftist, truth has no meaning

Taking $100,000 and another $20,000 for a private jet from soldiers who bled for you is despicable. A true American would have done this for free.

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The charity, which helps to provide specially-adapted homes for veterans who lost limbs and suffered other severe injuries in “the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan,” said the total $170,000 expenditure was justified because the former President and First Lady offered discounted fees and helped raise record amounts in contributions at galas held in 2011 and 2012.

“It was great because he reduced his normal fee of $250,000 down to $100,000,” said Meredith Iler, the former chairman of the charity.
However, a recent report by Politico said the former President’s fees typically ranged between $100,000 and $175,000 during those years.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004. To Help US Veterans Charity George W. Bush Charged 100 000 - ABC News
so getting paid to speak is bad, but everything else he does for Vets is ignored.

I think George is wealthy enough without depriving wounded warriors from needed care so he can fill his own pockets.

Fascinating -- psychologically speaking... A former POTUS who lied his way into a war sinks to charging money for face time in a benefit for the victims of that war ---- and that makes a USMB poster a "lying pile of shit".

Truly boggles the fucking mind.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

You have to have evidence or the attendants will be upon you very shortly.

There's a mountain of evidence, but no matter how much there was, gullible drones like you would continue to deny the facts.

And before the partisan bullshit starts, I also lambasted Hillary for this.

Why would you demand any payment for speaking at a fund raiser? Okay, if you have transportation costs I don't find it unreasonable to ask to have them covered, but that's it, and in Bush's case, he's a multi-millionaire so big fucking deal if he has to spend a couple thousand getting there. Consider the cost his donation. After all, how many of these veterans now need this charity because of the war he sent them into?

George Bush charged 100k to be at event for veterans wounded in the Iraq war Daily Mail Online

Seriously. ESPECIALLY vets. Especially vets injured in a war he started.

I heard someone else attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that started the war. Did you miss it?

What did that have to do with Iraq? Or did you miss that point?

Bush only took the advice of these and a few dozen other leading Democrats. He got approval from Congress and the UN declared Iraq in material breach of the previous cease fire.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

That's allllllll moot here. Kerry, Rockefeller and Clinton didn't charge 100,000 bucks to show up at a veterans charity. Moreover they weren't "The Decider". Bush was. And did.

There's no way in the world to justify that. None. Zero.

The war was completely justified and I doubt that Kerry, Rockefeller and Clinton will ever be invited to speak at a veterans charity, They promoted the war in Iraq and then screwed the troops while they were still engaged in fighting for the war that they voted to send them too. Bush decided to engage based on the same intel that Congress had and it was the right decision at the time.

Seek help.

Too much BDS here.

Not worth the effort.

How much money did Clinton receive from a wounded warrior charity after sending soldiers to fight and die overseas? In fact how many soldiers got sent overseas by Clinton and were wounded and killed.....compared to Bush?

Fascinating -- psychologically speaking... A former POTUS who lied his way into a war sinks to charging money for face time in a benefit for the victims of that war ---- and that makes a USMB poster a "lying pile of shit".

posting lies to support your bullshit is proof of projection.

the irony

the irony
We posted facts, nothing but facts. You lying to support your own bullshit is pitiful and possibly deranged.

the irony
We posted facts, nothing but facts. You lying to support your own bullshit is pitiful and possibly deranged.
you posted no facts, only assumptions

Uh, dumbass.....if you'd looked a little further into this three year old story you'd have found this:

Speaking and traveling fees for the former President were paid by the charity, but the amount was underwritten by a private donor, the charity’s lawyer told ABC News.

Report George W. Bush charged 100 000 to speak at 2012 charity fundraiser for wounded veterans Dallas Morning News
The point is.....the man who sent them into harm's way is charging money to speak on their behalf. Shame on him.

Forum List

Back