George Washington’s Church to Remove Plaques Honoring Him

Liberal cleansing of history. The dumber we are the more easily controlled. But they're liberal you know, cuz they declare so.

George Washington's Church Says Plaque Honoring First President Must Come Down

Yeah this is getting dumb

Christ Church in Alexandria, Virginia will take down a memorial marking the pew where Washington sat with his family, saying it is not acceptable to all worshipers.

“The plaques in our sanctuary make some in our presence feel unsafe or unwelcome," leaders said, a reference to the fact that Washington was a slaveholder.

"Some visitors and guests who worship with us choose not to return because they receive an unintended message from the prominent presence of the plaques.”
It's not getting it's been dumb for some time now as I said on another thread about this we are slowly becoming a nation of candy asses who won't be able to leave the house for fear of seeing or hearing something that upsets them.
You guys should probably seek help for that.

Christ Church in Alexandria, Virginia will take down a memorial marking the pew where Washington sat with his family, saying it is not acceptable to all worshipers.

“The plaques in our sanctuary make some in our presence feel unsafe or unwelcome," leaders said, a reference to the fact that Washington was a slaveholder.

"Some visitors and guests who worship with us choose not to return because they receive an unintended message from the prominent presence of the plaques.”
This whole slave owner BS is code for kill whitey.

It's not getting it's been dumb for some time now as I said on another thread about this we are slowly becoming a nation of candy asses who won't be able to leave the house for fear of seeing or hearing something that upsets them.
No that should be you guys who get upset and offended over plaques and statues.

They are only moving the plaques from the sanctuary. Seems to make perfect sense to me. It is a place to worship your god, for god's sake. Some of you really need to turn off your media outlets for a while and get a grip on reality. Here is the statement from the church.

http://files.constantcontact.com/e2bcc6a0101/182f952c-e491-410e-8dc3-7345783b9325.pdf
Today, the legacy of slavery and of the Confederacy is understood differently than it was in 1870. For some, Lee symbolizes the attempt to overthrow the Union and to preserve slavery. Today our country is trying once again to come to grips with the history of slavery and the subsequent disenfranchisement of people of color.

In simple terms they are trying to appease the Marxists in their midst, and that probably includes some clergy there since they are Episcopalian, and so more of our nations history is being savaged, undermined and destroyed by ideological zealots with the fix on the inside.

And libtards like you will never fail to celebrate, affirm and defend those who wipe their ass with Americas traditions, symbols and history.
They are moving the plaques from the sanctuary to a different location. Get a grip.

It's the reason they are moving them is the problem, but I see it goes right over your head. If George Washington isn't good enough for them, then they should look for somewhere else to go.
Get a grip.
You didn't answer the question snowflake. What does the bible say about idols?

Snowflake ?

I have no idea what the Bible says about this, nor do I care.

They are only moving the plaques from the sanctuary. Seems to make perfect sense to me. It is a place to worship your god, for god's sake. Some of you really need to turn off your media outlets for a while and get a grip on reality. Here is the statement from the church.

http://files.constantcontact.com/e2bcc6a0101/182f952c-e491-410e-8dc3-7345783b9325.pdf

I have a grip on reality!
They are moving them for the same old bullshit reason we see everywhere today. Some find it offensive, well they can go fuck themselves. If they don't like it then go somewhere else, memoralizing and preserving our history is more important than they are.
More important than god?

I don't believe in a god, and preserving our history is more important than the current worshippers.
And moving the plaques from the sanctuary to a different location destroys our history? I don't believe that.

The plaques were put there in 1870. They are moving the plaques because they are more concerned about the feelings of a handful of worshippers than they are in preserving our history. If they are embarrassed that our #1 founding father attended church there, then they should hand the building over to people that wish to continue with the preservation of our history, and start a church somewhere else.

Not me bud. Not my church, not my concern. Now about that problem you candy asses have.....

I knew a goddamned fucking liberal would come and fuck up another thread.
Have I told you lately how much I hate these people?

They are moving them for the same old bullshit reason we see everywhere today. Some find it offensive, well they can go fuck themselves. If they don't like it then go somewhere else, memoralizing and preserving our history is more important than they are.
More important than god?

I don't believe in a god, and preserving our history is more important than the current worshippers.
And moving the plaques from the sanctuary to a different location destroys our history? I don't believe that.

The plaques were put there in 1870. They are moving the plaques because they are more concerned about the feelings of a handful of worshippers than they are in preserving our history. If they are embarrassed that our #1 founding father attended church there, then they should hand the building over to people that wish to continue with the preservation of our history, and start a church somewhere else.
They are not destroying the church. They are moving a plaque. Get a grip.

Not me bud. Not my church, not my concern. Now about that problem you candy asses have.....
Translate that into a coherent statement I don't speak whatever you posted.

More important than god?

They are not destroying the church. They are moving a plaque. Get a grip.

And again snowflake, it goes right over your head.

Translate that into a coherent statement I don't speak whatever you posted.
I'm not triggered by what other people do in their own church. That would be you. Seek help.

Forum List

Back