🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

George Will quits the Republican party

Benghazi, IRS as a weapon against conservative groups, Obamacare, Syria, The Ukraine, fast and furious, blaming every white cop for a shooting before any evidence is in, lying about being transparent, the Iran deal, solyndra, not saying radical Islam, categorizing San Bernardino as "workplace violence." Other than that, I have nothing else off the top of my head though

Also, when has Will ever support "Obamacare"?

Read the post I responded to

I didn't see anything in there on ACA. I'm honestly curious here. I haven't read everything George Will has ever written, but I know he's spent quite a lot of energy criticizing ACA.

You didn't read the post I responded to. This is what it says since you won't go back and look at it: "Obama has no giant fuck ups." Where does that say George Will supports Obamacare? He doesn't, he actually is very strongly against it. I never said otherwise
Two different items of discussion, dope.

#1 - I said Obama has no giant fuck ups. Because he hasn't. He's had set-backs, like every president, but no fuck ups. You could only counter with discredited, debunked wingnut talking points. So you lost that one pretty badly.

#2 - You claimed that George Will shilled for Democrats yet you cannot come up with one example.

Just like you can't come up with one example of RINO being used in the 1990s, as you claim.

All you do is talk shit.

So finally you admit, when you don't back up your claims when asked, all you are doing is talking shit? I think you're right on that.

Being a nagging bitch isn't going to change that you want answers to your questions, answer questions. There is no question mark in this sentence

they said it was a necessary price
So they excused it. Because it was spending that they supported, regardless of the debt it created.

Wouldn't real conservatives have a plan to pay for what you legislate?

No, they didn't "excuse" it, they blasted W for it. You don't know what you are talking about
You're either knowingly lying or you're just fucking crazy.

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity did not mount radio campaigns against George W. Bush spending taxpayer money without a way to pay for it. They didn't even explain to their audiences how Bush/GOP were putting everything on a credit card, using parliamentary tricks with continuing resolutions to keep everything off the books.

They supported the wars, so they made obligatory comments about the debt.

They supported the huge tax breaks, so they worried - for a few minutes on-air - what it would do to the debt.

If that's what you are referring to, then thanks for the easy win.

That's your opinion...and you know what they say about those.

It's my opinion and a whole lot of other people. Guess how much I care what a leftist's view of my view of conservatives is???
That's not what she responded to. You're changing it again.

Obviously, you see no difference between conservative and Republican. Very telling.

Not really, it's actually the ability to discern context that you are lacking. Will has been attacking Republicans in ways that totally benefit Democrats for a long time. I didn't say he is a Democrat, I said he's not a Republican. And he's not consistently a conservative
It has nothing to do with context and everything to do with you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about, since you are equating conservatives with Republicans.

Yes, it is context. I call Democrats "liberal" quite a bit even though you are authoritarian leftists, there is nothing liberal about you. When I'm discussing your views, I say you are leftists. When I am referring to the group and what you call yourselves, I say liberal. Same with conservative and Republican.

Context is just too difficult for you to grasp, so you don't try
Maybe Toro and I are too complicated for you.

Wrong, the term started in the 90s.
Show me where it's in any published article from the 1990s.

You're so full of shit.
Republican In Name Only - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The earliest known print appearance of the term RINO was in the Manchester, New Hampshire newspaper then called The Union Leader.[2]

Bill Clinton would have been proud of what was happening on the third-floor Senate corner at the State House this week.... The Republicans were moving out and the Democrats and "RINOs" (Republicans In Name Only) were moving in.

— John DiStaso, "Merrill Taps Scamman, Strome and a Thomson". New Hampshire Union Leader. 31 December 1992."

What do I bet you will just hide now and not say wow, your bad?
Then you will have no problem pointing to an article in the 1990s that used that word!

Showing me etymology means nothing. People didn't use the term aluminum foil until decades after they switched from tin to aluminum. People still called it tin foil - many still do.

There's one in the post you just responded to, idiot

It's my opinion and a whole lot of other people. Guess how much I care what a leftist's view of my view of conservatives is???

Obviously, you see no difference between conservative and Republican. Very telling.

Not really, it's actually the ability to discern context that you are lacking. Will has been attacking Republicans in ways that totally benefit Democrats for a long time. I didn't say he is a Democrat, I said he's not a Republican. And he's not consistently a conservative
It has nothing to do with context and everything to do with you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about, since you are equating conservatives with Republicans.

Yes, it is context. I call Democrats "liberal" quite a bit even though you are authoritarian leftists, there is nothing liberal about you. When I'm discussing your views, I say you are leftists. When I am referring to the group and what you call yourselves, I say liberal. Same with conservative and Republican.

Well, maybe you are, but I'm certainly not! lol

George Will left the Republican party and the world did not end. For the record yes I'm white no I'm not uneducated and yes I know who George Will is and no I don't care that he left the party nor do I care when someone leaves the Democratic party because I think for myself and don't base my views on the opinions of others.

Pretentious and phony hypocrites like George Will can't seem to realize that the party that they pretended to support is NOT Conservative Party. They also seem to be unaware of the meaning of the word "Republican".

At any rate, good riddance to bad rubbish.

At least he did not try to paraphrase Ronald Reagan saying that he did not leave the Republican Party. the Republican Party left him.

It is hilarious that you Trumpites are cutting your throats in order to stop Hillary. When he loses, who are going to blame, Obama?

If we do, it will be a lesson learned from you liberals who still blame Bush for all of Obama's giant fuck ups.
Even after almost eight years.
When will you Bush apologists ever take responsibility for the mess he made of things?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Clearly this is rhetorical.

It's fascinating to watch the right turn on itself.

Everyone who doesn't drink the kool aid and march lock-step to the prevailing issue that animates the base is a RINO, or a fake conservative, a Democrat mouthpiece, or whatever.

And many of these people are supporting Trump, who has supported liberal causes and has been a political whore for much of his life.

George Will hasn't been a Republican for a long time. You're barking up the wrong tree on this one
Wait a minute - what point are you trying to make? That Will isn't a conservative or isn't a Republican?

If conservative, you are correct.

If Republican, he's definitely one of those.

Exactly.

kaz is demonstrating what I said earlier about the Republican party turning on itself.

If one doesn't pass a litmus test, then one can't be a Republican, even though Will has been a Republican his whole life.

Unlike Trump.
I think kaz is just a dumbass who insists that when he tries to twist reality we should all buy it.
4i6Ckte.gif

By "think" you mean parrot what Democrats tell you to think. And like a good little leftist (note I used the correct word), you think it ...
Yes. I can only judge you based upon what I think of you.

Congratulations on figuring that out.

George Will hasn't been a Republican for a long time. You're barking up the wrong tree on this one
That's your opinion...and you know what they say about those.

kaz yet again reveals inability to analyze carefully. Will has not adopted either the neo-con or the far right political newcomers and their beliefs to the GOP over the last twenty years. He believes they do not hold core GOP beliefs. He is right.

Neocons are in both parties and the last two Presidents, one from each party, were both neocons. You still don't know what it means, do you, Jake? You think neocon means far right, that isn't what it means. Neo means new, Jake. They aren't cons. They are big government liberal spenders who use the military to push policy as both W and O did up to their armpits.

George Will left the Republican party and the world did not end. For the record yes I'm white no I'm not uneducated and yes I know who George Will is and no I don't care that he left the party nor do I care when someone leaves the Democratic party because I think for myself and don't base my views on the opinions of others.

Pretentious and phony hypocrites like George Will can't seem to realize that the party that they pretended to support is NOT Conservative Party. They also seem to be unaware of the meaning of the word "Republican".

At any rate, good riddance to bad rubbish.

At least he did not try to paraphrase Ronald Reagan saying that he did not leave the Republican Party. the Republican Party left him.

It is hilarious that you Trumpites are cutting your throats in order to stop Hillary. When he loses, who are going to blame, Obama?

If we do, it will be a lesson learned from you liberals who still blame Bush for all of Obama's giant fuck ups.
Even after almost eight years.
When will you Bush apologists ever take responsibility for the mess he made of things?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Clearly this is rhetorical.

When will you Obama apologists ever take responsibility for the mess he made of things?

George Will was a conservative I actually liked - I didn't often agree with him, but his writing was solid and well grounded. He is a true conservative. That is not going to change, even though he leaves the GOP - but it should be sending a powerful message to the party when people like that are leaving it, or failing to support it's candidate.

It's fascinating to watch the right turn on itself.

Everyone who doesn't drink the kool aid and march lock-step to the prevailing issue that animates the base is a RINO, or a fake conservative, a Democrat mouthpiece, or whatever.

And many of these people are supporting Trump, who has supported liberal causes and has been a political whore for much of his life.

Wait a minute - what point are you trying to make? That Will isn't a conservative or isn't a Republican?

Exactly.

kaz is demonstrating what I said earlier about the Republican party turning on itself.

If one doesn't pass a litmus test, then one can't be a Republican, even though Will has been a Republican his whole life.

Unlike Trump.

I guess calling me a Republican is your lame attempt at an insult, but this is a particularly stupid way to insult someone who says he's not a Republican, it doesn't even make sense. I have litmus tests when I say I'm not one? How does that even make sense?

I wasn't insulting you. I was commenting on you saying that Will hasn't been a Republican for a long time. That's ridiculous.

It's funny how long it was discussed and then when it happened you think it came out of the blue

they said it was a necessary price
So they excused it. Because it was spending that they supported, regardless of the debt it created.

Wouldn't real conservatives have a plan to pay for what you legislate?

No, they didn't "excuse" it, they blasted W for it. You don't know what you are talking about
You're either knowingly lying or you're just fucking crazy.

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity did not mount radio campaigns against George W. Bush spending taxpayer money without a way to pay for it. They didn't even explain to their audiences how Bush/GOP were putting everything on a credit card, using parliamentary tricks with continuing resolutions to keep everything off the books.

They supported the wars, so they made obligatory comments about the debt.

They supported the huge tax breaks, so they worried - for a few minutes on-air - what it would do to the debt.

If that's what you are referring to, then thanks for the easy win.

Last time you thought you had an easy win a five foot girl locked you in your locker for an entire period.

Yes, they supported the wars and yes they supported tax breaks. And they also blasted him repeatedly for his spending. So just to be clear, that's your standard for Democrats? No one is supporting Hillary who disagrees with her on anything because they think she's better than the alternative? They are "excusing" her for anything they disagree with?

I think you're just a 13 year old. I guess that's the hell you locked yourself in when Paul Ryan picked on you all through middle school into high school

George Will is (was) an elitist establishment republican. He never had a positive thing to say about any republican since Ronald Reagan or a negative thing to say about democrats.He never said a single good thing about the Tea Party. It was all arcane political analysis that few people could understand. Good riddance.

Exactly.

Unlike Trump.

I guess calling me a Republican is your lame attempt at an insult, but this is a particularly stupid way to insult someone who says he's not a Republican, it doesn't even make sense. I have litmus tests when I say I'm not one? How does that even make sense?

I wasn't insulting you. I was commenting on you saying that Will hasn't been a Republican for a long time. That's ridiculous.

It's funny how long it was discussed and then when it happened you think it came out of the blue

Dude, there is no litmus test to be a Republican.

Republican is a party, not an ideology. You can be a liberal Republican or a conservative Republican. To be a Republican, you sign up. That's it.

Small Tent Republicans want a check-the-box litmus test, but being a member of a political party requires none of that.

George Will is (was) an elitist establishment republican. He never had a positive thing to say about any republican since Ronald Reagan or a negative thing to say about democrats.He never said a single good thing about the Tea Party. It was all arcane political analysis that few people could understand. Good riddance.

And once again...a clear example of the new GOP's contempt for education.

George Will decided to turn tail and run like a coward?
GW will not march lock step with the anger, fear, and bigotry of the far right.

He is a hero, they are cowards.

Meh we are going to kick the living shit out of the left, enjoy!
:)

No, you are not. You are going to find that almost 65% of the electorate detests your antiAmerican nonsense.

Ahahaha right the American people bitch slapped the Democrats, they lost over 1,200 seats nationally the House and the Senate because the left is just that popular :laugh:

You're not more complicated than a coloring book. Hey, remember in kindergarten how Paul Ryan drew the mustache, glasses and goatee on you when you were taking your nap? The rat bastard. It's no wonder you hate him so much now

It's "deflection" to say if you want the right to answer questions, you have to answer questions?
You haven't asked me any questions. You've been too busy deflecting mine.

Yes, it's not like we've ever posted in other discussions before. Hey, remember how Paul Ryan stole your first girlfriend? Then he dumped her, he just did it to screw with you? Of course that was when you were young, you were just what, 24? He really did torment you, didn't he?

Exactly.

Unlike Trump.

Dude, there is no litmus test to be a Republican.

Republican is a party, not an ideology. You can be a liberal Republican or a conservative Republican. To be a Republican, you sign up. That's it.

Small Tent Republicans want a check-the-box litmus test, but being a member of a political party requires none of that.

Saying you are a member of the party doesn't make you one. Jake for example is clearly not a Republican. And why would he leave the party over Trump? Why not just vote for him? That he's "leaving" the party demonstrates my point

Forum List

Back