Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards

Christmas is a pagan holiday co-opted by the early Roman Catholic church.

The tradition of Christmas trees comes from Pagan Druids in Scotland.

Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th.

Jesus is a made up character or most likely a composite of several spiritual leaders who were crucified by Rome.

Jesus' back story (virgin birth) was stolen from a mesopotamian myth.

I wish there were more people like you brazen enough to espouse that kind of bullshit when I'm around. That would make an excellent week. Or, I could just feel sorry for you kid.

I bet you believe that this guy Jesus was actually born on Dec 25th. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it's not important but--not certain which 'report'--never saw anything about a teacher's card or a crush.

whatever--those that are involved with this school should be concerned---the rest of us--'not so much'. jmo.

God give me the serenity...I posted it above. Someone ELSE posted it above. Here it is......again:

1.Moved Xmas Card Poster at Brooklet Elem. Causes Headaches - WSAV: News, Weather, and Sports for Savannah, GA
I did NOT...say that this is exactly what happened (stalking). I should have written "hypothetically", instead of plausible. :confused:
:booze: "You gonna drive me ta drinkin', LAWD!"

serenity now--I posted a link. still never read anything about 'a stalker' sending a Christmas card.

Someone in Bulloch County should have high school students write about this. certain some could come up with an episode like Desperate Housewives or something for Law and Order.

it sounds like the most boring school story I have heard in a while. No one was shot or stabbed---a teacher didn't 'do anything'---

how anyone was able to write a news story --I have to wonder.

why would a TV journalist then make sure the nation and world knew?

Yeah, I know about the school shootings. I've been through it, and maybe you have too. It sucks. That school's privacy is gone for awhile.

Christmas is a pagan holiday co-opted by the early Roman Catholic church.

The tradition of Christmas trees comes from Pagan Druids in Scotland.

Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th.

Jesus is a made up character or most likely a composite of several spiritual leaders who were crucified by Rome.

Jesus' back story (virgin birth) was stolen from a mesopotamian myth.

I wish there were more people like you brazen enough to espouse that kind of bullshit when I'm around. That would make an excellent week. Or, I could just feel sorry for you kid.

I bet you believe that this guy Jesus was actually born on Dec 25th. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, you really got me (us) there genius. Please continue.

it sounds like the most boring school story I have heard in a while. No one was shot or stabbed---a teacher didn't 'do anything'---

how anyone was able to write a news story --I have to wonder.

why would a TV journalist then make sure the nation and world knew?

Yeah, I know about the school shootings. I've been through it, and maybe you have too. It sucks. That school's privacy is gone for awhile.

the school shootings and all of the bizarre things that go on in schools are disturbing.

A kid in a high school got stabbed in the face yesterday over a cell phone--the other student is now in juvenile detention--fwiw. Not good --I think we all agree.

I taught middle school and a story like this is just 'nothing'. Students are not being 'prohibited from celebrating Christmas'--nor is the school 'forcing' students with other beliefs to celebrate Christmas. So---there was no story.

how anyone 'found out' about this--someone at the school mentioned it to a 'friend'--who then told another friend and another friend and it became a different story??? who knows.

the school shootings and all of the bizarre things that go on in schools are disturbing.

A kid in a high school got stabbed in the face yesterday over a cell phone--the other student is now in juvenile detention--fwiw. Not good --I think we all agree.

I taught middle school and a story like this is just 'nothing'. Students are not being 'prohibited from celebrating Christmas'--nor is the school 'forcing' students with other beliefs to celebrate Christmas. So---there was no story.

how anyone 'found out' about this--someone at the school mentioned it to a 'friend'--who then told another friend and another friend and it became a different story??? who knows.

I have 2 theories, and I hope that we eventually get a final story.

The OP is either a liar or a victim of his own subjective bias:

The OP should consider researching first before posting, particularly with regard to rightwing blogs and websites.

This coming from one that believes anything on a far left blog site.

Rational response to the fact that the OP was disproved. Well done.!

Disproved?

Because the guilty party said "I didn't do it!"? Are you serious?

It takes more "evidence" than that to disprove the article in the OP.

Immie

Georgia school: We were ?terrorized? by Fox News? false ?Christmas card censorship? report | The Raw Story

Brooklet Principal Marlin Baker told WSAV that the “censorship” charge was just not true and that Starnes didn’t bother checking the facts before publishing his report.

“The decision to move the poster had nothing, absolutely nothing, at all to do with any type of religious conversation that is going on in the county,” Martin explained.

The principal said that the Christmas card poster had been moved to a faculty work room in order to accommodate the privacy request of one teacher.

This coming from one that believes anything on a far left blog site.

Disproved?

Immie

So who do you suspect has declared a "War on Christmas"? Who is the "guilty party"?

Georgia school: We were ?terrorized? by Fox News? false ?Christmas card censorship? report | The Raw Story

Brooklet Principal Marlin Baker told WSAV that the “censorship” charge was just not true and that Starnes didn’t bother checking the facts before publishing his report.

“The decision to move the poster had nothing, absolutely nothing, at all to do with any type of religious conversation that is going on in the county,” Martin explained.

The principal said that the Christmas card poster had been moved to a faculty work room in order to accommodate the privacy request of one teacher.

yes, that is what the principal said.

then ~~an on air personality said whatever he said.

Brooklet, GA is such a tiny town. GA Southern University/Statesboro is near there. The community is the sort to want to do 'what is right'.

I haven't really read the thread completely--some sort of strange tangents--discussions of 'broader issues'--always confusing to me. C'est La Vie.

ie--
<This coming from one that believes anything on a far left blog site.
Disproved?

It takes more "evidence" than that to disprove the article in the OP.>

Last edited:

Disproved?

Immie

So who do you suspect has declared a "War on Christmas"? Who is the "guilty party"?

Where did I say anything about a "war on Christmas"?

I would say this is more of a case of idiotic left wing political correctness than anything else. The morons on the left are so afraid of offending certain people that they gladly risk offending others.

The guilty party was the administrator of the school, of course, and that would be the principal.

Political correctness is moronic. Offend hundreds or thousands just so one or two whiners do not get their panties in a wad.

Immie

Disproved?

Immie

Where did I say anything about a "war on Christmas"?

I would say this is more of a case of idiotic left wing political correctness than anything else. The morons on the left are so afraid of offending certain people that they gladly risk offending others.

The guilty party was the administrator of the school, of course, and that would be the principal.

Political correctness is moronic. Offend hundreds or thousands just so one or two whiners do not get their panties in a wad.

Immie

The "War on Christmas", is just a more expeditious way of describing, again, the ridiculous (fictional) story that Todd Starnes has propagated. And it has spread across both of the extreme political ends, (of what was intended to be a balanced system) like a rotavirus outbreak. Please don't pretend like you're ignorant. The Tea Party seems to be enjoying it:

The War on Christmas #2: Georgia School Confiscates Christmas Cards - Tea Party Command Center

1. Idiotic left-wing political correctness-Who are the offended "idiots?" Are they Jewish, Islamic, Kingdom Hall, atheist, agnostic, Wiccan, etc..?
2. Who are the "morons on the left", that are fearful of offending someone?
3. The principal is guilty of political correctness, because he:
a) Wants to keep his job?
b) He has respected someone's request for privacy, after an issue that occurred last year?
4. Political correctness is moronic.- So you would be willing to let go of your livelihood over a bulletin board? Becoming principal...yes...it's such as easy goal to obtain. Just let 'her go, Bob. :cheers2:
5. Who are the "whiners?"

Forum List

Back