Georgia school shooting live updates: Suspect's father arrested on charges including involuntary manslaughter

Drop Dead Fred

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2020
The FBI told this guy that his teenage son had threatened to carry out a school shooting.

After that, the father gave his son a gun.

Either the father is incredibly evil, or incredibly stupid.

Either way, I hope the father gets life in prison.

Georgia school shooting live updates: Suspect's father arrested on charges including involuntary manslaughter​

The father of the 14-year-old suspected of fatally shooting four people at Apalachee High School had given his son an AR-15 style rifle as a gift, two law enforcement sources said.

September 5, 2024

Colin Gray gave his son an AR-15 style rifle as a gift, two law enforcement sources said. It's unclear when he gave the gift, but it was after authorities interviewed the father and son last year in connection with threats to carry out a school shooting

I'll wait to get the facts first before I jump to any conclusions.

But my first thought is yet again: Just WTF goes on in public schools these days to make kids want to become mass murderers against their teachers and fellow students?

I think that is a far bigger and better question than the father.

Last edited:
Kids are kicked out of school for using the "N" word or carrying a Bible but this kid was a top threat and the FBI and state and local jurisdictions did nothing.

Maybe they ought to arrest the FBI and school officials for letting this happen? I think they kick kids out of school now or get them in serious trouble for going Bang! Bang! with their finger.

Seriously.

That is all we did as kids is run around playing cops and robbers. In grade school, I took a play rubber knife to school. The bus driver laughed. There were no murders.

In high school we carried rifles in the back of our truck windows. There were no murders.

Crooks also just graduated public school.

We need to get government out of education before it kills me.

From CBS (last updated 2 hrs ago):

Involuntary manslaughter? How does that fit in to the narrative when the shooter admitted that he intended to kill these people?

But my first thought is yet again: Just WTF goes on in public schools these days to make kids want to become mass murderers against their teachers and fellow students?

Why isn't the FBI arresting itself?

From CBS (last updated 2 hrs ago):

When are the hood rats parents(s) going to be arrested? Never.

I agree. School, especially K-12 is the most important time in a kid's life regarding his or her place in their peer group, which is the social world they live in. Their self-worth is largely formed by their interactions with other students. Unfortunately, the world of kids is closed to adults, so teachers and parents are usually unaware of the social health of their students.

Add to that what these bastards did to kids between 2020 to roughly 2023: they made them stay home, not go to school, not go outside and play, no dating, no dining, no dances, no restaurants, no proms, no graduation, no parties, no birthdays, no Christmas, nothing. Then they made them dress up as fools. These kids missed the best years of their lives in a self-made prison. And it was all for nothing, as kids have effectively nearly zero chance of dying from Covid.

,o1 a-3.jpg
1614203548863.png

Why isn't the FBI arresting itself?

That would be an admission both of failure and responsibility. Government agencies never fail nor are they ever responsible.

They simply have changes in "policy" and learning lessons.

Failure and responsibility are only for the little people.

That would be an admission both of failure and responsibility. Government agencies never fail nor are they ever responsible.

Worse, they predictably heap praise on themselves for their response to such shootings, even if it was an abysmal failure.

Oh

You have it backwards. What is happening in that home that so depressed and angered this child, that he went on a killing spree.

The FBI told this guy that his teenage son had threatened to carry out a school shooting.

After that, the father gave his son a gun.

Either the father is incredibly evil, or incredibly stupid.

Georgia school shooting live updates: Suspect's father arrested on charges including involuntary manslaughter​

The father of the 14-year-old suspected of fatally shooting four people at Apalachee High School had given his son an AR-15 style rifle as a gift, two law enforcement sources said.

September 5, 2024

Colin Gray gave his son an AR-15 style rifle as a gift, two law enforcement sources said. It's unclear when he gave the gift, but it was after authorities interviewed the father and son last year in connection with threats to carry out a school shooting
According to the news story I saw on TV this evening, law enforcement questioned the shooter a year ago regarding a threat to shoot up a school [the next day] on DISCORD. The "child" denied that he was the one who posted the message.

Whisky tango foxtrot!?! The police are the ONLY entity that can immediately get access to social media posts & accounts, yet they didn't bother to follow up by verifying whether or not the "child" was actually telling the truth? I mean them doing so would have helped either way it went. If they found out it was not in fact him, then they wouldn't have had to waste any addition time or resources investigating him. If they found out it WAS him, then they could have taken measures to deal with him posting threats whether he intended to carry them out or not.

I don't care what people say, when a person is locked up, then they are physically unable to carry out any bad acts they may have really wanted to do. Unless of course they have a criminal network at their fingertips ready to do their bidding.

I am so frustrated with those who have the ability to do something about many of these situation, not just not acting, but actively preventing others from acting as well.

No one can say "duh, well we didn't know he would do something like this" or "we had no idea that he was capable of something like this". He's 14 years old, he's either an idiot, developmentally challenged or crying out for help.

You have it backwards. What is happening in that home that so depressed and angered this child, that he went on a killing spree.
These kids shoot up schools because it causes the most carnage and grief for the most people. "Nobody loves me. I'm going to go eat worms (shoot up a school).

So it is just a coincidence that these kids all choose to go on a killing spree AT SCHOOL.

I saw the dad on TV. He seemed reasonably normal and sane to me.

Involuntary manslaughter? How does that fit in to the narrative when the shooter admitted that he intended to kill these people?
Because he's not the shooter, however he helped facilitate the murders by supplying his son with a firearm AFTER the police indicated that he was suspected of having posted online threats to shoot up a school.

Forum List

Back