Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Well that said all Ga. is doing is stopping discounts to Delta. See how that works?

If it were that simple, I wouldn't bat an eye.

But the same people who are threatening to remove the tax break are the ones who pushed for it. And they are not just removing the tax break. They are using the tax system to punish Delta for removing discounts. That is the worst sort of gov't interference in private affairs. This is what conservative vehemently opposed in the past.
You mean like obummer used the IRS to punish conservative political groups?

Yes, just like that. And you thought that was bad and yet you support this. That makes you a hypocrite and someone that puts party before country
And you supported that but not this so what does that make ewe?

Nope, I was vocal as hell against both. That is the difference between you and I, I do not put a party before the country.
Horseshit.

Just to clarify, this temper tantrum by the Georgia Lt Gov is not about Delta refusing to do business with the NRA. All Delta did was stop giving the NRA a discount.

Now the Georgia senate wants to try and strong-arm Delta so they will give the NRA their discounts back???? This is conservatism?? No, it is not.

I'm sure you'd like to define conservatism as "not fighting back when attacked", but we're not really inclined to accept your parameters.

When attacked? So stopping discounts is now an attack?

And since when does stopping discounts warrant high ranking state officials actually attacking a private business? Yeah, extorting private companies to provide discounts to your political donors is NOT what conservatives do. It is political bullshit. It is what the lowest scum politicians do.
Well that said all Ga. is doing is stopping discounts to Delta. See how that works?

But the same people who are threatening to remove the tax break are the ones who pushed for it. And they are not just removing the tax break. They are using the tax system to punish Delta for removing discounts. That is the worst sort of gov't interference in private affairs. This is what conservative vehemently opposed in the past.

Wow, it's like politicians are human beings who can change their minds according to the situation, or some shit like that.

Yes, just like that. And you thought that was bad and yet you support this. That makes you a hypocrite and someone that puts party before country
And you supported that but not this so what does that make ewe?

Nope, I was vocal as hell against both. That is the difference between you and I, I do not put a party before the country.
Horseshit.

Yes, that is what you are full of.

As for me, I am the guy that thinks all anti-discrimination laws applied to anyone but the government are unconstitutional, yet you think I supported the IRS targeting organizations? Even you cannot be the stupid.

Or maybe I am giving you too much credit.

Just to clarify, this temper tantrum by the Georgia Lt Gov is not about Delta refusing to do business with the NRA. All Delta did was stop giving the NRA a discount.

Now the Georgia senate wants to try and strong-arm Delta so they will give the NRA their discounts back???? This is conservatism?? No, it is not.

I'm sure you'd like to define conservatism as "not fighting back when attacked", but we're not really inclined to accept your parameters.

And since when does stopping discounts warrant high ranking state officials actually attacking a private business? Yeah, extorting private companies to provide discounts to your political donors is NOT what conservatives do. It is political bullshit. It is what the lowest scum politicians do.

Wow, it's like politicians are human beings who can change their minds according to the situation, or some shit like that.

The situation being the NRA calling them and threatening to pull their campaign donations.

Yes, EXACTLY like that. It was wrong then and wrong now. The only difference I see is that conservatives have always claimed they wanted a smaller, less intrusive government.

Oh please, this is not about them changing their minds. All the reasons for the tax exemption still exist. What changed is that Delta no longer offers a discount for NRA members. This is using the tax system to punish a business for not toeing the line.

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it

is it the job of the Georgia Senate to shill for the NRA?

psssssst.... that's probably a violation of the first amendment. but good luck with that. :cuckoo:

and if you'll note, your ARTICLE said "might".... it did not say it's a done deal.

NRA shills are funny

Poor Bitter Pillian can't stand it when people she doesn't like use the tactics she supports against her side.

You support Government intimidation on private business deals. How very authoritarian of you.

In light of the FBI investigation of the NRA for money laundering and other questionable practices, their recent ads, any respectable business would cut ties with them.

This won’t go well for the governor or the legislature.

if dems tried that, they'd be shrieking their Donald worshipping butts off.

PRESIDENT OBAMA did no such thing, willow ijit. Churches aren't allowed (or weren't) to act as political entities. How horrible that the IRS enforced the rules.

piss off, loon.

Oh please, this is not about them changing their minds. All the reasons for the tax exemption still exist. What changed is that Delta no longer offers a discount for NRA members. This is using the tax system to punish a business for not toeing the line.
Guess politicians in Georgia don't care much for a company that won't kiss NRA's ass

Yep - heard about this. More NRA whores puff out their chests and make idle threats.

But Delta holds the ace - they can simply threaten to move their hub from Atlanta to Dallas or Denver.

Watch the slimy little worms consider the thousands of jobs that'd go buh-bye, go silent and crawl back under their rocks :)

Yes, what changed was that Delta did something that made tax breaks less appealing to the Senate's constituents. Which would be exactly the sort of change they're SUPPOSED to pay attention to.

Yes, what changed was that Delta did something that made tax breaks less appealing to the Senate's constituents. Which would be exactly the sort of change they're SUPPOSED to pay attention to.

What did the other airlines do to make the tax breaks less appealing for them as well?

How many people do you think were affected by Delta pulling a discount for one weekend a year to a specific destination?

Guess politicians in Georgia don't care much for a company that won't kiss NRA's ass

Since a goodly number of their constituents are NRA members or supporters, why is that surprising? You certainly expect politicians in leftist states like California to cooperate with every left-wing advocacy group that comes down the pike, don't you?

Yep - heard about this. More NRA whores puff out their chests and make idle threats.

But Delta holds the ace - they can simply threaten to move their hub from Atlanta to Dallas or Denver.

Watch the slimy little worms consider the thousands of jobs that'd go buh-bye, go silent and crawl back under their rocks :)

Well, if Delta really wants to spend that kind of time and effort and money fighting a battle they said they were trying to avoid in the first place, then get on with it. Personally, I think you don't understand much about business and economics, if you really think that's "holding the ace".

PRESIDENT OBAMA did no such thing, willow ijit. Churches aren't allowed (or weren't) to act as political entities. How horrible that the IRS enforced the rules.

piss off, loon.
Liar! GFY.

What did the other airlines do to make the tax breaks less appealing for them as well?

Depends on the airline, one assumes. You know it's possible to make decisions on a case-by-case basis, rather than just trying to make simplistic blanket decisions across the board, right?

Have ewe ever been through Atlanta Hartsfield? Ain’t never gonna happen dummie.

How many people do you think were affected by Delta pulling a discount for one weekend a year to a specific destination?

I doubt much of anyone was affected by the actual discount one way or another. Affected by the raging political battle of which this is just one more attack? That's a different question.

And who elected YOU to decide what voters in Georgia should and shouldn't care about? Do you even LIVE in Georgia?

Depends on the airline, one assumes. You know it's possible to make decisions on a case-by-case basis, rather than just trying to make simplistic blanket decisions across the board, right?

but that is not what the Ga senate is doing, so go tell them

Forum List

Back