Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

So you want to protect your 2nd amendment but get angry when someone uses their 1st amendment rights..humm could that be called a cherry picker..[emoji39] [emoji11] [emoji89]

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Using the power of government to pressure a business into performing or not performing certain actions for another organization is not someone using their 1st amendment rights. According to a quote in the article, the tax break in question was explicitly described as being contingent upon Delta resuming its previous business affairs with the NRA.

I don't know what version of the First Amendment YOU'RE reading, but the version I'm familiar with says, "Petition the government for redress of grievances". Doesn't specify what the grievances have to be to count. You get to pester your local politician for whatever you wanna pester him for.

I'm not talking about anyone petitioning government, I'm talking about the actions of the government. When a government representative says that a piece of legislation will not be passed unless company A does business in a particular way with organization X, that is not free speech. The representative is not acting as a private citizen in that context.

How do you know that representative hasn't heard from his constituents?

How does that matter in this context? Whether the representative has heard from constituents or not, he was not speaking as a private citizen when he said that a certain piece of legislation would not pass so long as Delta does not continue giving the discount to NRA members. He was speaking as a representative of the Georgia government (or at least, appeared to be based on the content of the article).

I never said he WAS speaking as a private citizen. I believe I've been pretty clear that he was speaking as a representative of the people of Georgia, and as a candidate to represent them at an even higher level of government.

The only real question is, is he in fact verbalizing the actual wishes of his constituents, or not? We don't really know, since the media has been so eager to present this as "bought and paid for by NRA donations" and "given his marching orders by the NRA" that they haven't bothered to ask. I guess we'll find out on election day.

Now THAT'S bringing a gun to a gun fight!

so gubmint can violate the first amendment because you feel like?

hacks.

Where and when did the government violate the First Amendment? Who has been arrested for expressing their beliefs?

are you so deluded that you think only arrest violates the first amendment?

:cuckoo:

No, I suppose if the state of Georgia declined to renew Delta's business license, that would also qualify.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes? Not so much.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes UNLESS they do business with the NRA.

Absolutely unconstitutional!!!

Refusing to give them a tax break unless they discontinue discriminating.

Cite your Constitution requiring states to give tax breaks to anyone.

hacks.

Where and when did the government violate the First Amendment? Who has been arrested for expressing their beliefs?

No, I suppose if the state of Georgia declined to renew Delta's business license, that would also qualify.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes UNLESS they do business with the NRA.

So it is discrimination not to give discounts? That is where you want to hang your hat now?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why? Why just the NRA and not others who received discounts? Because they target the NRA that’s why! They are stupid people at Delta because any sane person knows the NRA was not responsible for that mass shooting. Game set match!

What other organizations do they give discounts to that are involved in issues as heated as the gun debate?
Why is the gun debate so heated? Because libtards want to remove guns. Americans do not.

The gun debate is so heated because both sides are dug in and neither is willing to give an inch. Just like a great many things in our country.
Incorrect! The right is willing to discuss extended background checks and the ban on bump stocks, the left want guns removed. Fuck the second amendment.

The NRA has fought against the ban on bump stocks.
Incorrect response. I said the right. Pay attention. Did you hear President Trump say he would fight them on this?

So it is discrimination not to give discounts? That is where you want to hang your hat now?

It is discrimination to give discounts, and then suddenly yank them and admit it's because you don't want to associate with "those people", yeah.

Would you like to ask the members of the NRA whether or not they feel discriminated against, or does that not matter because they deserve it?

hacks.

I didn’t realize that the NRA was a protected class. How is refusing to do business with an organization which is under investigation by the FBI for financial crimes and treason “discrimination”?

Refusing to give tax breaks doesn’t violate the Constitution. Making those tax breaks conditional upon the applicant making business arrangements with a private lobbying group, does.

What other organizations do they give discounts to that are involved in issues as heated as the gun debate?
Why is the gun debate so heated? Because libtards want to remove guns. Americans do not.

The gun debate is so heated because both sides are dug in and neither is willing to give an inch. Just like a great many things in our country.
Incorrect! The right is willing to discuss extended background checks and the ban on bump stocks, the left want guns removed. Fuck the second amendment.

The NRA has fought against the ban on bump stocks.
Incorrect response. I said the right. Pay attention. Did you hear President Trump say he would fight them on this?

You do not think the NRA is the “right”?

It is discrimination to give discounts, and then suddenly yank them and admit it's because you don't want to associate with "those people", yeah.

Would you like to ask the members of the NRA whether or not they feel discriminated against, or does that not matter because they deserve it?

PleAse link to the statement from Delta stating they didn’t want to associate with “those people”

What raw hypocrisy. If a company refused to give Planned Parenthood members a discount, Democratic-controlled legislatures would do whatever they could to take away any tax breaks that company was getting, never mind that Planned Parenthood, unlike the NRA, actually kills thousands of kids each year.

If the GA legislature believes that Delta is treating gun owners unfairly, it has every right to block tax breaks for Delta. It's that simple.

I didn’t realize that the NRA was a protected class. How is refusing to do business with an organization which is under investigation by the FBI for financial crimes and treason “discrimination”?

Refusing to give tax breaks doesn’t violate the Constitution. Making those tax breaks conditional upon the applicant making business arrangements with a private lobbying group, does.

Prove it or pound sand Canuck, what's little Justin up to today? What is he dressed up as today?

What raw hypocrisy. If a company refused to give Planned Parenthood members a discount, Democratic-controlled legislatures would do whatever they could to take away any tax breaks that company was getting, never mind that Planned Parenthood, unlike the NRA, actually kills thousands of kids each year.

If the GA legislature believes that Delta is treating gun owners unfairly, it has every right to block tax breaks for Delta. It's that simple.

Can you provide some examples of this happening?

Or even an example of a company that gives discounts to PP employees

Delta isn’t refusing to do business with NRA members. They’re Refusing to put money in the coffers of an organization which is openly encouraging attacks on law enforcement which is investigating them makes the NRA odious to patriot Americans.

An organization being investigated by the FBI for laundering millions of dollars from foreign governments and passing them through to candidates favoured by Vladimir Putin.

Why are you defending this affront to your freedom?

Prove it or pound sand Canuck, what's little Justin up to today? What is he dressed up as today?

Is that how little bully trumptards “debate”?

Do t be so touchy because you don’t know anything

Last edited:
The most embarrassing part of this is that frauds that try and pass themselves off as conservatives cheer this sort of government intrusion.

damn straight when a business discriminates against its own people. yep, I have no sympathy at fking all.

That is because you are a statist and want the govt to tell private business who they have to give discounts to.

You might as well move to Russia and skip the pretending

Delta isn’t refusing to do business with NRA members. They’re Refusing to put money in the coffers of an organization which is openly encouraging attacks on law enforcement which is investigating them makes the NRA odious to patriot Americans.

An organization being investigated by the FBI for laundering millions of dollars from foreign governments and passing them through to candidates favoured by Vladimir Putin.

Why are you defending this affront to your freedom?

The NRA is "openly encouraging" attacks on Law Enforcement? You really are a dumb bitch.

Is that how little billy trumptards “debate”?

Says a person who has never once added anything salient to a single conversation? You're dismissed little girl.

I am against every bit of ObamaCare, not just the mandate. My wife is a critical care nurse in a hospital and I have seen first hand the damage that ObamaCare has done. The mandate was the least of the problems ObamaCare caused.

so what were the problems, specifically?

Is that how little billy trumptards “debate”?

Says a person who has never once added anything salient to a single conversation? You're dismissed little girl.
I have great conversations. But not with fact averse trump trolls.

Forum List

Back