Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

because it is such a hot button issue. People on both sides of the debate are very passionate and get very heated over it. So, why not remove yourself from the equation and not take a stance at all...which is what they did and they are being pounded for it. Wouldn't it be better if all companies stayed out of social issues and just provided their service?
`
It's a business decision. Follow the flow. This is really a non-issue in the greater scheme of things. I mean, outside of the hardcore gun enthusiasts (to put it politely), WTF really cares about a lousy NRA 10% discount on an airline most of them never use? It appears the Parkland school massacre was the straw that broke the camels back.
`

Delta pandered over fake internet outrage at the NRA....sad really

Actually, Delta took a neutral stance, they neither supported nor were against the NRA, they choose to be neutral on the issue of guns in the country.

and for that, they are the devil to way too many people
Be! They targeted the NRA WHy?

They did not target the NRA, they withdrew the offer for a discounted fare that was only valid one weekend a year. They did not say that if you are part of the NRA we do not want your business, they did not raise their fares to the city holding the NRA convention. They took a neutral stance, they said we will neither support nor fight against...Isnt that the stance we should want all business to take, to stay out of the social issues and just provide their service?
Why? Why just the NRA and not others who received discounts? Because they target the NRA that’s why! They are stupid people at Delta because any sane person knows the NRA was not responsible for that mass shooting. Game set match!

What other organizations do they give discounts to that are involved in issues as heated as the gun debate?
Why is the gun debate so heated? Because libtards want to remove guns. Americans do not.

They did not target the NRA, they withdrew the offer for a discounted fare that was only valid one weekend a year. They did not say that if you are part of the NRA we do not want your business, they did not raise their fares to the city holding the NRA convention. They took a neutral stance, they said we will neither support nor fight against...Isnt that the stance we should want all business to take, to stay out of the social issues and just provide their service?
Why? Why just the NRA and not others who received discounts? Because they target the NRA that’s why! They are stupid people at Delta because any sane person knows the NRA was not responsible for that mass shooting. Game set match!

Keep in mind also, this discount was only for travel to the host city of the NRA convention during weekend of the convention and the days just before and after. in 2017 66,000 people attended the NRA convention, so lets pretend that all 66,000 of them flew there...that is a very low number of people affected for this much shit to be happening.

You loons willingly and gleefully RUINED the business of a baker for refusing to bake a cake for only 2 people.

Oh hell fucking no! Do not put that shit on me.

I believe that any and all anti-discrimination laws imposed on any private company or individual are unconstitutional. I have stated this multiple times on this forum and have gotten pounded from all sides for my view.

I sided 100% with the bakers and the rest of the people that said no. Nobody should ever be forced to provide a service or a product they do not wish to, with no exceptions. I think this extends to medical people also, if someone does not have the money or insurance, they should not be forced to treat them. The government should never be in the business of forcing an individual to do anything.

So, you can take that shit and shove it right back up your ass

How charming. And to think that you eat with those fingers.

Cretin.

Actually, Delta took a neutral stance, they neither supported nor were against the NRA, they choose to be neutral on the issue of guns in the country.

What other organizations do they give discounts to that are involved in issues as heated as the gun debate?
Why is the gun debate so heated? Because libtards want to remove guns. Americans do not.

The gun debate is so heated because both sides are dug in and neither is willing to give an inch. Just like a great many things in our country.

Keep in mind also, this discount was only for travel to the host city of the NRA convention during weekend of the convention and the days just before and after. in 2017 66,000 people attended the NRA convention, so lets pretend that all 66,000 of them flew there...that is a very low number of people affected for this much shit to be happening.

You loons willingly and gleefully RUINED the business of a baker for refusing to bake a cake for only 2 people.

I believe that any and all anti-discrimination laws imposed on any private company or individual are unconstitutional. I have stated this multiple times on this forum and have gotten pounded from all sides for my view.

I sided 100% with the bakers and the rest of the people that said no. Nobody should ever be forced to provide a service or a product they do not wish to, with no exceptions. I think this extends to medical people also, if someone does not have the money or insurance, they should not be forced to treat them. The government should never be in the business of forcing an individual to do anything.

So you were against the MANDATE IN OBUMMER CARE?

Cretin.

I will take that as your apology for lying about me.

Cretin.

I'm pretty sure I've got your number, and it's in the low double digits.

The gun debate is so heated because both sides are dug in and neither is willing to give an inch. Just like a great many things in our country.
Incorrect! The right is willing to discuss extended background checks and the ban on bump stocks, the left want guns removed. Fuck the second amendment.

So you were against the MANDATE IN OBUMMER CARE?

I am against every bit of ObamaCare, not just the mandate. My wife is a critical care nurse in a hospital and I have seen first hand the damage that ObamaCare has done. The mandate was the least of the problems ObamaCare caused.

Incorrect! The right is willing to discuss extended background checks and the ban on bump stocks, the left want guns removed. Fuck the second amendment.

The NRA has fought against the ban on bump stocks.

Cretin.

Are you anohter one of the fuckers on here that lack the most basic level of integrity to admit when they are wrong? Is it too much for your soul to say "hey, sorry I accused you of something that you were not a part of?' Why is that so hard for so many people?

So its a good thing the state govt attacks businesses like this?
So you want to protect your 2nd amendment but get angry when someone uses their 1st amendment rights..humm could that be called a cherry picker..[emoji39] [emoji11] [emoji89]

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Using the power of government to pressure a business into performing or not performing certain actions for another organization is not someone using their 1st amendment rights. According to a quote in the article, the tax break in question was explicitly described as being contingent upon Delta resuming its previous business affairs with the NRA.

I don't know what version of the First Amendment YOU'RE reading, but the version I'm familiar with says, "Petition the government for redress of grievances". Doesn't specify what the grievances have to be to count. You get to pester your local politician for whatever you wanna pester him for.

I'm not talking about anyone petitioning government, I'm talking about the actions of the government. When a government representative says that a piece of legislation will not be passed unless company A does business in a particular way with organization X, that is not free speech. The representative is not acting as a private citizen in that context.

How do you know that representative hasn't heard from his constituents?

How does that matter in this context? Whether the representative has heard from constituents or not, he was not speaking as a private citizen when he said that a certain piece of legislation would not pass so long as Delta does not continue giving the discount to NRA members. He was speaking as a representative of the Georgia government (or at least, appeared to be based on the content of the article).

• Thanks
Reactions: del

They didn't even refuse to bake the cake..they refused to take an order for a homosexual wedding cake. They had other cakes, but the homos wanted something SPECIAL, specifically for their wedding.

But that's the left. They are mindless, gibbering loons. That is all they are.

because it is such a hot button issue. People on both sides of the debate are very passionate and get very heated over it. So, why not remove yourself from the equation and not take a stance at all...which is what they did and they are being pounded for it. Wouldn't it be better if all companies stayed out of social issues and just provided their service?
`
It's a business decision. Follow the flow. This is really a non-issue in the greater scheme of things. I mean, outside of the hardcore gun enthusiasts (to put it politely), WTF really cares about a lousy NRA 10% discount on an airline most of them never use? It appears the Parkland school massacre was the straw that broke the camels back.
`

Coherently Challenged Much?

`
`

Coherently Challenged Much?

Not in the least. But you are integrity challenged. you are a low life lying scum bag that lies about people and does not have the balls to admit their mistake.

Cretin.

Are you anohter one of the fuckers on here that lack the most basic level of integrity to admit when they are wrong? Is it too much for your soul to say "hey, sorry I accused you of something that you were not a part of?' Why is that so hard for so many people?

Why would she apologize? You are a lying sack of shit. I don't think you were here to weigh in about the bakers. You people lie about everything and then get so huffy when people just always assume you're lying.

I imagine you're lying now.

Cretin.

Why would she apologize? You are a lying sack of shit. I don't think you were here to weigh in about the bakers. You people lie about everything and then get so huffy when people just always assume you're lying.

I have stated my views on anti-discrimination laws on this forum multiple times and they have never waivered.

A person should be able to deny service to anyone for any reasons. Do not want to serve blacks, then don't. Don't want to serve men, then don't. Yet you are going to try and suggest I support someone being forced to make a fucking cake?

The guy that thinks even a doctor should be not forced to provide medical service to someone who cannot pay and you think I support forcing someone to make a cake. Even you cannot be that stupid.

Cretin.

Here, read this thread and see if my views have changed at all..

Gay wedding cakes at Muslim bakeries.

or this one...

Another win

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it
Now THAT'S bringing a gun to a gun fight!

so gubmint can violate the first amendment because you feel like?

hacks.

Where and when did the government violate the First Amendment? Who has been arrested for expressing their beliefs?

are you so deluded that you think only arrest violates the first amendment?

:cuckoo:

No, I suppose if the state of Georgia declined to renew Delta's business license, that would also qualify.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes? Not so much.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes UNLESS they do business with the NRA.

Absolutely unconstitutional!!!

Forum List

Back