Georgia State Senator Colton Moore suggests he'll take up arms if the prosecution of Trump doesnt go away

Elected officials should know when to keep their mouth shut.

You can't seem to make up your mind whether 'elected officials', i.e. government, should be sacrosanct and revered or told to shut up, you really should try to make up your mind.
Definitely not sacrosanct, nor particularly revered, but should definitely know when to shut up. That was one of Donny's problems while in office, a large part of the reason he lost and is out of office (as well as his current legal problems along with actions), and still is. This Georgia idiot is just another loudmouthed trumper.

A little before my time, and before the founding of our country. We have a country and a constitutional government. We will, so will keep it.

You have a 'country' and a COTUS due to brave men who stood up to the government tyranny they were under, and who were looked at exactly as you look at those fighting to preserve this country and that COTUS today, as people to be watched and kept in their place under the heavy heel of the current authority. You would have done everything in your power to keep and put them down.

What line would have to be crossed by the government, i.e 'elected officials', in order for you to protect what America once was?

Definitely not sacrosanct, nor particularly revered, but should definitely know when to shut up. That was one of Donny's problems while in office, a large part of the reason he lost and is out of office (as well as his current legal problems along with actions), and still is. This Georgia idiot is just another loudmouthed trumper.

He's a government official, why are you speaking out against the government like that?

You have a 'country' and a COTUS due to brave men who stood up to the government tyranny they were under, and who were looked at exactly as you look at those fighting to preserve this country and that COTUS today, as people to be watched and kept in their place under the heavy heel of the current authority. You would have done everything in your power to keep and put them down.

What line would have to be crossed by the government, i.e 'elected officials', in order for you to protect what America once was?
I won't entertain hypothetical.

Is Colton Moore being a responsible state rep when he says he "doesnt want to have to draw my rifle" if he "can't make this problem (Trump indictment) go away"? Should he be on a FBI watch list as a potential domestic terrorist? Should he be removed from serving in the state senate?

So draw his rifle and.....do what?

Start shooting his neighbors? Cops? Killing our military personnel? Murder some judges? Find those grand jury members and murder them in their home? Murder federal law enforcement?

Whenever you ask our hard right civil war enthusiasts this simple question, they always get super vague. And always for the same reasons:

They know their answers sound exactly like domestic terrorism.

He's a government official, why are you speaking out against the government like that?
You are saying he speaks for the government of Georgia. He's just an immature dumbass. I have combat boots older than that guy.

You are saying he speaks for the government of Georgia. He's just an immature dumbass. I have combat boots older than that guy.

So you have no respect for the government then? You act like there are these institutions and ingrained traditions that are not to be questioned on one side of the coin, and on the other you have zero respect for those who were elected to represent the people that voted for them? Maybe his constituents completely agree with his stance on the subject, who the hell are you to question that? He was ELECTED in a free and fair election, which you hold to be the final arbiter of who is to be respected and revered.

So you have no respect for the government then? You act like there are these institutions and ingrained traditions that are not to be questioned on one side of the coin, and on the other you have zero respect for those who were elected to represent the people that voted for them? Maybe his constituents completely agree with his stance on the subject, who the hell are you to question that? He was ELECTED in a free and fair election, which you hold to be the final arbiter of who is to be respected and revered.
You make a straw man argument, not support by reality.
He is a first term Senator, not the Governor. He does not speak for the Government of the State of Georgia. As for Republicans having the legislative authority to have the State Troopers bring in the prosecutor, I suspect Governor Kemp has the say on that, and it is not likely.

Trump was president; he declassified the documents.

He admits in not one but TWO recordings that the secret docs he was showing off had NOT been declassified.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript."

And its functionally irrelevant in terms of the charges against him. He's charged with Willful Retention of National Defense Information. It doesn't matter if the docs are classified or declassified. What matters is that they contained national defense information and Trump refused to give them back.

The prosecutor's actions are quite rogue, so I don't trust ANYTHING they're doing or saying.

Then wallow in willful ignorance. It won't change a single legal outcome if you refuse to read the indictment or the evidence it lays out.

I haven't seen any laws cited on that.
You do realize the absurdity of all of this, right?

Declassified Documents are subject to Freedom of Information Act release.

They are put online through the Library of Congress.

They are scrubbed from any reference to ways and means. Making sure we don’t inadvertently release the name of a spy or the way we intercepted any information. But the documents are then subject to release to the public.

So why were these declassified documents not released to the public?

You make a straw man argument, not support by reality.
He is a first term Senator, not the Governor. He does not speak for the Government of the State of Georgia. As for Republicans having the legislative authority to have the State Troopers bring in the prosecutor, I suspect Governor Kemp has the say on that, and it is not likely.

He is an elected official, elected in a free and fair election by his constituents, you have zero say in the matter. And you're also a hypocrite since you like to pick and choose which elected officials are to be revered and listened to and which are not based on your own biases. You don't respect the rule of law, and the tradition of elections at all, only when you agree with them. You're a sham. :dunno:

Declassified Documents are subject to Freedom of Information Act release.

They are put online through the Library of Congress.

They are scrubbed from any reference to ways and means. Making sure we don’t inadvertently release the name of a spy or the way we intercepted any information. But the documents are then subject to release to the public.

So why were these declassified documents not released to the public?
I don't know, but I remember hearing that the organization or whatever that normally help ex presidents get all that crap together didn't help Trump. I don't have a link at this time, though.

Forum List

Back