Germany to Close All 84 Coal-fired power plants, rely primarily on Renewable energy

So
Excellent!!!
Because more expensive power is better.

Natural gas and renewables are a less expensive alternative douchebag.
Someone has fooled you. Renewables are not.

Somebody doesn't have their own utility
Bills yet! Hmmmmm.

Jo

Unlike you I can read.

Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020, Report Claims
Unlike you I recognize what claims vs facts are.

So
Excellent!!!

Bills yet! Hmmmmm.

Jo

Unlike you I can read.

Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020, Report Claims

Take it up with Forbes

So
Excellent!!!

Bills yet! Hmmmmm.

Jo

Unlike you I can read.

according to a new report from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).

In the meantime, the cupcake federation says cupcakes don't make you fat.
The Vodka Foundation says Hillary Clinton testified that vodka doesn't get you drunk.

So

Bills yet! Hmmmmm.

Jo

Unlike you I can read.

Take it up with Forbes

Forbes? Did they explain why, with all those cheap renewables, Germany has such high electricity rates?

We really should be conserving natural resources and moving to cleaner, renewable sources for energy. That's the conservative thought on it, anyway.
"Hi honey. I won't be home for a few days. Our electric car ran out of battery as I was leaving McDonalds. I've got the car plugged into an outdoor electric outlet on the side of the store. The outlet is connected to a bunch of solar panels on McDonald's roof".

A Big/significant Move.
GAME CHANGER.
Doesn't mean they won't be using NatGas though.

Germany to close all 84 of its coal-fired power plants, will rely primarily on renewable energy
By ERIK KIRSCHBAUM
JAN 26, 2019 - LA Times
Germany to close all 84 of its coal-fired power plants, will rely primarily on renewable energy

Germany, one of the world’s biggest consumers of coal, will shut down all 84 of its coal-fired power plants over the next 19 years to meet its international commitments in the fight against climate change, a government commission said Saturday.

The announcement marked a significant shift for Europe’s largest country — a nation that had long been a leader on cutting CO2 emissions before turning into a laggard in recent years and badly missing its reduction targets. Coal plants account for 40% of Germany’s electricity, itself a reduction from recent years when coal dominated power production.

“This is an historic accomplishment,” said Ronald Pofalla, chairman of the 28-member govt commission, at a news conference in Berlin following a marathon 21-hour negotiating session that concluded at 6 a.m. Saturday. The breakthrough ended seven months of wrangling...
[.....]​

up TROLL SkookersASS, people DO care.
`
With Merkel and the enviro wacko party about to be shown the door this will never come to fruition..
So tell me why they are building 60 clean coal power plants for? It sure as hell isn't for show...

Coal will make a comeback. Trust me.

Jo
The new power plants are hybrids that can run NG and Coal... It isn't going anywhere... This is a Political BS stunt that is going to get her shit canned..

"Hi honey. We don't have a home anymore. The storm surge on top of the rising sea level flooded inland twelve blocks and we've lost everything. I was hoping to get some help from the government or our insurance but they both say it was an act of god and they're not responsible.

"Hi honey. We don't have a home anymore. The storm surge on top of the rising sea level flooded inland twelve blocks and we've lost everything. I was hoping to get some help from the government or our insurance but they both say it was an act of god and they're not responsible.
3mm is going to flood your home in 190 years to1,300 years (provided we don't enter a glacial stage long before then).... OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SCARY! I might get my toes wet..

The new power plants are hybrids that can run NG and Coal... It isn't going anywhere... This is a Political BS stunt that is going to get her shit canned..

Really? Want to place a bet on that?
I don't have to... All you need to do is look at the Paris accord where monies were to be distributed and who was paying the bill. Its a matter of PUBLIC RECORD!

Forum List

Back