Get Rid of Spanish in America

Just because you are too ignorant to speak another language or communicate with a human is no reason to destroy the world...

You know, I'm wondering if we can even eat Mexican food. Isn't that a slippery slope to allowing free speech to come back again?

Nope, from here out, it's fish and chips and shepard's pie for the lot of us
There is no slippery slope (except to those dishonestly trying to redefine an issue). Be genuine.

I have to say, I don't see how it's obvious that someone who wants to make Spanish illegal in private business dealings wouldn't want to also ban Mexican food.

But at least you have my mind at ease on that. Now on to my question of how I order Mexican food since I don't know English words for Mexican food. So?

You're right the United States does need an official language, I vote we make it Java, concise, easy to learn, portable and efficient. :D

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
It always seems to freeze...

How about conducting all business in English? How does that ban anything?

Do you mean government business or all business? If you mean the former, I am with you, if you mean the latter, you're advocating tyranny

Government. Official biz. Everyone else is free to do what they want.

Yes, I'm with you then. I agree. I thought that's what you meant, Billy. Just wanted you to specify that.

That isn't what Protectionist is advocating, he's proposing government ban private businesses from operating in Spanish, which is not what you are doing
I don't think Protectionist really knows what he's proposing. LOL

Well, he said television, phone recordings and advertisement in Spanish should be illegal, that's pretty specifically government tyranny
I agree he said it, but I don't think he thought through how it would have to be accomplished.

I regularly drank in bars back in the 70s in Colorado where Spanish was the primary language, and while you could get a beer in English, you couldn't read the menu. The point was to make it unfriendly towards people who weren't bilingual, or even spoke English much at all. I went there because guys my dad and I worked with were .... scary music ... illegal aliens or kids of them.

Apple and others will continue outsourcing .. live with it.

I don't go to Wal-Mart anymore. Or, I'll go when I really need something cheap.

The direct issue that pogo and I have been raising is that protectionist is proposing government ban free speech between citizens.

Do you believe they should? I've read a lot of your posts, I can't believe that you would support that
Examples of speech that is NOT free (is ILLEGAL) >> slander, libel, sedition, threats, perjury, false advertising, copyright infringement, plagiarism, fighting words, inciting a riot. Nothing new about exceptions to the 1st amendment. Ho hum. Yawn****

And for the 3rd time. I'm talking about PUBLIC speech (media, advertising, public airwaves, telephones, etc) not private speech between people. You are dodging this aren't you ?

Just because you are too ignorant to speak another language or communicate with a human is no reason to destroy the world...

Destroy the world? I'd say hyperbole is a great argument, but wow, it's not.

I am impressed though that you managed to make yourself look more nuts than Prohibition. That was a high bar to clear

The direct issue that pogo and I have been raising is that protectionist is proposing government ban free speech between citizens.

Do you believe they should? I've read a lot of your posts, I can't believe that you would support that
Examples of speech that is NOT free (is ILLEGAL) >> slander, libel, sedition, threats, perjury, false advertising, copyright infringement, plagiarism, fighting words, inciting a riot. Nothing new about exceptions to the 1st amendment. Ho hum. Yawn****

Those aren't exceptions to the first amendment. You can say all those words. What you cannot do is threaten people or cause intentional harm with them. That is what's illegal, not the words.

There is no connection between that and Spanish

[QUOTE="kaz, post: 19304373, member: 2661And for the 3rd time. I'm talking about PUBLIC speech (media, advertising, public airwaves, telephones, etc) not private speech between people. You are dodging this aren't you ?

If by "public" speech, you were referring to the public sector, again, I could support that.

But you have no more legitimate right to control my business, which is my property, than you have to control me

Do you mean government business or all business? If you mean the former, I am with you, if you mean the latter, you're advocating tyranny
So any regulation of private industry is tryanny, according to you ? Not eve the great deregualtor, President Trump would agree with that wacky notion.

Want to allow Thalidomide back on the market ? How about Vioxx ?

I am impressed though that you managed to make yourself look more nuts than Prohibition. That was a high bar to clear
Just trying to impress you my dear is the acme of every man(s)...existence....

How about conducting all business in English? How does that ban anything?
Spanish should be BANNED in the US. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I go into my local Mexican restaurant --- what happens? I can't order? If I read the menu out loud do your stürmtroopers goose-step in and toss me in a Konzentration Kamp?

You know, I'm wondering if we can even eat Mexican food. Isn't that a slippery slope to allowing free speech to come back again?

Good point. The fact that someone who made that food might have spoken Spanish while doing it, should make it illegal.

I had a house keeper once who left a note when she went home asking for "espunges." Maybe I made a mistake by not having her arrested. What do you think?

Another one running away from questions that prove him wrong. Again, quelle surprise
I don't see anybody "running away" from anything. Liberals like to invent things.

Beware of the overcreative liberal. :biggrin:

Well, trying to impress me isn't enough. You need to succeed

Maybe someday when desperate enough..

There is no slippery slope (except to those dishonestly trying to redefine an issue). Be genuine.

I have to say, I don't see how it's obvious that someone who wants to make Spanish illegal in private business dealings wouldn't want to also ban Mexican food.

But at least you have my mind at ease on that. Now on to my question of how I order Mexican food since I don't know English words for Mexican food. So?

And you'd better hope there's not a tornado coming. That's a Spanish word. The Weather Channel have been placed under house arrest.

So has Sarah Palin, for using the Heart song "Barracuda". Heart gets off since they're Canadian. Where fascism hasn't taken hold yet.

Last night I had Tornado Fries. But it's OK because it was a Middle Eastern restaurant where they all speak Arabic. Dodged a bullet there.

So any regulation of private industry is tryanny, according to you ? Not eve the great deregualtor, President Trump would agree with that wacky notion.

Want to allow Thalidomide back on the market ? How about Vioxx ?

Yes, regulating private industry is tyranny. It's a violation of the fifth amendment. You are restricting my business, which is my property, without due process

Without closing the Jewish Restaurant. I mean Mexican. Aren't you just treating a symptom rather than the disease?
Don't know what you're talking about. Maybe if you stuck to THE TOPIC, I would.

"Hate" was in the post to which I responded, which would have been obvious if you hadn't dishonestly removed that post.

The point remains, there is no definition of "hate" that gets in smelling distance of the idea of defying your fascisti fantassies.

Oh that's Olde Englisshe by the way. Still counts.
I didn't remove any post. Are you dreaming ?

Preserving a national identity is not fascism. HA HA. Pardon me. That was a good laugh.

Dictating what words people can say is, gringo.
es pendejo

Maybe someday when desperate enough..

You don't have much to work with, but you can give it a go

"Hate" was in the post to which I responded, which would have been obvious if you hadn't dishonestly removed that post.

The point remains, there is no definition of "hate" that gets in smelling distance of the idea of defying your fascisti fantassies.

Oh that's Olde Englisshe by the way. Still counts.
I didn't remove any post. Are you dreaming ?

Preserving a national identity is not fascism. HA HA. Pardon me. That was a good laugh.

Dictating what words people can say is, gringo.
es pendejo

L'OP est completement con.

Forum List

Back