Getting Rid of the EPA

This article deals with Trump's nominee to head up the agency in order to do away with it. It's written by someone who went to work for the agency with a scientific background and desire to “clean things up.” Here is just one quote:

During the two decades since I left government service, I’ve continued to watch the EPA’s shenanigans with a mixture of awe and vexation. Policy by policy and decision by decision, the EPA has decimated the nation’s competitiveness, ability to innovate, and capacity to create wealth. Its policies and decisions have single-handedly killed off entire once-promising sectors of biotechnology, including bioremediation (the use of microorganisms to clean up toxic wastes, including oil spills) and microorganisms that when sprayed on plants could prevent frost damage.

Read more at: Scott Pruitt Abolish EPA? He Might — and Should | National Review
You want to eat an apple sprayed with a layer of that shit?

Layer of what shit?

This article deals with Trump's nominee to head up the agency in order to do away with it. It's written by someone who went to work for the agency with a scientific background and desire to “clean things up.” Here is just one quote:

During the two decades since I left government service, I’ve continued to watch the EPA’s shenanigans with a mixture of awe and vexation. Policy by policy and decision by decision, the EPA has decimated the nation’s competitiveness, ability to innovate, and capacity to create wealth. Its policies and decisions have single-handedly killed off entire once-promising sectors of biotechnology, including bioremediation (the use of microorganisms to clean up toxic wastes, including oil spills) and microorganisms that when sprayed on plants could prevent frost damage.

Layer of what shit?

Spraying shit on plants that COULD prevent frostbite.

Great! Then we can be like China . Where the air is so polluted , they have shut down cities and planes can't even land !
Sheesh... it never ceases to amaze me how some people are so deluded as to believe that the fucking world will end without gigantic, hugely expensive and intrusive XYZ federal bureaucracy there to save us from ourselves.

These folks are rather like Middle Ages European Peasants that could not imagine existence without the Catholic Church dictating every aspect of their lives.

That's the way the extremist left works:

If you want to get rid of the EPA, you want our country to be like China.

If you are against gay marriage, you must want to go back to the days where interracial marriage was not legal.

If you are against phony equal pay bills (already passed in the early 60's) you must want women working for next to nothing.

If you are against unions, you must want us to return to women and children working 14 hour days with no lunch or breaks.

If you are against affirmative action, you must want to bring back slavery.
H.L. Mencken described the technique almost 100 years ago:

Syllogisms а la mode - If you are against labor racketeers, then you are against the working man. If you are against demagogues, then you are against democracy. If you are against Christianity, then you are against God. If you are against trying a can of Old Dr. Quack's Cancer Salve, then you are in favor of letting Uncle Julius die.

Layer of what shit?

We don't need to prevent frostbite. Global warming remember.

The Environmental Protection Agency was created with the best of intentions but through the years the agency has drifted from protection of the environment to reactionary politics. Always keep in mind that the unstated but real mission of a federal agency is to get bigger and more powerful and receive more funding. Sometimes it's a good thing but mostly it is a formula for corruption enhanced by ruthless administrations. The problem is that any administration (mostly republican) that tries to trim a federal agency is met by a barrage of propaganda by the mainstream media. If Trump tries to trim or re-direct or defund the EPA you can bet your ass that the propaganda barrage from the media will accuse the administration of trying to poison Americans with dirty water and dirty air regardless of the truth that the charges are untrue and grossly exaggerated. Most of the time politicians (mostly republicans) will cave in to unfair liberal media propaganda but sometimes we get a president who ain't afraid. We'll have to see.

The EPA was sorely needed in 1970. But, like most government agencies.... (aka Dept. of Education) they get larger and larger. Each new employee has to justify their existence...and each official in an administrative role is partly compensated by the size of their budget. So the result is obvious...ever-expanding budgets and ever expanding rules and regulations to justify their existence.

We still need the EPA. Very much so. What it needs is an overhaul beginning with cutting a good 3rd of it's budget beginning with overpaid administrators.

Yep, the primary job of a bureaucrat is to insure the continuance of the bureaucracy, everything else is secondary.

Layer of what shit?

Everyone had there reasons but no one wants theor plants sprayed with that shit. I don't see how being against it is a bad thing like the OP suggests.

Great! Then we can be like China . Where the air is so polluted , they have shut down cities and planes can't even land !

Poor hysterical timmy. I suggest you grow up.

What did I say that wasn't true ? If you can't debate , get the fuck out the way .
Besides being a strawman argument, your idiotic comment was also begging the question. Two logical fallacies in one.

I believe you were sputtering something about not being able to debate?

The EPA has devolved into a fascist democrat cult.....and must be destroyed...

Did The EPA Intentionally Poison Animas River To Secure SuperFund Money?

A week before The EPA disastrously leaked millions of gallons of toxic waste into The Animas River in Colorado, this letter to the editor was published in The Silverton Standard & The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist detailing verbatim, how EPA would foul the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money

What did I say that wasn't true ? If you can't debate , get the fuck out the way .

You don't debate timmy. You hurl invective and hysterical misrepresentations. If the EPA were to disappear tomorrow.....NOTHING would happen. Amazingly enough the EPA is not needed to maintain environmental laws. In other words grow up.

The only thing the EPA helps is the pocketbook career politicians... fact

You don't debate timmy. You hurl invective and hysterical misrepresentations. If the EPA were to disappear tomorrow.....NOTHING would happen. Amazingly enough the EPA is not needed to maintain environmental laws. In other words grow up.
He's constantly falling down the well....

Layer of what shit?

Everyone had there reasons but no one wants theor plants sprayed with that shit. I don't see how being against it is a bad thing like the OP suggests.
I don't mind....so please, stop speaking for me....

How is that a strawman? You want to eliminate the EPA , which protects the environment.

China is a glaring example of what happens when big biz can pollute all they want in the mane of making money .
It's a classic strawman argument. You assume (don't we all know how to spell that?) that businesses will just pollute because they can. Then you use the worst example of an industrial economy, one that hasn't technologically advanced itself into the middle half of the last century, as an example of what Murica would be with no EPA.

And your assertion that the sole role of the EPA is to protect the environment is laughable.

I don't have to assume . History shows us what companies will do when no one is watching them . Even wh the EPA we have all kinds of examples of big biz poisoning us .
Who was watching the EPA when they poluted the Animas?

Your faith in the all knowing bureaucracy needs an evaluation.

Your examples can be addressed at the State level.

It's just like the last couple of times the federal government closed. Who knew the difference?

Forum List

Back