Getting the Citizenship question answered-Use the American Community Survey

Should the American Community Survey be used to ask unknown households about citizenship?

• Yes, great idea, we need to know who is in the US

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, [state your reasons]

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Ok, so Trump can't add the citizenship question on the 2020 census form. That doesn't matter.
What Trump needs to do is find out what households are citizens using the Federal databases.
Those households get the 2020 census "short form" without the citizenship question.
Households that are "unknown" are probably NOT citizens and need to do the "American Community Survey" form with the citizenship question, and the questions must be answered or there are penalties.

The American Community Survey happens every year, where about 2% of the population is polled.

American FactFinder
ACS Data Tables on American FactFinder | American Community Survey | U.S. Census Bureau

Lets take a poll to see if this is workable.

Probably will be a waste of time. They would just lie.

Ok, so Trump can't add the citizenship question on the 2020 census form. That doesn't matter.
What Trump needs to do is find out what households are citizens using the Federal databases.
Those households get the 2020 census "short form" without the citizenship question.
Households that are "unknown" are probably NOT citizens and need to do the "American Community Survey" form with the citizenship question, and the questions must be answered or there are penalties.

The American Community Survey happens every year, where about 2% of the population is polled.

American FactFinder
ACS Data Tables on American FactFinder | American Community Survey | U.S. Census Bureau

The ACS is sent to a stratified random sampling. Once you change that to a targeted group you lose any usefulness of the data.

Also, the responses from the individual ACS responses are legally confidential and no other government agency has access to anything but the aggregate data.

There is no logical reason not to include the question on the census. Period.

Including it on the Census would decrease response rates, which lessens the quality of data collected.

Then you do what has always been done, which is to send teams of questioners to those addresses to clarify the non-answers with the individuals.

Or, to be economical, simply count all non-answers automatically as non-citizens, because no rational citizen would neglect to answer the question.

Last edited:

American FactFinder

The ACS is sent to a stratified random sampling. Once you change that to a targeted group you lose any usefulness of the data.

Also, the responses from the individual ACS responses are legally confidential and no other government agency has access to anything but the aggregate data.
So asking sex or race or country of origin is not useful data?

Got it.

Including it on the Census would decrease response rates, which lessens the quality of data collected.
That's a complete lie.

Exactly why would anyone be afraid to fill out a Census that asks if you are a citizen?

Are questions about your sex or nationality, also intimidating?

You are a turd.

American FactFinder

Got it.

It is useful in a full census or in a sampled survey. It is useless in a targeted survey where the individual responses are confidential.

That's a complete lie.

Exactly why would anyone be afraid to fill out a Census that asks if you are a citizen?

Are questions about your sex or nationality, also intimidating?

You are a turd.

The Trump Admin said asking the question would decrease response rates.

American FactFinder

Got it.

It is useful in a full census or in a sampled survey. It is useless in a targeted survey where the individual responses are confidential.
There is nothing targeted about asking sex, race, or country of origin numb nuts.

What you are vomitting is just Leftist Propaganda.

We need to know how many illegals are here, just like we need to know sex and race because it impacts how Federal Funds are assigned to groups of people.

If I were president and I had a Census that could not tell me how many Illegals were in THE US, then I would assume there were Zero and cut off all funding to so called NON EXISTENT ILLEGALS.

You don't want to be counted in The Census so we know how to budget funds for illegal immigrants who The Left wants to give benefits to?

Fine, then I say there are ZERO illegal Immigrants in THE US, and therefore through an EO, I would decree that $0 Federal Dollars be given to any and all organizations that provide tax funded benefits to Illegal Aliens.

If the Census cannot tell me what kind of people are in my country, then there is no point in ANYONE taking it.

Last edited:
^^^Is there anything you aren't an expert on?

A lot of things. But as a Data Analyst with a Masters in Applied Analytics, I understand how surveys and sampling works.
Then you know it's fake and just lie about it.
Just the opposite actually.
Hillary by a landslide.

The average of the last polls before the election had her winning by 2.1%.
The final popular vote was 2.1% in her favor.

American FactFinder

Got it.

There is nothing targeted about asking sex, race, or country of origin numb nuts.

What you are vomitting is just Leftist Propaganda.

We need to know how many illegals are here, just like we need to know sex and race because it impacts how Federal Funds are assigned to groups of people.

If I were president and I had a Census that could not tell me how many Illegals were in THE US, then I would assume there were Zero and cut off all funding to so called NON EXISTENT ILLEGALS.

You don't want to be counted in The Census so we know how to budget funds for illegal immigrants who The Left wants to give benefits too?

Fine, then I say there are ZERO illegal Immigrants in THE US, and therefore through an EO, I would decree that $0 Federal Dollars be given to any and all organizations that provide tax funded benefits to Illegal Aliens.

If the Census cannot tell me what kind of people are in my country, then there is no point in ANYONE taking it.

The suggestion in the OP was to only send the ACS to targeted respondents. Do try and keep up

^^^Is there anything you aren't an expert on?

A lot of things. But as a Data Analyst with a Masters in Applied Analytics, I understand how surveys and sampling works.
Then you know it's fake and just lie about it.
Just the opposite actually.
Hillary by a landslide.

The average of the last polls before the election had her winning by 2.1%.
The final popular vote was 2.1% in her favor.
Only there is no such thing as the Popular Vote in our National Election which is comprised of 50 Independent State Elections.

She won only 17 states compared to Donald Trump's 33, and that is all that matters

That 2.1% most likely were dead people and illegal aliens and the typical DEM TARD Voter Fraud anyways.

This is why you don't want illegals counted in The Census and why you oppose Voter ID., and why you Oppose stricter merit based Immigration Laws.

Forum List

Back