Giffords gets a ship for being shot

Ah, well, no one fucking cares.
Wrong, asshole. I care. Everyone who doesn't want to see the Navy used to advance a political agenda cares.
Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!, waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh cries the little baby with his tiny outstretched middle finger.
Weren't you just whining about the name of the Reagan airport?
Nope. This a republican bitch thread about a democrat they deem unworthy. I pointed out the hypocrisy, and how you are a whiney bitch.
She is unworthy. How does having brain damage make you worthy?
Surviving a political assassination attempt while you are serving your country as a congresswoman makes you worthy.

USS Giffords LCS-10 is not a Guided Missile Destroyer but the water displacement and length are the same, I just checked. LCS means littoral combat ship and an LCS can be named Justin Bieber.

What don't you agree with? That a Democrat who survived an assassination attempt should have a ship named after her?

It doesn't matter what her political affiliation is, what matters is she hasn't earned the honor. Her husband though, has. He's an astronaut and has given great, dangerous service to this country.
She is the victim of a political assassination attempt and is permanently disabled because of it. That seems pretty strong evidence of giving service to your country. People in the US military who are injured thus in the line of duty to their country at least receive the Purple Heart. Whatever your political affiliation, a congressman or woman is serving his or her country.

She did not willingly place herself in harms way. I agree that she is deserving of some recognition, perhaps a government building would have been more appropriate.

What don't you agree with? That a Democrat who survived an assassination attempt should have a ship named after her?

It doesn't matter what her political affiliation is, what matters is she hasn't earned the honor. Her husband though, has. He's an astronaut and has given great, dangerous service to this country.
She is the victim of a political assassination attempt and is permanently disabled because of it. That seems pretty strong evidence of giving service to your country. People in the US military who are injured thus in the line of duty to their country at least receive the Purple Heart. Whatever your political affiliation, a congressman or woman is serving his or her country.

She did not willingly place herself in harms way. I agree that she is deserving of some recognition, perhaps a government building would have been more appropriate.
Whenever a public figure like that places him or herself in a position where she is speaking in public in an unsecured venue, someone who may have enemies who disagree with her, she is certainly placing herself in harms way. You are just looking for excuses not to give her the credit she is due. She is serving her country, she is vulnerable, she is worthy of being valued for her service and her sacrifice.

Whenever a public figure like that places him or herself in a position where she is speaking in public in an unsecured venue, someone who may have enemies who disagree with her, she is certainly placing herself in harms way. You are just looking for excuses not to give her the credit she is due. She is serving her country, she is vulnerable, she is worthy of being valued for her service and her sacrifice.

It's not the same. Political attacks, such as hers are thankfully incredibly rare in the USA. Especially at her level. In fact if she is not the first congress person to have an attempt made on her life, at an event like this, I would be surprised. Obviously congress people have been murdered but it is extraordinarily rare. Her husband though has been to space many times and everyone of those missions is fraught with danger. Prior to that he was a Naval Aviator flying combat missions over Iraq. Thus, he has spent an entire career placing himself in harms way.

There is a ocean of difference between the two.

It's not the same. Political attacks, such as hers are thankfully incredibly rare in the USA. Especially at her level. In fact if she is not the first congress person to have an attempt made on her life, at an event like this, I would be surprised. Obviously congress people have been murdered but it is extraordinarily rare. Her husband though has been to space many times and everyone of those missions is fraught with danger. Prior to that he was a Naval Aviator flying combat missions over Iraq. Thus, he has spent an entire career placing himself in harms way.

I don't agree. You are just looking for excuses. She nearly died in the act of serving her country and is worth of acclaim. Period.

I don't agree. You are just looking for excuses. She nearly died in the act of serving her country and is worth of acclaim. Period.

I agree she is deserving of acknowledgment. That's why I suggested a government building. It's what she was, a politician. Warships should be named after soldiers. I don't agree with ships being named after presidents either, unless we have a POTUS who is an MOH recipient. That would change my mind.

Ah, well, no one fucking cares.
Wrong, asshole. I care. Everyone who doesn't want to see the Navy used to advance a political agenda cares.
Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!, waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh cries the little baby with his tiny outstretched middle finger.
Weren't you just whining about the name of the Reagan airport?
Nope. This a republican bitch thread about a democrat they deem unworthy. I pointed out the hypocrisy, and how you are a whiney bitch.
She is unworthy. How does having brain damage make you worthy?
You may have a point since you aren't worth shit

Funny to see all of the triggered snowflakes crying over a goddamn ship being named after a Democrat

I would have named it after Christina-Taylor Green. She was the nine year old that was slaughtered that day and was the granddaughter of former Manager and General Manager Dallas Green.

On hearing that a ship was dedicated to Gabby Giffords.......President Trump said

I prefer those who were not shot

I thought I smelled something a bit foul today, the hildabitch was in the area. And I agree with you, we have true heroes these ships can be named after, instead they chose a victim.

Like the airport named after Reagan? You find that repugnant too?

At least Reagan served and airports are named by the cities that own them.

Candyass Reagan never left American soil and spent the war making morale films for the troops. Then he went on to have the most corrupt administration in American history, while likely suffering from dementia while president.

Let's get a real sailers name on a ship instead of a candyass like Reagan.
But he was shot too.

I thought I smelled something a bit foul today, the hildabitch was in the area. And I agree with you, we have true heroes these ships can be named after, instead they chose a victim.

Like the airport named after Reagan? You find that repugnant too?

At least Reagan served and airports are named by the cities that own them.

Candyass Reagan never left American soil and spent the war making morale films for the troops. Then he went on to have the most corrupt administration in American history, while likely suffering from dementia while president.

Let's get a real sailers name on a ship instead of a candyass like Reagan.
But he was shot too.
They both were shot in the line of duty and deserve some respect then. Alright I will lay off on Reagan. Have to post this though:

Courageous woman, a true patriot. Shameful that no one from trump admin attended.

You assholes who criticize this - she would gladly give up this honor to have her life back. If she were Repub lining her pockets with tax payer money, you would be in favor of it. stfu

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back