Giffords seeks "bold" action as Congress takes up gun control

How did the shooting stop again? Someone stopped the lunatic when he tried to change clips. There is a lot more to this than simply banning assault weapons and high capacity clips, that shooter should never have been allowed access to a gun.

A 9mm Glock has a clip, dipshit. That's where the bullets come from that are fed into the barrel.
Now you're wanting to ban semi-automatic pistols?
Anything that goes "bang" you fucking Liberals want to ban.
Well, fuck you.
It's my Constitutional right to bear arms.
What other rights are you in favor of taking away, KKKomrad?

How did the shooting stop again? Someone stopped the lunatic when he tried to change clips. There is a lot more to this than simply banning assault weapons and high capacity clips, that shooter should never have been allowed access to a gun.

And the women in this country SHOULD never have been ALLOWED abortions

This thread isn't about abortion.

No, but you are talking about what should or shouldn't BE ALLOWED..
since I guess you are a expert on it now

Dude, frankly, you seem to spend a lot of time thinking about gay sex... it makes me wonder what you do when you get a few drinks in you...

I am merely trying to save a life. AIDS kills millions. If people like you would cease sucking dick and taking it up the ass, lives WOULD be saved.

Think about it next time you are in the mood to swallow one.

Shocking, the left is trying to win the gun control debate by appealing to emotion rather than addressng the actual facts surrounding the issue.

If Ms Giffords suggested that we all shoot ourselves, would you do it just because she was a victim of a crime? I wouldn't. But that's essentially what the left is trying to do to us.

So what are the "facts" here.

Two facts that we have after every mass shooting.

1) The shooter turns out to be a crazy person, and everyone they knew realized they were crazy (Holmes, Loughner, Cho, Lanza, etc.)

2) Despite being crazy, these people had no problem getting guns, ammunition and high-capacity clips.

The reason why we don't have common sense gun control is because the gun industry has dominated this debate.

Dude, frankly, you seem to spend a lot of time thinking about gay sex... it makes me wonder what you do when you get a few drinks in you...

I am merely trying to save a life. AIDS kills millions. If people like you would cease sucking dick and taking it up the ass, lives WOULD be saved.

Think about it next time you are in the mood to swallow one.

I kind of wonder about people who say how much they hate homosexuality, and then describe gay sex acts in graphic detail you'd find in bad slash-fiction.

Are you one of those supposedly straight guys who send the author of "Brokeback Mountain" your fan-fiction?

Violent crime can be committed without a gun but it is easier to defend yourself with a gun than with any other weapon and certainly easier than hand to hand.

What am I to do against 2 or more people intent on breaking into my house to do me harm? And don't give me the probability of that happening shit because it only has to happen once.

Violent crime can be committed without a gun, but the experience of countries like the UK is that it generally isn't.

Sure, gangs are going to carry knives and use them, but at the end of the day a knife is less likely to kill innocent bystanders, and is less likely to kill multiple victims. When was the last time you heard of one person killing 10 or more people with a knife?

Once again why should my right to defend myself be lessened because someone might someday maybe go on a shooting spree?

No one is suggesting that you can not have a gun at home, and certainly I have no problem with you having a gun at home for self-defense, but what I can say is that I live in a country where, in the event of attack, I basically know the assailant does not have a gun on him.

There is no way in hell we will ever get rid of guns in this country. It's not practical and we'd have to violate everyone's constitutional rights in the process. So I will assume an assailant has a gun. Even where you live two or more people that attack you might not have a gun but you can still be accosted and killed. If you had a gun you would have a better chance of fending them off.
In which case a call to the cops, the presence of a large dog or a baseball bat are likely to have some deterrent effect.

Cops that's laughable. A 30 minute response time would be fast where I live. And I have an alarm and 2 dogs if someone is intent on breaking into my home after the alarm sounds and after my dogs bark I am not going to walk up to him with a baseball bat. I will drop him from 20 feet away.

A gun is my last resort and in my opinion is a necessary tool in my personal protection.

The proof here is in the stats. People in the UK are less likely to die of gun shot wounds, because are less guns to shoot them. The lower homicide rate proves this works.

Quite frankly i don't care if a criminal dies from a gunshot wound.

Yeah she was spared so she could be instrumental in leaving law abiding citizens defenseless in the face of violence.

And btw owning a weapon does not make one evil.

Hell yea..

Imagine if Gabby were armed.....none of this would have happened

It probably still would have happened but maybe the psycho would have been killed and less innocents injured.

Yeah she was spared so she could be instrumental in leaving law abiding citizens defenseless in the face of violence.

No, but it makes it a lot easier to commit evil.

Most gun deaths are suicides, accidents and domestic arguments gone wrong. The one with a criminal preying on an innocent citizen are the exception.

Suicide isn't evil neither are accidents. And I don't distinguish violent crimes. Shooting an innocent person is a violent crime. Shooting a criminal breaking into your house is not.

And really if a domestic dispute gets that out of hand someone is still just as likely to wind up dead even without a gun.

Yeah she was spared so she could be instrumental in leaving law abiding citizens defenseless in the face of violence

Bullshit.

It does make it far more likely, however, the owner or someone close to the owner will commit an act of unspeakable evil.

Like slaughtering kids in a school, blasting a mess of people at a political rally or shooting up a movie theater.

I said liberals hate the Constitution, and this is all just more proof.

They won't be happy until criminals can run up in a house know the most dangerous things they will face are a wiffle bat and a spork.

Yeah she was spared so she could be instrumental in leaving law abiding citizens defenseless in the face of violence

Bullshit.

It does make it far more likely, however, the owner or someone close to the owner will commit an act of unspeakable evil.

Like slaughtering kids in a school, blasting a mess of people at a political rally or shooting up a movie theater.

Liar

(Reuters) - Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, grievously wounded in a 2011 mass shooting, made an emotional plea on Wednesday for Congress to take action to curb gun violence, but a National Rifle Association executive said new gun laws "have failed in the past and they'll fail again."

Speaking haltingly, Giffords implored lawmakers to "be bold, be courageous" as she opened testimony at the first congressional hearing on gun violence since the December 14 massacre in which a gunman shot dead 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Responding to outrage across the country following that incident, President Barack Obama and other Democrats have asked Congress to pass the largest package of gun restrictions in decades.

"Speaking is difficult. But I need to say something important," Giffords, who survived a head wound in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Arizona in which six people were killed and 13 others wounded, told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Gabby Giffords: Too many children are dying | Video | Reuters.com

Sometimes I question, have doubts, wonder about whether there is a God, a higher order, a supreme entity out there somewhere and then I see someone like Gabby.

I believe she was spared that day for a reason. Gabby and Wayne LaPierre, the forces of good and evil, clearly.

Her husband may be thinking about a congressional future or at least more activism.

I support Ms Giffords in her recovery 100%. It was horrible what happened to her and I think it is important for people to be able to see that these aren't abstract principles or statistics - they are flesh and blood.

But I halt at calling anyone pure good and anyone pure evil. We are all a mixture of both. (Sure, some get a heavier dose of one side than the other).

I think we might be able to explore some incremental measures that could prove helpful. Such as: Require background checks on every gun purchase, hold gun owners liable for properly securing their guns, allow a database of gun sales, require gun sellers to maintain an inventory, and either beef up the ATF or turn their responsibilities over to a department this is staffed well enough to enforce existing laws.

Last edited:

They won't be happy until criminals can run up in a house know the most dangerous things they will face are a wiffle bat and a spork.

Well no.

Conservatives have corrupted the second amendment to mean every yahoo bent on slaughtering kids in a school, should have access to a massacre weapon.

The Second Amendment, in very clear text, was providing a method to defend the state without having to pay for a standing army.

That..by the way..is not the case any more.

We have a professional standing army under federal control.

Gabby Giffords is free to spew her opinion, I am free to change the channel. I don't think she is evil simply because we disagree.

PS- The gun control circus is about to pack it's tent and leave town. It is a political loser for Democrats and they know it. Obama and his gun grabbing cronies do not have the votes to get anything done and his media puppets can't close the sale either. Feinstein's bill is already DOA.....

(Reuters) - Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, grievously wounded in a 2011 mass shooting, made an emotional plea on Wednesday for Congress to take action to curb gun violence, but a National Rifle Association executive said new gun laws "have failed in the past and they'll fail again."

Speaking haltingly, Giffords implored lawmakers to "be bold, be courageous" as she opened testimony at the first congressional hearing on gun violence since the December 14 massacre in which a gunman shot dead 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Responding to outrage across the country following that incident, President Barack Obama and other Democrats have asked Congress to pass the largest package of gun restrictions in decades.

"Speaking is difficult. But I need to say something important," Giffords, who survived a head wound in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Arizona in which six people were killed and 13 others wounded, told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Gabby Giffords: Too many children are dying | Video | Reuters.com

Sometimes I question, have doubts, wonder about whether there is a God, a higher order, a supreme entity out there somewhere and then I see someone like Gabby.

I believe she was spared that day for a reason. Gabby and Wayne LaPierre, the forces of good and evil, clearly.

Her husband may be thinking about a congressional future or at least more activism.

because Wayne shot Giffords .?

Then they will ban wiffle bats and sporks. Liberals won't be happy until home robberies are legalized as a form of wealth redistribution. Rape is the right to have sex and murder is getting rid of republicans.

Forum List

Back