Giffords seeks "bold" action as Congress takes up gun control

Giffords is already a liberal and probably agrees with the left on everything. Of course, she will use her ordeal to push the agenda.

There are others who were victims and they feel differently.

Giffords is playing the sympathy card and she probably thinks she is above criticism. Not so. I feel bad for what she went through, but that doesn't make her an expert.

Pick on the criminals, not us law abiding citizens who have a right to protect ourselves.

I wish that brain-damaged moron would shut her cakehole.

Democrat-Progressives have no problems using people-children as human sheilds

Giffords isn't in government anymore I don't care what she has to say

Last edited:
Non gun owners are the problem. They are 8 times more likely to commit murder than lawful gun owners. More people need to become lawful gun owners.

Anyone who really knows guns will tell you that a shotgun is the best weapon to protect your home. The shot will probably not penetrate your walls and kill your kid. A person using a semi-automatic gun with 30 rounds is more likely to hit an innocent person, than he is to hit someone who is firing at him. Police hit only 18% of the people who they aim to kill. They shot 9 innocent bystanders at the Empire State Building shooting. Limiting the magazine size, and requiring registration and back ground checks for all gun buyers is perfectly reasonable. In a saner society, like much of Europe, this would have been in place decades ago. The government requires that I demostrate my proficentcy to drive, before I am granted a license, and I must register ever vehicle I own. I do not consider such laws to limit my freedom.

Those that are convinced that the government is going to take their guns away are cranks, who are probably on the verge of moving to Waco to fight tanks with AR-15's. I don't even consider that worthy of discussion.

These assault weapons are for mass murderers and militias. The collector and casual gun owner doesn't need these weapons for hunting, protection, sport, paranoid people and fear mongers do for that feeling of control.

She isn't in government anymore but everytime she appears, it's yet another reminder of our haphazard gun ownership laws. We do need that, you just can't let anyone own these violent weapons.

She isn't in government anymore but everytime she appears, it's yet another reminder of our haphazard gun ownership laws. We do need that, you just can't let anyone own these violent weapons.

car accidents everyday are another reminder of our haphazard CAR ownership laws
3000 abortions a day are another reminder of our haphazard abortion laws
and the beat can go on and on.

Stop using these dead children for your alls agenda, and Giffords should be ashamed using her injuries to force more laws on us law abiding citizens.. I don't need HER to remind me of anything

Last edited:

Stop using these dead children for your alls agenda, and Giffords should be ashamed using her injuries to force more laws on us law abiding citizens.. I don't need HER to remind me of anything

There are going to be changes in gun ownership laws. If you want changes in abortion laws create your own threads on it. You won't tho, nobody visits your lame threads, the only way you get anyone to see your opinion is by hijacking others.

There are going to be changes in gun ownership laws. If you want changes in abortion laws create your own threads on it. You won't tho, nobody visits your lame threads, the only way you get anyone to see your opinion is by hijacking others.

oh I know, you people hate it when things are thrown back at you..but you can lay out all the dramtics you want
I hope the next freedoms this government attacks because of people like you, is your freedom of speech

Last edited:
Stephanie -

You really seem to hate the American people, American government and American way of life...do you mind my asking where you are from?

Anyone who really knows guns will tell you that a shotgun is the best weapon to protect your home. The shot will probably not penetrate your walls and kill your kid. A person using a semi-automatic gun with 30 rounds is more likely to hit an innocent person, than he is to hit someone who is firing at him. Police hit only 18% of the people who they aim to kill. They shot 9 innocent bystanders at the Empire State Building shooting. Limiting the magazine size, and requiring registration and back ground checks for all gun buyers is perfectly reasonable. In a saner society, like much of Europe, this would have been in place decades ago. The government requires that I demostrate my proficentcy to drive, before I am granted a license, and I must register ever vehicle I own. I do not consider such laws to limit my freedom.

Those that are convinced that the government is going to take their guns away are cranks, who are probably on the verge of moving to Waco to fight tanks with AR-15's. I don't even consider that worthy of discussion.

Bullshit. Stop trying to toss everything into one pot.

Stephanie -

You really seem to hate the American people, American government and American way of life...do you mind my asking where you are from?

You seem to feel the need to poke your nose in my life..worry about yourself, your government and your country

Last edited:
(Reuters) - Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, grievously wounded in a 2011 mass shooting, made an emotional plea on Wednesday for Congress to take action to curb gun violence, but a National Rifle Association executive said new gun laws "have failed in the past and they'll fail again."

Speaking haltingly, Giffords implored lawmakers to "be bold, be courageous" as she opened testimony at the first congressional hearing on gun violence since the December 14 massacre in which a gunman shot dead 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Responding to outrage across the country following that incident, President Barack Obama and other Democrats have asked Congress to pass the largest package of gun restrictions in decades.

"Speaking is difficult. But I need to say something important," Giffords, who survived a head wound in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Arizona in which six people were killed and 13 others wounded, told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Gabby Giffords: Too many children are dying | Video | Reuters.com

Sometimes I question, have doubts, wonder about whether there is a God, a higher order, a supreme entity out there somewhere and then I see someone like Gabby.

I believe she was spared that day for a reason. Gabby and Wayne LaPierre, the forces of good and evil, clearly.

Her husband may be thinking about a congressional future or at least more activism.

On January 30, the U.S. Senate Judiciary committee held a hearing entitled, "What Should America Do About Gun Violence?"

It should have been called, "How Do We Attack Second Amendment Rights?"

The hearing (which can be viewed here) consisted of a single panel that included NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, Second Amendment scholar David Kopel, attorney Gayle Trotter, Baltimore County, Md. police chief James Johnson, and Mark Kelly, the husband of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. (Rep. Giffords made a brief opening statement to the committee before the other witnesses took their seats.)

Anti-gun politicians such as Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) all made the same emotion-laden arguments they have made for decades on why government should infringe the Second Amendment rights of the American people. As always, they failed to provide any rational evidence that the so-called solutions they are proposing--a massive new gun and magazine ban and banning the private transfers of firearms--would reduce ordinary street crime, let alone stop the kind of tragedies that have recently shocked our nation.

The NRA's Wayne LaPierre stood firm in the face of repeated calls for more gun laws. In his testimony, he made clear that the NRA would not go along with any new restrictions of the rights of law-abiding Americans. "Law-abiding gun owners will not accept blame for the acts of violent or deranged criminals," he said, "nor do we believe that government should dictate what we can lawfully own and use to protect our families."

In particular, LaPierre made the point that the new restrictions being proposed would not affect criminals or madmen. While the law-abiding would submit to the laws, criminals simply would not. In response to a question, he pointed out that "even if you turn up someone on an instant check that's a mentally ill person, or a felon, as long as you let them go, you're not keeping them from getting a gun."

NRA-ILA | Senate Holds First Hearings of 2013 on Gun Rights

It's the same emotional argument that it has always been. No substance from the gun-control crowd or Gifford. As usual all they can talk about is disarming law abiding firearms owners.

(Reuters) - Former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, grievously wounded in a 2011 mass shooting, made an emotional plea on Wednesday for Congress to take action to curb gun violence, but a National Rifle Association executive said new gun laws "have failed in the past and they'll fail again."

Speaking haltingly, Giffords implored lawmakers to "be bold, be courageous" as she opened testimony at the first congressional hearing on gun violence since the December 14 massacre in which a gunman shot dead 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Responding to outrage across the country following that incident, President Barack Obama and other Democrats have asked Congress to pass the largest package of gun restrictions in decades.

"Speaking is difficult. But I need to say something important," Giffords, who survived a head wound in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Arizona in which six people were killed and 13 others wounded, told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Gabby Giffords: Too many children are dying | Video | Reuters.com

Sometimes I question, have doubts, wonder about whether there is a God, a higher order, a supreme entity out there somewhere and then I see someone like Gabby.

I believe she was spared that day for a reason. Gabby and Wayne LaPierre, the forces of good and evil, clearly.

Her husband may be thinking about a congressional future or at least more activism.

Yup... Let's let emotions rather than rational thinking dictate the loss of our Freedoms... Gabby was spared by God so she could take away our Freedoms. :cuckoo: You anti-gun NUTS are seriously DERANGED!!!

Stephanie -

You seem to feel the need to poke your nose in my life..worry about yourself, your government and your country

I was going to say the same to you!

If you aren't American - maybe cut the country some slack. Doubtless your country isn't paradise either.

If you are American - consider moving to a country you actually respect.

Stephanie -

If you aren't American - maybe cut the country some slack. Doubtless your country isn't paradise either.

move on to someone else to lay all your so called wisdom on...you bore me with it

Last edited:

move on to someone else to lay all your so called wisdom on...you bore me with it

That guy never makes any sense. ~shrug~

Forum List

Back