Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

The thing about this case that is so troubling is it sets a slippery slope for how accountable we should be for the effect of our words on another person. What makes it hard to step back from is that she is horrible, truely...she did a terrible thing. She's probably a sociopath.

We have to allow horrible people their right to free speech (such as the Westboro Baptists) even though we don't like them or their message.

We don't like *her* - but that should not influence whether or not she is guilty of manslaughter because of her words.

Very very hard and troubling.

This is not a free speech issue, it is a personal responsibility issue
When someone is trying to kill themselves, you have no responsibility to stop them. But encouraging them to proceed with killing themselves and telling him you will no longer be his girlfriend if he chickens out crosses the line

It was gross negligence leading to death
Emotional drivel. Why do you want to Inprison people when they don't break the law?
Did you happen to be born in Germany 90 years ago?

Far from it

The judge ruled it to be reckless behavior that resulted in someone elses death. It met the criteria for manslaughter

She gave him specific instructions on how to kill himself. Talk about an evil bitch. I have no sympathy for someone like that
I don't either. But this is about the law.

Ask yourself this. Would his guy be alive if not for he actions? I believe the answer beyond a reasonable doubt is yes.

When someone is trying to kill themselves, you have no responsibility to stop them. But encouraging them to proceed with killing themselves and telling him you will no longer be his girlfriend if he chickens out crosses the line

Emotional drivel. Why do you want to Inprison people when they don't break the law?

Far from it

The judge ruled it to be reckless behavior that resulted in someone elses death. It met the criteria for manslaughter

She gave him specific instructions on how to kill himself. Talk about an evil bitch. I have no sympathy for someone like that

Ask yourself this. Would his guy be alive if not for he actions? I believe the answer beyond a reasonable doubt is yes.
Maybe. He has failed to kill himself before.. Apparently he has been ill for years.
But that doesn't mean what she did was illegal. She didn't force him to kill himself. He did that on his own.
No law was broken

"When the failure to act is reckless or negligent"

See what the judge said

"This court has found that Carter's actions and failure to act where it was her self-created duty to Roy since she put him in that toxic environment constituted reckless conduct," the judge said. "The court finds that the conduct caused the death of Mr. Roy."
The court is wrong. This verdict will be overturned. Bet on it.
In what way do you think the judge was wrong? Did she not help plan his death? Could she not have saved him? Did she not have a duty to save him from a situation she helped put him in? Were her actions not reckless?

Basically, if not for her, would he have died that day in that manner?
People understand the emotion, I think. The problem is legality.

Don't yell jump at a jumper or fire in a crowded movie theater.
You can't yell jump at a jumper? Link?

Google.com.

The court is wrong. This verdict will be overturned. Bet on it.
In what way do you think the judge was wrong? Did she not help plan his death? Could she not have saved him? Did she not have a duty to save him from a situation she helped put him in? Were her actions not reckless?

Google.com.
Didn't see anything. Maybe you can help a technology illiterate guy out?

Michelle Carter text suicide trial verdict: Guilty

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Yelling jump at a jumper is illegal. Deal with it, snowflakes.
And another leftist who wants to censor free speech
She's a twat, and deserved to be publically shamed and humiliated, but think of what liberals are doing to do with this. They will eventually extend it to saying anything to someone who later commits suicide. Ie you tell a transgender person that xy=male and they later commit suicide, liberals will want you charged with manslaughter.
BINGO! Its exactly why the leftists here are lockstep in agreement that this free speech case verdict is correct.

Far from it

Nah. The texts showed he was going to do it anyways some day said he had everything set up to do it etc. Can't believe NO ONE in his family realized he was suicidal and stepped in.

Google.com.
Is Encouraging Suicide the Same as Assisting Suicide?

Michelle Carter text suicide trial verdict: Guilty

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Yelling jump at a jumper is illegal. Deal with it, snowflakes.
And another leftist who wants to censor free speech
She's a twat, and deserved to be publically shamed and humiliated, but think of what liberals are doing to do with this. They will eventually extend it to saying anything to someone who later commits suicide. Ie you tell a transgender person that xy=male and they later commit suicide, liberals will want you charged with manslaughter.
BINGO! Its exactly why the leftists here are lockstep in agreement that this free speech case verdict is correct.

Far from it

Nah. The texts showed he was going to do it anyways some day said he had everything set up to do it etc. Can't believe NO ONE in his family realized he was suicidal and stepped in.

All rights have limitations, including free speech.

I believe she was found guilty, even though it appears she really didn't break the law, and it is very likely this will be reversed on appeal.

But the law should be changed, so that people who use facebook, twitter, instagram, email or text messages (all electronic communications) to urge others to commit suicide are held accountable under cyberbullying laws.

So what we have here is another conservative advocating for more big government. I'm just shocked.......

News flash for you, words don't kill people.

Far from it

Maybe. He has failed to kill himself before.. Apparently he has been ill for years.
But that doesn't mean what she did was illegal. She didn't force him to kill himself. He did that on his own.
No law was broken

The court disagrees.

Google.com.
Lol thanks! Maybe you should read it lol

Far from it

No law was broken

The court disagrees.
And? He should step down. The very definition of manslaughter is taking another's life. Also the "reckless" behavior should be criminal.
No law was broken as suicide is legal.
This was an emotional judgement.
He should retire.

No law was broken

The court disagrees.
And? He should step down. The very definition of manslaughter is taking another's life. Also the "reckless" behavior should be criminal.
He should retire.

The only thing emotional here is - you, unable to understand her callous and illegal contribution to his death. Words can have very serious consequences.

Google.com.
Lol thanks! Maybe you should read it lol

I did. Don't think you can get away with being an asshole when you cross the line.

No law was broken

The court disagrees.
He should retire.

The only thing emotional here is - you, unable to understand her callous and illegal contribution to his death. Words can have very serious consequences.
Then cite the law or shut up

Typically the drugs he was on should be held accountable. So many miss that point. The kid was on anti depression medicine, it's proven over and over and over these meds can cause 1. depression 2. suicidal thoughts 3. the desire to kill. READ THE G.D inserts.

Had this kid not been on these drugs that every school wants to slap these kids on if they can't sit still for five minutes.. and yet parents can't see the money being made off the backs of those who are authority and people willing to lick every drop of shit off their shoes just because they've been brainwashed into believing

Gov. knows best
Medical doctors know best
CDC knows best
IRS knows best
cops know best
FBI knows best
BP knows best
EPA knows best
and yet it's sooooo hard to tie together how all these fks use you for your money and health..........

It's my understanding that the girl helped him plan out the suicide. It wasn't just that text conversation to get back into the truck. I'm not surprise that level of involvement would rise to a manslaughter charge and conviction.

Had it been the case of the girl yelling at a stranger across the street "kill your self", it would be very different.

No law was broken

The court disagrees.
He should retire.

Then cite the law or shut up

The laws are - assisting in a suicide, reckless endangerment, and manslaughter. You don't have to like it or agree but you are subject to it.

She did a bad thing and the law, while not specific, agrees.

Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.
Because she decided to run her mouth anyways, we will never know such a thing. Yeah she may have the right to run that mouth of hers, but at the end of the day, all that she did was add frosting to a cake that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Now if only we could bring to justice whoever drove the late beautiful precious at the top of this picture into eating his gun. :( :( :(

157006.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back