Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

The thing about this case that is so troubling is it sets a slippery slope for how accountable we should be for the effect of our words on another person. What makes it hard to step back from is that she is horrible, truely...she did a terrible thing. She's probably a sociopath.

We have to allow horrible people their right to free speech (such as the Westboro Baptists) even though we don't like them or their message.

We don't like *her* - but that should not influence whether or not she is guilty of manslaughter because of her words.

Very very hard and troubling.

This is not a free speech issue, it is a personal responsibility issue
When someone is trying to kill themselves, you have no responsibility to stop them. But encouraging them to proceed with killing themselves and telling him you will no longer be his girlfriend if he chickens out crosses the line

It was gross negligence leading to death
Emotional drivel. Why do you want to Inprison people when they don't break the law?
Did you happen to be born in Germany 90 years ago?

Far from it

The judge ruled it to be reckless behavior that resulted in someone elses death. It met the criteria for manslaughter
By the very definition f the word, it must be criminal recklessness.
Suicide isn't legal!!
It was criminal recklessness meeting the definition of manslaughter

Typically the drugs he was on should be held accountable. So many miss that point. The kid was on anti depression medicine, it's proven over and over and over these meds can cause 1. depression 2. suicidal thoughts 3. the desire to kill. READ THE G.D inserts.

Had this kid not been on these drugs that every school wants to slap these kids on if they can't sit still for five minutes.. and yet parents can't see the money being made off the backs of those who are authority and people willing to lick every drop of shit off their shoes just because they've been brainwashed into believing

Gov. knows best
Medical doctors know best
CDC knows best
IRS knows best
cops know best
FBI knows best
BP knows best
EPA knows best
and yet it's sooooo hard to tie together how all these fks use you for your money and health..........
She was too

Typically the drugs he was on should be held accountable. So many miss that point. The kid was on anti depression medicine, it's proven over and over and over these meds can cause 1. depression 2. suicidal thoughts 3. the desire to kill. READ THE G.D inserts.

Had this kid not been on these drugs that every school wants to slap these kids on if they can't sit still for five minutes.. and yet parents can't see the money being made off the backs of those who are authority and people willing to lick every drop of shit off their shoes just because they've been brainwashed into believing

Gov. knows best
CDC knows best
IRS knows best
cops know best
FBI knows best
BP knows best
EPA knows best
and yet it's sooooo hard to tie together how all these fks use you for your money and health..........
She was too

Well that's one hell of a combo.

Gov. knows best
CDC knows best
IRS knows best
cops know best
FBI knows best
BP knows best
EPA knows best
She was too

If her attorney's weren't sheep zombies they could actually argue that fact, and get an expert up on stand admiring that is what these drugs do.

What's funny and oh how well set up it is, If this were used as a fact in this case the parents couldn't even sue big pharma over it, these sob's are almost always immune to law suites.

The very definition of manslaughter is taking another's life.
And where did you see that in the Massachusetts statutes?
Chapter 265
I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Can you link me to where it defines manslaughter in a way that defies general and federal consensus?
I think you could be on to something, but I failed to see where that link provided it. I didn't even consider the state possibly defining it differently.

The thing about this case that is so troubling is it sets a slippery slope for how accountable we should be for the effect of our words on another person. What makes it hard to step back from is that she is horrible, truely...she did a terrible thing. She's probably a sociopath.

We have to allow horrible people their right to free speech (such as the Westboro Baptists) even though we don't like them or their message.

We don't like *her* - but that should not influence whether or not she is guilty of manslaughter because of her words.

Very very hard and troubling.

When someone is trying to kill themselves, you have no responsibility to stop them. But encouraging them to proceed with killing themselves and telling him you will no longer be his girlfriend if he chickens out crosses the line

Emotional drivel. Why do you want to Inprison people when they don't break the law?

Far from it

The judge ruled it to be reckless behavior that resulted in someone elses death. It met the criteria for manslaughter
Suicide isn't legal!!
I'm sorry man. You just fail to point that out.

Far from it

Suicide isn't legal!!
The judge pointed it out in his decision. Extreme recklessness that resulted in her boyfriends death

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking fascist.

Far from it

Suicide isn't legal!!
The judge pointed it out in his decision. Extreme recklessness that resulted in her boyfriends death
Broken record.
Good day

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking fascist.
Your point?

What does that have to do with manslaughter?

Far from it

Suicide isn't legal!!
Broken record.
Good day
Yea...I'm with ya
You are pretty dense

Chapter 265
I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Can you link me to where it defines manslaughter in a way that defies general and federal consensus?
I think you could be on to something, but I failed to see where that link provided it. I didn't even consider the state possibly defining it differently.
There is no statutory definition of manslaughter in Massachusetts. Under Massachusetts common law, however, it's generally recognized as "an unintentional killing occasioned by an act which constitutes such a disregard of the probable harmful consequences to another as to be wanton or reckless; or an unintentional killing resulting from a battery."
In 1944, Barnett Welansky was convicted of involuntary manslaughter when his nightclub caught on fire and hundreds died because the fire escapes weren't up to code and he knew it. He wasn't even at the club, but the court ruled his (lack of) action was wanton and reckless.

A good overview is at Massachusetts Murder Defense - Involuntary Manslaughter

Fucking fascist.
Your point?

Your desire to criminalize speech is consistent with the fact that you are a Nazi.

Chapter 265
There is no statutory definition of manslaughter in Massachusetts. Under Massachusetts common law, however, it's generally recognized as "an unintentional killing occasioned by an act which constitutes such a disregard of the probable harmful consequences to another as to be wanton or reckless; or an unintentional killing resulting from a battery."
In 1944, Barnett Welansky was convicted of involuntary manslaughter when his nightclub caught on fire and hundreds died because the fire escapes weren't up to code and he knew it. He wasn't even at the club, but the court ruled his (lack of) action was wanton and reckless.

So you contend that words are "battery?"
:eek:

Fucking fascist.
Your point?

Your desire to criminalize speech is consistent with the fact that you are a Nazi.
You have no perception of what free speech is
Not even going to waste my time with you

Chapter 265

Excellent. A good argument
Point taken. However, isn't suicide intentional?
Also, words is still a big factor. Someone stated she helped plan it. I haven't seen that but I could see how that would apply. Worthy of a discussion in the least.

What if she had texted him that unless he killed another person, she would no longer be his girlfriend?
That would be accessory to murder

In this case she texted that unless he killed himself, she would no longer be his girlfriend
Makes her an accessory to the suicide....in this case voluntary manslaughter
Suicide isn't a crime. Apples and oranges
UNless you are psychologically controlling another.
Lol what? Is that even a thing?
Let me help you:

Power and control in abusive relationships (or controlling behaviour or coercive control) is the way that abusers gain and maintain control over a victim for an abusive purpose such as psychological, physical, sexual or financial abuse.

- Wikipedia

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior or perception of others through abusive, deceptive, or underhanded tactics.[1] By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive. The process of manipulation involves bringing an unknowing victim under the domination of the manipulator, often using deception, and using the victim to serve their own purposes
So all the men who tell their girlfriends to get late term abortions could go to prison..

sounds good to me.

I don't either. But this is about the law.

Ask yourself this. Would his guy be alive if not for he actions? I believe the answer beyond a reasonable doubt is yes.
Maybe. He has failed to kill himself before.. Apparently he has been ill for years.
But that doesn't mean what she did was illegal. She didn't force him to kill himself. He did that on his own.
No law was broken

The court disagrees.
And? He should step down. The very definition of manslaughter is taking another's life. Also the "reckless" behavior should be criminal.
No law was broken as suicide is legal.
This was an emotional judgement.
He should retire.

The only thing emotional here is - you, unable to understand her callous and illegal contribution to his death. Words can have very serious consequences.
You can't murder someone by talking to them.

She's a psychopath and he was a schizo.

They should have both been institutionalized before things got to this point.

Forum List

Back