Gitmo Hunger Strike reaches 100th day

The Founders spit on you. Article 3, Section 3 of the US Constitution exists for a reason, so does Habeas Corpus and the right to trial by jury.

The founders spit on vigilante nutjobs. I used to support Anon, until they went after zoophiles. Now I see them for what they are, vigilante nutjobs

Last edited:
The Founders spit on you. Article 3, Section 3 of the US Constitution exists for a reason, so does Habeas Corpus and the right to trial by jury.

The founders spit on vigilante nutjobs. I used to support Anon, until they went after zoophiles. Now I see them for what they are, vigilante nutjobs

So in other words, you have eagerly discarded Article 3, Section 3 (Treason), Habeas Corpus and the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Amendments?

k got it

also, would you mind telling us all the great and horrible things Anon has done?

Last edited:
Hey,I say let them starve to death. They all die and we can close gitmo It's a win win.

I believe they should be prosecuted for Treason and executed immediately.

THAT would be entirely fair. Sentenced to life, something, anything as long as it is done somewhat publicly and honestly.

The stain of Gitmo is probably a little darker on the W's legacy but Obama has not exactly closed the place. Then again I seem to recall a bunch of NIMBY going on during relocation talks.

Every time Gitmo is in the news the light from the Statue of Liberty dims just a little.

Why is there even an argument? Of course these prisoners have a right to starve themselves to death. Anyone who believes in an ounce of freedom would give them that.

This is the most ironically hilarious post of all time.

Hey, let's imprison these guys without habeas corpus, waterboard the living fuck out of them, deny them a real trial, completely destroy their lives, keep them in prison indefinitely without ever having to prove they belong there, but for God's sake let's not force them to eat. We believe in freedom!
You would have some points except that this has also been declared a form of torture. I guess it is okay to torture them further because it has already happened, right? Why not try and look at this situation without the need to imply someone on USMB is an idiot.
Every time anyone talks about putting these alleged criminals on trial and sending them to a US prison, some of the yellowest cowardly homos to ever walk the Earth from the Right start screaming in terror over the very prospect.

Oh...my...Gawd! Put them in prison...HERE!?!?! They'd be, like, a terrorist magnet...or something!

Never mind we have already tried and imprisoned a bunch of terrorists in US courts and put them in US prisons already. Ignore that!
But you glaze over the fact that many of these people cannot be tried because they are caught by the military – a force that is NOT trained in obtaining evidence for court, examining crime scenes and doing all the police work that is normally done in order to obtain the evidence that a court requires. When many of these individuals are caught, collecting evidence takes a back seat to not being killed. This subject is far more complex than you are letting on and I think that you know that.

Why is there even an argument? Of course these prisoners have a right to starve themselves to death. Anyone who believes in an ounce of freedom would give them that.

This is the most ironically hilarious post of all time.

Hey, let's imprison these guys without habeas corpus, waterboard the living fuck out of them, deny them a real trial, completely destroy their lives, keep them in prison indefinitely without ever having to prove they belong there, but for God's sake let's not force them to eat. We believe in freedom!

Liberals especially hold that every individual has the freedom to make life and death decisions for themselves. In some states it is the law. Are they competent to decide whether or not to end thier lives? That's the only question. If they are, the ordinary laws regarding assisted suicide should apply.

Force feeding on the other hand is a form of torture and has been held to be a form of torture by the united nations and recognized in muslim countries as a form of torture.

US: UN calls Guantanamo force-feeding "torture" | The Muslim NewsThe Muslim News

You might, in total ignorance, think that force feeding is putting them in front of a plate and telling them they can't get up until all the veggies are gone. Force feeding means a tube is inserted in the nose, forced through the sinus cavity, past the gag reflex and down into the stomach and then food is pressured through the tube. In order to perform this very painful procedure, the person's body is immobilized, the head is immobilized by leather straps. Sadly, when the tube goes through the gag reflex the person is lying down making retching an agony.

These men have the absolute right, as human beings, to decide to end their lives and should be afforded the dignity of choosing their own method of doing so.
You are mistaken about the process. For one, it does not cause any pain at all. It is rather uncomfortable and that is about it. They are not immobilized because it is painful; they are immobilized because they are fighting it. You can’t put that tube down a nose that won’t stand still. There is no ‘retching agony’ either. All in all, this is a fairly common procedure with no pain associated.

The reason that this is torture has nothing to do with pain. It is mental and the fact that we have essentially removed any semblance of free will from the prisoners at all. Not only are they there for life, not only can they not chose anything about their own fate, they can’t even decide to die.

They have to shut this place down - beginning to look like a concentration camp. Look at the influence the hunger strikers had on the Irish Republican movement in Northern Ireland. The longer it goes on, the bigger the recruitment drive will be.

Forum List

Back