Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

I've been noticing Christians get a pass on a lot more than just murder. Adultery too. How do they get away with murder? Besides the obvious us killing arabs for oil? Christian women get to have abortions and still go to heaven. In Christians eyes, abortion is murder. Yet many Christian women believe they are going to heaven even after they have had abortions. Why is that? Because they believe in Jesus? Because they are sorry? Well Atheist women are sorry too when they have abortions. But they go to hell for their sins. So Christians get a pass on murder. They also get to commit adultery apparently and still go to heaven. Matt 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who even looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
but you see, that is the difference between Christianity and your beliefs......you believe paradise should belong to those who do only good things (defined, I expect, as those things you do versus the bad things other people do)......

Christianity, on the other hand, argues that all who are disobedient are equally sinful, and the paradise is for those who believe in God......

the paradise of the Christian God will be filled with those who believe in him......your paradise will be populated by yourself......

Me Carla and Hollie will be happy in our heaven with bosses generic god.
what makes you think Carla is going to let you into her heaven?.......you may have done something she considers not "good" and you may not be welcome there.....and even if she does, how do you know her heaven even has indoor plumbing?.....do you really want an eternity of outhouses and corn cobs?.....

There is no heaven, not even for Carla.

In fact, this is as close to heaven as it gets!

pug-puppies-funny-wallpaper1.jpg

050920141409905994_1.jpg
Id like to believe a heaven exists but I know its just wishful thinking and no threats from any preacher or usmb theist is going to convince me otherwise

My suggestion is get a bunch of pugs and make your own heaven! LOL!

And try not to take life for granted.

but you see, that is the difference between Christianity and your beliefs......you believe paradise should belong to those who do only good things (defined, I expect, as those things you do versus the bad things other people do)......

Christianity, on the other hand, argues that all who are disobedient are equally sinful, and the paradise is for those who believe in God......

the paradise of the Christian God will be filled with those who believe in him......your paradise will be populated by yourself......

what makes you think Carla is going to let you into her heaven?.......you may have done something she considers not "good" and you may not be welcome there.....and even if she does, how do you know her heaven even has indoor plumbing?.....do you really want an eternity of outhouses and corn cobs?.....

050920141409905994_1.jpg
Id like to believe a heaven exists but I know its just wishful thinking and no threats from any preacher or usmb theist is going to convince me otherwise

I'm picturing peter griffin on that family guy episode where he was rolling around naked with a bunch of puppies.

050920141409905994_1.jpg

Actually god only loves Beagles. Beagles are the chosen breed.

050920141409905994_1.jpg

Actually god only loves Beagles. Beagles are the chosen breed.

Oh, I doubt that. LOL!

800139_1213978741.gif

I've been noticing Christians get a pass on a lot more than just murder. Adultery too. How do they get away with murder? Besides the obvious us killing arabs for oil? Christian women get to have abortions and still go to heaven. In Christians eyes, abortion is murder. Yet many Christian women believe they are going to heaven even after they have had abortions. Why is that? Because they believe in Jesus? Because they are sorry? Well Atheist women are sorry too when they have abortions. But they go to hell for their sins. So Christians get a pass on murder. They also get to commit adultery apparently and still go to heaven. Matt 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who even looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.
not everyone is stupid enough to believe that.....pretty much all atheists believe that......of course atheists are all pretty stupid......

The angry fundie who believes in magic is calling everyone stupid.
?????....I'm not calling everyone stupid......just the atheists......
Thats because you're a product of a hateful, angry ideology.
are you sure?....because it actually looks as if its because atheists are stupid......

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.
I have a question......why are you stupid enough to believe God approves of slavery?.......

Nope, doesn't sound like Gawd was against slavery.

Exodus 21 - These are the laws you are to set - Bible Gateway

Other Laws and Commands
21 Then God said to Moses, “These are the other laws that you will give to the people:

2 “If you buy a Hebrew slave, then that slave will serve for only six years. After six years, he will be free, and he will have to pay nothing. 3 If he is not married when he becomes your slave, when he becomes free, he will leave without a wife. But if the man is married when he becomes your slave, then he will keep his wife at the time he is made free. 4 If the slave is not married, the master can give him a wife. If that wife gives birth to sons or daughters, she and her children will belong to the master. After the slave is finished with his years of service, he will be made free.

I'm pretty sure that setting someone free after six years doesn't fall within the definition of slavery you are pretending it does.......
I'm pretty sure that the term "ignorance is bliss" applies to those religious zealots who presume that slavery is excused by their gawds.
since Carla is the one arguing slavery is excused by my "gawd", that means you're pretty sure the term "ignorance is bliss" applies to Carla......

So nothing is eternal except for God and your soul? Got it.
???.....I said nothing even remotely similar to that......I even granted that you and/or Carla had succeeded in creating your own beautiful (if lonely) eternal paradise........

This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.
not everyone is stupid enough to believe that.....pretty much all atheists believe that......of course atheists are all pretty stupid......

are you sure?....because it actually looks as if its because atheists are stupid......
I understand you're self-hating and angry but lashing out because you're unable to defend your position is childish.

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.
I have a question......why are you stupid enough to believe God approves of slavery?.......

Other Laws and Commands
21 Then God said to Moses, “These are the other laws that you will give to the people:

2 “If you buy a Hebrew slave, then that slave will serve for only six years. After six years, he will be free, and he will have to pay nothing. 3 If he is not married when he becomes your slave, when he becomes free, he will leave without a wife. But if the man is married when he becomes your slave, then he will keep his wife at the time he is made free. 4 If the slave is not married, the master can give him a wife. If that wife gives birth to sons or daughters, she and her children will belong to the master. After the slave is finished with his years of service, he will be made free.

I'm pretty sure that setting someone free after six years doesn't fall within the definition of slavery you are pretending it does.......
I'm pretty sure that the term "ignorance is bliss" applies to those religious zealots who presume that slavery is excused by their gawds.
since Carla is the one arguing slavery is excused by my "gawd", that means you're pretty sure the term "ignorance is bliss" applies to Carla......
No, it applies to you christian extremists. There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.

The invention of christianity occurred during a time when slavery was acceptable as a cultural dynamic and as a spoil of war. The bibles merely reflect the worldviews and experiences of the various men who wrote the tales and fables eventually to be compiled into a volume of books.

I understand you're self-hating and angry but lashing out because you're unable to defend your position is childish.
odd....why would that make you act stupidly?.......

There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.
well lets be fair....its only evidence of that if you're ignorant.....and I know you agree because you just called Carla ignorant for believing it......

There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.
well lets be fair....its only evidence of that if you're ignorant.....and I know you agree because you just called Carla ignorant for believing it......
You're perpetually befuddled. You should actually read your bibles in order to understand what's written in them. You were given explicit references to allowances for slavey that appear frequently in the bibles.

You promote your ignorance with vigor and stamina.

You're perpetually befuddled. You should actually read your bibles in order to understand what's written in them. You were given explicit references to allowances for slavey that appear frequently in the bibles.

Maybe his definition of slavery is not the same as your definition of slavery.

I'm afraid not. While posted in a different thread, I included specific references to biblical verses which included terms such as "buy", "keep"' " bequeath to", etc,. when referring to slaves. The context was clearly referring to people, ie: slaves, as mere property to be bought and sold.

I'm afraid not. While posted in a different thread, I included specific references to biblical verses which included terms such as "buy", "keep"' " bequeath to", etc,. when referring to slaves. The context was clearly referring to people, ie: slaves, as mere property to be bought and sold.

If the evidence is as you say, and he denies it says what it says, then maybe you're not dealing with an honest person.

If that is the case, you are wasting your time posting responses to him.

Of course, you may enjoy responding to him.......

If the evidence is as you say, and he denies it says what it says, then maybe you're not dealing with an honest person.

If that is the case, you are wasting your time posting responses to him.

Of course, you may enjoy responding to him.......
My personal experience is that religious extremists will hand-wave off that which conflicts with what they want their dogma to be, as opposed to what it is. It's a simple matter to search for biblical references that speak to keeping slaves. To ignore them or deny they exist is dishonest.

Other Laws and Commands

No, it applies to you christian extremists. There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.

The invention of christianity occurred during a time when slavery was acceptable as a cultural dynamic and as a spoil of war. The bibles merely reflect the worldviews and experiences of the various men who wrote the tales and fables eventually to be compiled into a volume of books.

Hi Hollie
And does this mean we should abolish govt and secular laws
because this not only "allowed for slavery" but DEFENDED the
right of "property owners to defend their property." Stealing or freeing
slaves was "against secular laws and upheld by courts, law enforcement,
banks that held the mortgages, and govt."

So where are your criticisms against all govt and secular laws,
not only for "allowing" slavery but enforcing property laws on slavery.

????

God/religion are just a construct for people to avoid responsibility. It should not be surprising if the things that get emphasized by religious folks are often those things most contrary to our natural consciences.

Agit8r
What about the responsibility for abortion?

According to many people's beliefs about "God's laws" this is killing and murder.
So to them it is the Liberal use of Govt that LEGALIZES "avoiding responsibility."

What about responsibility for addictions and damages caused by drug use?

Again, many people see the liberalized use of Govt to LEGALIZE drug use
as "avoiding responsibility."

Taxing more people forced to buy insurance
avoids addressing how our taxmoney we already spend
is abused on waste, instead of covering health care with the same resources.

Again, abusing Gov to keep charging more and more taxes and costs to the public and increasing the debts,
is seen as "avoiding responsibility" for addressing and ending the waste and abuse of taxpayer money.

God/religion are just a construct for people to avoid responsibility. It should not be surprising if the things that get emphasized by religious folks are often those things most contrary to our natural consciences.

Agit8r

According to many people's beliefs about "God's laws" this is killing and murder.
So to them it is the Liberal use of Govt that LEGALIZES "avoiding responsibility."

Those are just examples of government doing less.

Agit8r

Those are just examples of government doing less.

Agit8r
The govt could do less if people did more.
But not taking responsibility to research the effects and teach people not to do drugs, in order to prevent
damage to their brains and health, is going to create more work and cost even more.

Same with rejecting what Christians have been teaching and practicing
with spiritual healing that cures cancer, addictions, and causes of abuse and crime.

This could save more lives, health, minds and relationships for FREE
but NOOOOO
the liberals keep preaching to reject Christianity and push the costs
of problems (that could have been solved) into the govt for taxpayers to pay for.

that is creating MORE work for people to pay for through govt.
Not less.

You can decriminalize drugs, but still enforce requirements to prevent drug abuse by addressing addictions.

I'm sorry but I don't see the legalization crowd putting research into spiritual healing to cure addictions,
only into research for marijuana; when spiritual healing is more natural, free, with no side effects,
and cures a lot more diseases and conditions than marijuana does.

Sickening to push for profits while denying issues with abuse and addiction.

The solutions to the crime and prison problems will come from working with Christian churches and charities;
so as long as these are rejected by secular politics, it is costing society and taxpayers more money to deal with symptoms of problems that Christians have been solving for free.

Forum List

Back