Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

God/religion are just a construct for people to avoid responsibility. It should not be surprising if the things that get emphasized by religious folks are often those things most contrary to our natural consciences.

Agit8r
What about the responsibility for abortion?

According to many people's beliefs about "God's laws" this is killing and murder.
So to them it is the Liberal use of Govt that LEGALIZES "avoiding responsibility."

What about responsibility for addictions and damages caused by drug use?

Again, many people see the liberalized use of Govt to LEGALIZE drug use
as "avoiding responsibility."

Those are just examples of government doing less.

Agit8r
The govt could do less if people did more.
But not taking responsibility to research the effects and teach people not to do drugs, in order to prevent
damage to their brains and health, is going to create more work and cost even more.

Same with rejecting what Christians have been teaching and practicing
with spiritual healing that cures cancer, addictions, and causes of abuse and crime.

This could save more lives, health, minds and relationships for FREE
but NOOOOO
the liberals keep preaching to reject Christianity and push the costs
of problems (that could have been solved) into the govt for taxpayers to pay for.

that is creating MORE work for people to pay for through govt.
Not less.

You can decriminalize drugs, but still enforce requirements to prevent drug abuse by addressing addictions.

I'm sorry but I don't see the legalization crowd putting research into spiritual healing to cure addictions,
only into research for marijuana; when spiritual healing is more natural, free, with no side effects,
and cures a lot more diseases and conditions than marijuana does.

Sickening to push for profits while denying issues with abuse and addiction.

The solutions to the crime and prison problems will come from working with Christian churches and charities;
so as long as these are rejected by secular politics, it is costing society and taxpayers more money to deal with symptoms of problems that Christians have been solving for free.

Actually, the placebo effect is not reliable, and the more severe the condition, the less efficacy it has.

There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.
well lets be fair....its only evidence of that if you're ignorant.....and I know you agree because you just called Carla ignorant for believing it......
You're perpetually befuddled. You should actually read your bibles in order to understand what's written in them. You were given explicit references to allowances for slavey that appear frequently in the bibles.
"making allowances for"......sounds real gung ho, there.....God also "made allowances" for people who sinned to be redeemed.....does that mean he approved of sin?..........

There's ample evidence in the various bibles for your gawds providing an allowance for slavery.
well lets be fair....its only evidence of that if you're ignorant.....and I know you agree because you just called Carla ignorant for believing it......
You're perpetually befuddled. You should actually read your bibles in order to understand what's written in them. You were given explicit references to allowances for slavey that appear frequently in the bibles.

You promote your ignorance with vigor and stamina.

Maybe his definition of slavery is not the same as your definition of slavery.
I'm afraid not. While posted in a different thread, I included specific references to biblical verses which included terms such as "buy", "keep"' " bequeath to", etc,. when referring to slaves. The context was clearly referring to people, ie: slaves, as mere property to be bought and sold.

If the evidence is as you say, and he denies it says what it says, then maybe you're not dealing with an honest person.
on the other hand, if the evidence is not as she says and she continues to say it, then SHE is not an honest person.......

"making allowances for"......sounds real gung ho, there.....God also "made allowances" for people who sinned to be redeemed.....does that mean he approved of sin?..........
Cutting and pasting goofy slogans only reinforces you as the stereotype for the non-thinking religious extremist.

It's a simple matter to search for biblical references that speak to keeping slaves. To ignore them or deny they exist is dishonest.
several have already been quoted here.....such as the OT requirement that a slave be released after the six years of labor he had contracted for......and the instruction Paul gave to Philemon to take his run away slave back not as a slave but as a brother in Christ......but then I guess an extremist would wave off that evidence because it conflicted with her atheist dogma........

Cutting and pasting goofy slogans only reinforces you as the stereotype for the non-thinking religious extremist.
lol....it was YOUR goofy slogan......

It's a simple matter to search for biblical references that speak to keeping slaves. To ignore them or deny they exist is dishonest.
several have already been quoted here.....such as the OT requirement that a slave be released after the six years of labor he had contracted for......and the instruction Paul gave to Philemon to take his run away slave back not as a slave but as a brother in Christ......but then I guess an extremist would wave off that evidence because it conflicted with her atheist dogma........
And like a brain dead zealot, you ignore the allowances for slaves, sex slaves and the buying / selling of humans that are littered in the various bibles.

You're the Chinese menu variety of religious extremists.

Making allowances for slavery and sex slaves are not slogans, they're commandments from the gawds in your bibles.

And like a brain dead zealot, you ignore the allowances for slaves, sex slaves and the buying / selling of humans that are littered in the various bibles.
there aren't that many "allowances" and none of them show approval of slavery.....

Making allowances for slavery and sex slaves are not slogans, they're commandments from the gawds in your bibles.

really?.....we missed number 11?......what verse was it hiding in?.....

really?.....we missed number 11?......what verse was it hiding in?.....
It was hiding in the errors, omissions and contradictions that litter the bibles.

We've got a new champion of slavery, as long as it's only for 6 years.

10406424_1454254874833752_9198680134874496461_n.jpg

there aren't that many "allowances" and none of them show approval of slavery.....

Only directions on how to sell your daughter....

God/religion are just a construct for people to avoid responsibility. It should not be surprising if the things that get emphasized by religious folks are often those things most contrary to our natural consciences.

Agit8r

According to many people's beliefs about "God's laws" this is killing and murder.
So to them it is the Liberal use of Govt that LEGALIZES "avoiding responsibility."

Agit8r
But not taking responsibility to research the effects and teach people not to do drugs, in order to prevent
damage to their brains and health, is going to create more work and cost even more.

with spiritual healing that cures cancer, addictions, and causes of abuse and crime.

but NOOOOO
of problems (that could have been solved) into the govt for taxpayers to pay for.

Not less.

You can decriminalize drugs, but still enforce requirements to prevent drug abuse by addressing addictions.

I'm sorry but I don't see the legalization crowd putting research into spiritual healing to cure addictions,
only into research for marijuana; when spiritual healing is more natural, free, with no side effects,

The solutions to the crime and prison problems will come from working with Christian churches and charities;
so as long as these are rejected by secular politics, it is costing society and taxpayers more money to deal with symptoms of problems that Christians have been solving for free.

Actually, the placebo effect is not reliable, and the more severe the condition, the less efficacy it has.

Dear Agit8r
I'm not talking about the placebo effect -- that has never healed cancer, alcohol and drug addictions, much less healed anyone of sexual abuse, unwanted homosexual attractions, or other conditions where medicine by itself is not enough, but spiritual healing has successfully cured.

If you are talking about the fraudulent type of faith healing, that's the opposite of what I mean.
If you have no knowledge of the effective natural types of spiritual healing that are consistent with medicine and science, you should not be arguing about Christianity or spiritual teachings until you know what you are talking about.

A lot of Christians do not understand this level of spiritual healing, and the impact of forgiveness on healing not only the mind and body, but also relationships.

So if you keep basing your perception of Christianity on the people who don't forgive, don't heal their own relationships, and are missing the whole point, purpose and process, then you are missing it also.

I posted a link on other threads that explains how the Christian healing process has even helped people to change their orientation when this wasn't natural for them. No "placebo effect" will work; this takes deep forgiveness and spiritual therapy to change from the inside out and become a new person. You can't fake spiritual healing, because you can't fake true forgiveness that must be freely chosen and can't be forced.

Thanks for explaining why you don't get this. Don't worry, a lot of Christians don't get it either and that's why it isn't taught or practiced consistently. I found that thread and posted it here:
How To Defeat Homosexual Activists 101 A Real Education Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If you can understand how this approach is different from ones that don't work, you would even be ahead of Christians who are teaching their own faith wrong by judging and not forgiving.
Thank you, A!

Last edited:

Agit8r

Agit8r

but NOOOOO

Not less.

Dear Agit8r
I'm not talking about the placebo effect -- that has never healed cancer, alcohol and drug addictions, much less healed anyone of sexual abuse, unwanted homosexual attractions, or other conditions where medicine by itself is not enough, but spiritual healing has successfully cured.

If you are talking about the fraudulent type of faith healing, that's the opposite of what I mean.
If you have no knowledge of the effective natural types of spiritual healing that are consistent with medicine and science, you should not be arguing about Christianity or spiritual teachings until you know what you are talking about.

A lot of Christians do not understand this level of spiritual healing, and the impact of forgiveness on healing not only the mind and body, but also relationships.

So if you keep basing your perception of Christianity on the people who don't forgive, don't heal their own relationships, and are missing the whole point, purpose and process, then you are missing it also.

I posted a link on other threads that explains how the Christian healing process has even helped people to change their orientation when this wasn't natural for them. No "placebo effect" will work; this takes deep forgiveness and spiritual therapy to change from the inside out and become a new person. You can't fake spiritual healing, because you can't fake true forgiveness that must be freely chosen and can't be forced.

Thanks for explaining why you don't get this. Don't worry, a lot of Christians don't get it either and that's why it isn't taught or practiced consistently. I found that thread and posted it here:
How To Defeat Homosexual Activists 101 A Real Education Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If you can understand how this approach is different from ones that don't work, you would even be ahead of Christians who are teaching their own faith wrong by judging and not forgiving.
Thank you, A!

Spiritual healing has never cured anyone of homosexual attraction, any more than it can cure heterosexual attraction.

So, there's a fraudulent type of faith healing, then there is your type. LOL. Okey doke!

Spiritual healing has never cured anyone of homosexual attraction, any more than it can cure heterosexual attraction.
Carla_Danger

Yes, both happen, when the person is naturally homosexual and comes out that way,
or naturally heterosexual and comes out that way after healing. Some decide they are transgender, or not transgender, some change their minds about being bisexual or not:
De Blasio s wife Chirlane McCray talks about lesbian past - NY Daily News

Read the link I posted for Agit8r
Drs. Francis and Judith MacNutt explain it very honestly how voluntary spiritual therapy works for certain people in certain cases. They have a legitimate nonprofit ministry, have published books including HEALING that is used as a standard text in seminary, and also the book "Homosexuality: Can it be healed".

Here are some testimonies of some people with varying degrees in changing or not changing which depends on the person:
People Can Change - An alternative healing response to unwanted homosexual desires.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But that doesn't negate or invalidate the experiences of people who did change their lifestyles to what they felt was more natural for them.

Carla_Danger

Yes, both happen, when the person is naturally homosexual and comes out that way,
or naturally heterosexual and comes out that way after healing. Some decide they are transgender, or not transgender, some change their minds about being bisexual or not:

Drs. Francis and Judith MacNutt explain it very honestly how voluntary spiritual therapy works for certain people in certain cases. They have a legitimate nonprofit ministry, have published books including HEALING that is used as a standard text in seminary, and also the book "Homosexuality: Can it be healed".

Here are some testimonies of some people with varying degrees in changing or not changing which depends on the person:
People Can Change - An alternative healing response to unwanted homosexual desires.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But that doesn't negate or invalidate the experiences of people who did change their lifestyles to what they felt was more natural for them.

Ridiculous!

Carla_Danger

Ridiculous!

Carla_Danger
Not for the people who experience these things for themselves.
Now you know how people feel who can't understand
"how someone in a male body can have a female personality"
or "how someone can say they were born gay or born transgender"
They think it is impossible also.
Now you know.

So if you want someone else to open up their minds to understand
how "SOME people" don't fit the model in their minds they think is true for all people and all cases,
that is like asking YOU to open YOUR mind that other cases are possible. And they aren't all the same as you think!

If you want others to change their perceptions, start with yours.
And if you cannot change yours, now you know why they can't change theirs.
Not fair to judge either side for not getting how this could be so!

Forum List

Back