Glen Beck packs a full House: Lincoln Memorial

Avatar: "That's why Christ didn't preach those things. He didn't preach government health care. He actually went and healed the sick. Then He gave His disciples power to do likewise. // Christ didn't preach government housing. He went out and built the housing for them. And taught people to do likewise. // Christ didnt preach government handouts of food. He went and gave the hungry food. Then taught them how to satisfy the hunger of the Soul. // Christ taught individuals the principles they need to connect with God and be lifted up. // They don't understand Christ. The Darkness doesn't comprehend the light."

You don't understand your church's history of communalism doing exactly those things, Avatar, and you certainly don't follow King Benjamin's commands in Mosiah 4 of the Book of Mormon.

16 And also, ye yourselves will asuccor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the bbeggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
17 Perhaps thou shalt asay: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
19 For behold, are we not all abeggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

You are the man that Benjamin advises in verses 17 and 18 from doing exactly what you counsel against.

Both you and Beck are out of step with your own church.

More than 87K?

So says the RightWing HACKS!!

I don't believe you.

Provide PROOF!

Well you could look at the pictures. Or look at the video of the Rally that has been posted multiple times.

Or you could just remain in denial.

It was packed just from the Lincoln Memorial to the WW2 memorial. That's an estimated 200,000. That's not including the people in the overflow. (equally packed). Or in the WW2 Memorial itself. or between the WW2 memorial and the Washington Monument.

Please StupidCon...I've NEVER seen you say ne'er the disparaging word about a fellow Con in all my boardlife.

:rolleyes:
then either you havent read enough of my posts, or you are LYING

but you are one of the biggest HACKS i have ever seen

Avatar: "That's why Christ didn't preach those things. He didn't preach government health care. He actually went and healed the sick. Then He gave His disciples power to do likewise. // Christ didn't preach government housing. He went out and built the housing for them. And taught people to do likewise. // Christ didnt preach government handouts of food. He went and gave the hungry food. Then taught them how to satisfy the hunger of the Soul. // Christ taught individuals the principles they need to connect with God and be lifted up. // They don't understand Christ. The Darkness doesn't comprehend the light."

You don't understand your church's history of communalism doing exactly those things, Avatar, and you certainly don't follow King Benjamin's commands in Mosiah 4 of the Book of Mormon.

16 And also, ye yourselves will asuccor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the bbeggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
17 Perhaps thou shalt asay: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
19 For behold, are we not all abeggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

You are the man that Benjamin advises in verses 17 and 18 from doing exactly what you counsel against.

Both you and Beck are out of step with your own church.

Hardly. He is reinforcing what I am saying.

It's the individuals responsibility. Not the governments.

Please StupidCon...I've NEVER seen you say ne'er the disparaging word about a fellow Con in all my boardlife.

Every pic or video I saw of the rally showed a full mall. The mall is supposed to hold over 100,000. There were people in the adjoining areas. Do the math.

That is not what Benjamin is saying at all, because he is the government, Avatar.

You are out of step with your church.

Every pic or video I saw of the rally showed a full mall. The mall is supposed to hold over 100,000. There were people in the adjoining areas. Do the math.

The math that this administration expects us to believe would say that 2+2= 8

That explains why they think there was less than 100K there.... go figure
:cuckoo:

then either you havent read enough of my posts, or you are LYING

but you are one of the biggest HACKS i have ever seen

Then you either have not read enough of my posts or you are LYING!
i said "one of the biggest"
not "the biggest"
you are not to rdean, jokestarkey, zona, chris, or Mr Charmin, status, yet
but you can work harder and get there

The math that this administration expects us to believe would say that 2+2= 8

That explains why they think there was less than 100K there.... go figure
:cuckoo:
yeah 2+2=8 if its an Obama rally but 2+2=1 if its a conservatives rally

gotta remember, its "fuzzy math"
;)

Glenn Beck has emerged from the summer of 2010 as the single most influential, divisive, and ultimately fascinating figure within the pantheon of media elite. And make no mistake, love him or despise him, Glenn Beck is indeed now among the media elite – even if many within that same media loath such a reality.

Beck Rally a Huge Success | Newsflavor

LOL how can anyone claim he had a "full house" or even try to brag about the number of people there when the high and low numbers are less than those of "The Million Man March" which the right attacked based on it's size (400,000 to 837,000)??
Or how about "The March for Women's Lives" in 2004 that had a low range of 800,000 and a high range of 1.15 million and was criticized and minimized by the right??
They must have been looking at pictures or something

article-1306961-0AF38360000005DC-7_634x420.jpg

It looks like there is still room more people there though.

Glenn-Becks-Restoring-Honor.jpg

Way to avoid an argument that you can't spin. LOL

Fact is that the right has made a habit out of criticizing the size of left supported events which were larger in size than beck's.
So let's just say that it would be less than honest to try and talk up beck's event that was smaller in size than events that the right has criticized in the past.

Let the numbers speak for themselves.

beck's range: 150,000-500,000

Million Man range: 400,000-837,000

March for Women's lives range: 800,000-1.15 million

Did you understand it that time or do you need to have it spelled out for you??

That is not what Benjamin is saying at all, because he is the government, Avatar.

LoL. You can't take the passage out of context and pretend I'm wrong.

King Benjamin is telling the people that THEY need to do these things. They need to serve their neighbors. They need to lift each other up.

Nothing about the Government doing it.

I watched part of his speach. He appeared to be on some kind of psycadelic. Delusional.
Actually, that's fairly-typical......​

"Alcoholism can also produce symptoms similar to those of dementia -- forgetfulness, reduced attention, confusion. If incorrectly identified, such symptoms may lead to unnecessary institutionalization."

Glenn+Beck+as+Jesus.jpg
ok moron, show the scripture where Jesus said to have the GOVERNMENT do those things

ok moron, show the scripture where Jesus said to have the GOVERNMENT NOT do those things

LoL. You can't take the passage out of context and pretend I'm wrong.

King Benjamin is telling the people that THEY need to do these things. They need to serve their neighbors. They need to lift each other up.

Nothing about the Government doing it.

You are not interpreting that at all. I suggest seriously that you go to lds.org, research the verse, research the church's stand on social justice, and you research your church's commitment to communalism. You can't spin out of it.

If you are a member or sympathizer of the John Birch Society, remember that your membership is in danger of church action.

divecon can't do it. Jesus did say render unto God what belongs to God, and unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

I don't know if GB had a "full house" but he had a good house that was in tune with his message.

The question is this: will that "house" translate into Tea Party seats in the Senate that will have an effect on Obama's administrative and legislative goals.

Considering it was attended by people in both parties and not affiliated with the Tea Party and it was a complete apolitical rally, my guess is no.

After all, that wasnt the intent of the event.

Let's straight here, Avatar. The crowd was overwhelmingly white, right and far, with very few Dems or minorities of color. I think that some of that will affirmatively affect three or four seats in the House and possibly one in the Senate. That is not shabby for starters.

It's obvious you didn't attend the event. You, like Ravi and truthdontmatter should not speak of things that you know nothing of.

ok moron, show the scripture where Jesus said to have the GOVERNMENT do those things

ok moron, show the scripture where Jesus said to have the GOVERNMENT NOT do those things
"render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's"

btw, Jesus did tell SOME to do that, and it wasn't the government
you seem to want the government to usurp the responsibility from those who WERE commanded to do that

Last edited:

Forum List

Back