🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Glen Campbell dead

Country music’s legendary rhinestone cowboy, Glen Campbell, is taking his last bow this fall. The 78-year-old, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2011, said farewell to fans on a Goodbye Tour in 2012, but this week marked the official sunset of Campbell’s professional music career.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
My favorite song by him ... heart breaking ... gut wrenching ... I grew up during the era of Viet Nam.

And I have also been to Galveston.

I am not however afraid of dying.

As long as I can take 10 enemy with me -- the USMC rule -- that's fine with me.

Semper Fi.

So sad. I remember my mom was the one that told me he had Alzheimer's. Little did we know that she would end up with it too, and die from it before he did.

So sad. I remember my mom was the one that told me he had Alzheimer's. Little did we know that she would end up with it too, and die from it before he did.

It truly is a heartless disease. May she RIP as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
RIP Glen Cambell.

The icons of my youth are dwindling. It helps put life into perspective knowing I've already lived more days than the days have left to live. Yet there is time left to hold those that are dear close and love them before it's all over. And mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!

Last edited:
glen-campbell.jpg

RIP Glenn...

I'd known he was a mega sessions player and played on some of the biggest hits out there in the 60's but was surprised to find out
the Beach Boys actually wanted Campbell to join the band after he toured with them but he was already working on his solo career.

"Campbell's guitar acumen and versatility made him an essential player on Los Angeles' thriving recording scene in the 1960s as part of the loose-knit session musician collective the Wrecking Crew, and he contributed to sessions for Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Rick Nelson, The Mamas and the Papas, Merle Haggard and many more. Campbell couldn’t read music, but he quickly became a respected, first-call player.

He played on Elvis Presley’s “Viva Las Vegas,” The Monkees’ “I'm a Believer,” Sinatra’s “Strangers in the Night” and more. He played 12-string guitar on the Beach Boys’ “Sloop John B.,” and toured with the Beach Boys in 1965, as a replacement for the band’s troubled and reclusive leader, Brian Wilson.

Campbell was invited to join the Beach Boys as a full-time member in 1965, but he declined that opportunity. By then, he was set on establishing a solo career of his own."

Glen Campbell, 'Rhinestone Cowboy' singer, dead at 81

Forum List

Back