Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

you again miss the point. he publicized it in order to draw attention to his charity for the victims. due to his publicizing it, he has raised over a million dollars.

you never bitch when dems have public fundraisers or help victims, you're a whiny hypocrite.

You actually believe I'm required to approve or disapprove every time a "dem" (or anyone) holds a fundraiser and report it to you??

Are you insane?

no...never said you were required to do anything. however, your lack of disapproval simply proves your faux outrage over beck helping people out. it shows you're intellectually dishonest.

just look at your post, you completely ignored the fact the publicity was to generate money for the victims. you're so dishonest and such a hack, you can't address the truth.

You confirmed what I just said: if I'm not required to report to you on every fundraiser, then where the fuck do you get off declaring my "lack of disapproval" is about issues you can't possibly know about? Who the fuck are you?? Have you read every post I've made? Here and elsewhere?

You are insane.

I can't find a credible link or any pics of Beck being there, let alone bring "truckloads"...

2 trucks.
It's just the beginning of many trucks.
Mercury One.org did 10 truck loads to New York for Hurricane Sandy.

web site with pictures
Glenn gives his account of the devastation and resilience in Oklahoma ? Glenn Beck

And he is doing it despite lack of national televsiion, radio, or press coverage. He naturally has to get word out to get the donations though, so it is pretty hard to fault him or question his motives for that. I liked that he gave some publicity to the Minutemen relief effort that is similar to what they are doing with Mercury One.

My instincts are to believe he is the real deal, is using his face and name, both universally recognized in the USA, to get the attention that donations are being collected, and he's getting in the donations.

And I'm guessing those who would accuse or demonize him for doing it are doing pretty much. . .well. . . nothing.

Not necessarily. Some were sent on assignment. It's their job, and they don't really have much choice on whether they can go or not. They're drawing a paycheck, and that's a condition of their employment. One can argue that there's too many people reporting from Moore, and/or they may be getting in the way, or that they're soaking up too much of the resources which victims or rescue personnel could use.

But Beck is a media empire unto himself. And while that simple fact is disturbing in and off itself, that doesn't alter the fact that Beck could choose whether to go at this point in time or wait for a few weeks until the immediacy of the emergency is past. He certainly wasn't needed to pass out packages of food and other supplies.

IMHO, Beck is basically using the tragedy to build his image and further his professional interests.

So it's disturbing to have an independent news and information channel not beholding to anyone else, like the rest of our corporate owned news channels? Hmmmmmmmm

Glenn Beck -- news? When has he ever done news?

He did the same thing with Hurricane Sandy and then reported about it on his 2 shows.
No one seemed to have a problem when he did it for the New York.
Now all of a sudden it's a big problem when he has gone to Oklahoma.

He must have done a better job of it in NJ because I didn't hear about it. Perhaps he figured "lesson learned" and pumped up the volume? ;)

That's kind of the weird part. We should be concerned with the people of Oklahoma (or New Jersey etc) -- not with whether some egomaniac televangelist gets his headlines.

You really should not believe all that you hear by left who hate him.
If he actually was an egomaniac televangelist people would not be watching him or supporting his channel. Especially the libertarians who do watch him.
I certainly would not watch his show if he really was what you claim.
I for one can not stand any of those egomaniac televangelists and I refuse to watch them.

He did the exact same thing when he went to New Jersey and reported about it just like he is doing now.
The difference is New Jersey is blue and Oklahoma is red.

So...

As the day has worn on...

glenn-beck-george-washington.jpg

Have we lionized Glenn Beck yet?

Or nominated him for Sainthood?

Inquiring minds don't want to know... :eusa_whistle:

25+ pages on this already... yikes... just toooooo weird... :wtf:

I believe God Herself is scheduled to float down in a few minutes on a giant flaming pie and give Beck a big sloppy kiss while Paul McCartney flies in to sing "Get Beck".

I bet he's traveling with an onion in his pocket so he can cry on cue again.

If that's cynical, well so be it. The man just has way too much history to be taken at face value.

Don't forget to buy gold now...

This is why he goes to these disasters.

Every dollar raised will go 100% to Moore and that’s one of the reasons why we’re on the ground now, to see where that money should go. Who needs it? Who’s not going to waist your money? Who’s going to make the most of that dollar?

This is why he goes to these disasters.

Every dollar raised will go 100% to Moore and that’s one of the reasons why we’re on the ground now, to see where that money should go. Who needs it? Who’s not going to waist your money? Who’s going to make the most of that dollar?

As an ordinary private citizen, Glenn Beck could put out a call for donations for whatever and most people would think he was panhandling. But with a name and face famlliar to most people in the free world and a bonafide 5013(c) charity to take the funds, he can tweet the needs and raise millions. I simply don't see how that is a bad thing.

And I think those who are accusing and demonizing him look like hypocrites unless they also accuse and demonize sports figures, movie stars, and music icons who do benefits for this or that cause, all with a hell of a lot more publicity than what Beck is getting.

You actually believe I'm required to approve or disapprove every time a "dem" (or anyone) holds a fundraiser and report it to you??

Are you insane?

no...never said you were required to do anything. however, your lack of disapproval simply proves your faux outrage over beck helping people out. it shows you're intellectually dishonest.

just look at your post, you completely ignored the fact the publicity was to generate money for the victims. you're so dishonest and such a hack, you can't address the truth.

You confirmed what I just said: if I'm not required to report to you on every fundraiser, then where the fuck do you get off declaring my "lack of disapproval" is about issues you can't possibly know about? Who the fuck are you?? Have you read every post I've made? Here and elsewhere?

You are insane.

translation:

i have never criticized dems doing what i bitch about beck doing

the fact you have not denied it, means i'm absolutely right. all you can do is get pissy, IGNORE the fact about raising awareness for his charity...you're a dishonest hack. period.

So it's disturbing to have an independent news and information channel not beholding to anyone else, like the rest of our corporate owned news channels? Hmmmmmmmm

Glenn Beck -- news? When has he ever done news?

He did the same thing with Hurricane Sandy and then reported about it on his 2 shows.

He must have done a better job of it in NJ because I didn't hear about it. Perhaps he figured "lesson learned" and pumped up the volume? ;)

That's kind of the weird part. We should be concerned with the people of Oklahoma (or New Jersey etc) -- not with whether some egomaniac televangelist gets his headlines.

You really should not believe all that you hear by left who hate him.
If he actually was an egomaniac televangelist people would not be watching him or supporting his channel. Especially the libertarians who do watch him.
I certainly would not watch his show if he really was what you claim.
I for one can not stand any of those egomaniac televangelists and I refuse to watch them.

He did the exact same thing when he went to New Jersey and reported about it just like he is doing now.
The difference is New Jersey is blue and Oklahoma is red.

Just to clarify, by "televangelist" I'm referring to Beck himself -- he famously declared "I'm turning into a frickin' televangelist". Maybe I assumed that passage was well known, but that's his own self-assessment (and I think an accurate one). He's also described himself as a "rodeo clown", with which I also agree. He is a clown, and he's worked very hard every day to acquire and feed that reputation. So I take him seriously (on that quest).

But some apparently are watching him, warts and all, and no I can't explain that -- it seems some are born followers that need some kind of deity to tell them what to think. I dunno, the concept is bizarre.

But aside from all that, just personally, anyone that thinks the world revolves around him sets my red flags off immediately. That's all there is to this, whether it's Glenn Beck or Paul McCartney.

-- even if some partisan hacks (see Yurt immediately above) are determined to make this into a political issue. Apparently it's beyond their capacity.

Last edited:
We understand Pogo. Beck believes in God, threfore he is scum and is evil if he tries to use his name recognition and influence to help people.

Same thing with all of the other people who were there reporting on the destruction.

Not necessarily. Some were sent on assignment. It's their job, and they don't really have much choice on whether they can go or not. They're drawing a paycheck, and that's a condition of their employment. One can argue that there's too many people reporting from Moore, and/or they may be getting in the way, or that they're soaking up too much of the resources which victims or rescue personnel could use.

But Beck is a media empire unto himself. And while that simple fact is disturbing in and off itself, that doesn't alter the fact that Beck could choose whether to go at this point in time or wait for a few weeks until the immediacy of the emergency is past. He certainly wasn't needed to pass out packages of food and other supplies.

IMHO, Beck is basically using the tragedy to build his image and further his professional interests.

Beck isn't about news. He's about self-promotion and fanning the flames of fear through his incessant promotion of interlocking conspiracy theories which he claims to have some kind of special insight to discern. Beck exploits the fear and ignorance of others in order to enrich himself. If Beck had more of a mainstream reputation, I would still be suspicious of his motives for showing up after a natural disaster with a few supplies and a camera to catch any touching moment that might take place. But anyone who engages in the kind of fear-mongering schtick that Beck engages in on the air should always be suspected of having ulterior motives when he tries to present himself as a man of the people.

Last edited:
We understand Pogo. Beck believes in God, threfore he is scum and is evil if he tries to use his name recognition and influence to help people.

.... huh?? :confused:

Where did anyone bring in "God" ?? :disbelief:

Beck believes in Beck. That's my only issue. Period. Nothing to do with "God", nothing to do with "politics" or "dems", certainly nothing to do with Oklahoma. Beck lives in the state of Megalomania. Would that a tornado would come and devastate that state. We'd all be better off.

Your trying to insert a "God" strawman is as unfair as Yurt inserting "dem" fundraisers. I didn't bring up or even hint at either one.

Last edited:
Those commits were jokes Pogo and was totally taken out of context when it was reported by others.

Liars never tell their audience to go and do their own research and to do their own fact checking.
Glenn Beck tell his viewers to always look it up for themselves and don't just take his word for it.
Self reliance is not liked by the left at all and they demonize anyone who teaches it.

So...

As the day has worn on...

glenn-beck-george-washington.jpg

Have we lionized Glenn Beck yet?

Or nominated him for Sainthood?

Inquiring minds don't want to know... :eusa_whistle:

25+ pages on this already... yikes... just toooooo weird... :wtf:

It is really strange that the left wing nuts on this board can give no credit to a conservative for his giving nature. It is a well known fact that conservatives are much more charitable than the liberals, I just never understood on why they have to try and throw a wrench into the spokes. You goofballs are priceless, I can't pay to get better entertainment than I'm getting from you. :clap2:

Last edited:

.... huh?? :confused:

Where did anyone bring in "God" ?? :disbelief:

Beck believes in Beck. That's my only issue. Period. Nothing to do with "God", nothing to do with "politics" or "dems", certainly nothing to do with Oklahoma. Beck lives in the state of Megalomania. Would that a tornado would come and devastate that state. We'd all be better off.

Your trying to insert a "God" strawman is as disingenuous as Yurt inserting "dem" fundraisers. I didn't bring up or even hint at either one.

You are the one who brought up the label of televangelist. Would that be a straw man? I bet you couldn't put that line into its proper context if your life depended on it. (You'll probably look it up now though. I did look it up because I had not heard that line associated with him before.)

But in fairness to you, I was drawing on experience with you in other discussions in which, to the best of my knowledge, you have NEVER allowed anybody to be at all religious without some kind of critical comment about that. So I did bristle when it was obvious (to me) that you were referring to Beck in that light. If I misjudged your motive there, I apologize.

But I won't apologize for seeing your continued snipping and accusations and criticism of Glenn Beck as petty, hateful, and dishonest however much you don't see them that way yourself. It is small to be so judgmental of a person that you will attempt to make him look bad rather than acknowledge that he has done and is doing a good thing with his relief efforts.

photo.jpg

I look forward to more Beck photo ops. Will Beckerheads be as appreciative of President Obama providing disaster relief?

Whatssssss itsss gotsss in its pocketesssssssss?

I didn't think you were supposed to troll in this forum, Bo. But, you really never did catch on to the few rules we have....very sad.

Those commits were jokes Pogo and was totally taken out of context when it was reported by others.

Liars never tell their audience to go and do their own research and to do their own fact checking.
Glenn Beck tell his viewers to always look it up for themselves and don't just take his word for it.
Self reliance is not liked by the left at all and they demonize anyone who teaches it.

"Self reliance" indeed. Where would Beck be without his swastikas?

"Jokes"? No, I saw this on a video, and he was doing his blubbering act, not "joking".

Here's the bottom line, Peach: Glenn Beck is a bullshit artist. A completely insincere con artist. And con artists raise my hackles. Obviously I'm not a disciple, but then I'm not much of a follower in general.

"Rodeo clown" can be seen in this fine compendium of said hucksterism (several times) starting at 5:36:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYg-OJXapYQ]Requiem for a Rodeo Clown - YouTube[/ame]

Hard to take that anywhere near seriously. He's also noted, again accurately, "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." Yet some do. Go figure :dunno:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back