Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

Suuuuuure. :eusa_whistle:

Better not to talk out your ass, I think.

The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."[7]

You're welcome.

2003 Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia....lol

I was there....with the FAMILIES who had to wait an extra day for their loved ones to dock because of Bush's photo op....and....it was the WH who paid for and put up that banner.

Really. I'm supposed to believe you were there.

There was a quote in my post. That means they actually said what was posted, regardless of where it was cited.

All in favor of not allowing Bodecea to turn this thread into another "I hate Bush" thread please raise their hands?. . .

Now then, I just watched Shepherd Smith interviewing Toby Keith at Moore, Oklahoma. Toby said he was there to help anyway he could and would help the way he knew best how to help. . . he too is planning to have a benefit. Should he be condemned and accused of grand standing, self serving, limelight seeking behavior? Or is it only Glenn Beck who must be accused of that?

Oddly enough, even though Glenn continues to be a contributor at Fox News, he has not been on camera there. Which suggests to me that he is definitely not seeking out cameras as they would certainly give him some air time if he did.

The president will be in Oklahoma that's expected it will interesting to see if any of the Hollywood elite show up there or do a big benefit concert for Oklahoma like they did for Sandy.

Blake Shelton already announced one.

Yes. He was talking about it a couple of nights ago on 'The Voice' and said how hard it was to stay and do the show knowing all that had happened in Oklahoma.

CNN) -- Oklahoma native Blake Shelton is the first entertainer to announce a benefit for tornado victims in his home state.

After Tuesday night's taping of "The Voice," the country music superstar told CNN, "We are actually putting together a fund-raiser right now with NBC. We'll have more details within the next 24 hours, but definitely something with NBC that is going to happen real fast, and hopefully raise a lot of money."

The revelation came after he and his wife, Miranda Lambert, sang an especially poignant rendition of their hit "Over You," which the couple wrote as a tribute to Shelton's brother, who died when Shelton was a teenager.

"'Over You' was just the perfect song to fit, and maybe help some people heal and mourn and all those things," Shelton said.

Shelton revealed he had a personal connection to the community with the most devastation.

"(Monday) was a tough day for any Oklahoman," he said. "And you know, Miranda and I are both residents of Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Oklahoma there and Miranda lives there now. It was tough to land here in LA and look at (media coverage) on the phone and go, 'Oh my gosh, we just left there.'"

The country singer said he has family very near some of the hardest hit areas.

"I spent three Christmases at my sister's house in Moore, Oklahoma, and some of those helicopter views of the destruction, you could see her house a quarter of a mile away from there," Shelton said. "My nieces and nephews would have gone to that school (Plaza Towers Elementary), and when you start putting it in that sort of perspective, and then thinking, 'Oh my God, I am so glad that they recently moved away from that area.' And then you go, 'What about all those people that didn't?' It's hard to put into words, honestly."
Blake Shelton: I'm planning a benefit with NBC for tornado victims - CNN.com
Now I ask you. Does anybody have a problem with Blake doing this? Do you think he is grandstanding, glory seeking, camera mugging? Or is this more likely an honest and heartfelt effort to give what he has most of--face, name recognition, and ability to draw crowds and star power for a benefit?

And if you can accept Blake's motives are okay, why can't Glenn Beck receive the same acceptance?

Shelton spent 3 Christmases at his sister's house in Moore, OK. What do you think it looks like? To me, it looks like a man who has ties to the community already. He's also a resident of OK. As is his wife. And as far as the article goes, there's no indication that he intends to show up there with a camera crew in tow.

I'm thinking Obama, wearing a flight suit and leading a convoy of 1000 trucks

Behind him is a huge banner saying "Mission Accomplished"

Inspirational or what?

Agreed, with one condition: I want to watch--live--Obama trying to drive a class 8 truck! The entertainment value will be extremely high!

Obama drives class 8 trucks all the time up at Camp David

Put down the bong and slowly back away from the computer.

Watching Obama trying to handle an Eaton or Meritor gearbox (or, Fates forbid, a duplex box!) would be entertaining...I suspect watching you try it would be equally entertaining.

Blake Shelton already announced one.

Yes. He was talking about it a couple of nights ago on 'The Voice' and said how hard it was to stay and do the show knowing all that had happened in Oklahoma.

CNN) -- Oklahoma native Blake Shelton is the first entertainer to announce a benefit for tornado victims in his home state.

After Tuesday night's taping of "The Voice," the country music superstar told CNN, "We are actually putting together a fund-raiser right now with NBC. We'll have more details within the next 24 hours, but definitely something with NBC that is going to happen real fast, and hopefully raise a lot of money."

The revelation came after he and his wife, Miranda Lambert, sang an especially poignant rendition of their hit "Over You," which the couple wrote as a tribute to Shelton's brother, who died when Shelton was a teenager.

"'Over You' was just the perfect song to fit, and maybe help some people heal and mourn and all those things," Shelton said.

Shelton revealed he had a personal connection to the community with the most devastation.

"(Monday) was a tough day for any Oklahoman," he said. "And you know, Miranda and I are both residents of Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Oklahoma there and Miranda lives there now. It was tough to land here in LA and look at (media coverage) on the phone and go, 'Oh my gosh, we just left there.'"

The country singer said he has family very near some of the hardest hit areas.

"I spent three Christmases at my sister's house in Moore, Oklahoma, and some of those helicopter views of the destruction, you could see her house a quarter of a mile away from there," Shelton said. "My nieces and nephews would have gone to that school (Plaza Towers Elementary), and when you start putting it in that sort of perspective, and then thinking, 'Oh my God, I am so glad that they recently moved away from that area.' And then you go, 'What about all those people that didn't?' It's hard to put into words, honestly."
Blake Shelton: I'm planning a benefit with NBC for tornado victims - CNN.com
Now I ask you. Does anybody have a problem with Blake doing this? Do you think he is grandstanding, glory seeking, camera mugging? Or is this more likely an honest and heartfelt effort to give what he has most of--face, name recognition, and ability to draw crowds and star power for a benefit?

And if you can accept Blake's motives are okay, why can't Glenn Beck receive the same acceptance?

Shelton spent 3 Christmases at his sister's house in Moore, OK. What do you think it looks like? To me, it looks like a man who has ties to the community already. He's also a resident of OK. As is his wife. And as far as the article goes, there's no indication that he intends to show up there with a camera crew in tow.

No indication he doesn't either. But it would be pretty tough to generate much support for a benefit without a lot of publicity. And how do we know about Blake's concern at all if he wasn't telling it to TV and publication cameras and allowing his picture to be taken and published everywhere?

But I guess I should revoke all the relief funds I sent to help folks back East during Sandy because I've never lived there and have no ties to the area. If I take your comment at face value, it's okay to grandstand if you do have ties but not okay if you don't. (That is if you consider helping folks to be grandstanding at all.)

I swear I'm going to scream. No I'm not. I'm going to go finish dinner.

Foxy's a wonderful gal with a heart of gold and nothing changes that. But ditto :D

I just have a hard time with hero-worship. Always did. So when I see some of the not-so-fancy sycophancy I see here I go :puke3: . It would be the same for any con artist.

Love ya Foxy. {{}}
No one here at all is ‘hero worshipping.’ Most of the people here do not even like Beck. What you are doing is villainizing, equally as bad as hero worshipping, just as acidic and it should induce the same effect. As fox said, this reads like BECK BAAAAD just because it is Beck. I found it revolting that people here cannot come to terms with the someone doing something good.

The inability to accept the idea that Beck has done a good thing really speaks to the serious division that we have in politics to date. Do you not realize that the constant demonization of the other side is the root of many of the problems we face? When we have come to a point where you can’t even look at someone giving and admit that is a good thing, how in the hell do you expect to be able to communicate at all?

I don't know why this has to drag out all day but it's really simple: I don't cotton to con artists. So when I see the king of 'em flying off to a disaster area with cameras, I call it as I see it: opportunism. That's it.
I didn't bring up religion, I didn't bring up politics, and I didn't call anyone in this thread "dishonest" for expressing their view, yet y'all are jumping on me with all of the above strawmen. Perhaps it's time to examine your own motivations.
To bad we don’t have more opportunists then. There would not be a need to donate anything if there were.

Better not to talk out your ass, I think.

You're welcome.

2003 Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia....lol

I was there....with the FAMILIES who had to wait an extra day for their loved ones to dock because of Bush's photo op....and....it was the WH who paid for and put up that banner.

Really. I'm supposed to believe you were there.

There was a quote in my post. That means they actually said what was posted, regardless of where it was cited.

Absolutely...and I still live in the San Diego area. So...you share with us how far off the coast was the Lincoln? What kind of plane did Bush come in on? Could the ship be seen from the pier?

I'm glad somebody brought up Shep Smith. I like Shep; he doesn't tolerate con artists either. With the rest of the Fox team jumping on the bandwagon, Shep was honest enough to point out the emperor's lack of clothing, with delicious sarcasm:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMqvy-D5hM]Shepard Smith Goofs on Glenn Beck! - YouTube[/ame]

Inspirational or what?

You do realize that the Mission Accomplished sign wasn't about George Bush, right. It was about the success of the ship they were on.

Yeah, sure. That's why the White House back then cropped out the banner on the White House website. :cuckoo:

White House Caught Doctoring Mission Accomplished Video Video by BarbaricFellow - Myspace Video

Inspirational or what?

You do realize that the Mission Accomplished sign wasn't about George Bush, right. It was about the success of the ship they were on.

Yeah, sure. That's why the White House back then cropped out the banner on the White House website. :cuckoo:

White House Caught Doctoring Mission Accomplished Video Video by BarbaricFellow - Myspace Video

that wasn't doctoring, that was a different camera angle

idiot

that wasn't doctoring, that was a different camera angle

idiot

They're serious about believing the lies around here.

I don't agree with some of Glenn Beck's politics, but this is very generous what he is doing.

Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers | Twitchy

When people unnecessarily shine a spotlight on themselves as they're doing some kind of charitable work, I'm always suspicious of their true motives, regardless of who they are.
OTOH, he will have challenged liberals to outdo the millions he has inspired his base to contribute, which will result in good things for people who have lost so much.

A great man has humbled himself so that those who lost all will be restored by their fellow Americans. You can tell he is great by the size of his enemies. ;)

I don't agree with some of Glenn Beck's politics, but this is very generous what he is doing.

Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers | Twitchy

When people unnecessarily shine a spotlight on themselves as they're doing some kind of charitable work, I'm always suspicious of their true motives, regardless of who they are.
OTOH, he will have challenged liberals to outdo the millions he has inspired his base to contribute, which will result in good things for people who have lost so much.

A great man has humbled himself so that those who lost all will be restored by their fellow Americans. You can tell he is great by the size of his enemies. ;)

Aside from the publicity generated, the time he took to do this one-off act of charity is in itself very philanthropic indeed.

Hopefully, to show it wasn't all just a publicity stunt, he'll continue the generosity and set up funds and donations to assist victims of disasters everywhere in the US and not just in the red, red state of OK.

Aside from the publicity generated, the time he took to do this one-off act of charity is in itself very philanthropic indeed.

Hopefully, to show it wasn't all just a publicity stunt, he'll continue the generosity and set up funds and donations to assist victims of disasters everywhere in the US and not just in the red, red state of OK.
Publicity with whom?

Who covered Beck's actions, at any level, that could've been a profit to his media operation?

C'mon....Now is the time to show off your media marketing chops....Dazzle us.

Mercury One has done a lot of things
10 semi truck loads to New York and New Jersey for Hurricane Sandy Victims.
Read up on what they have done.
Welcome to Mercury One

Publicity with whom?

Who covered Beck's actions, at any level, that could've been a profit to his media operation?

C'mon....Now is the time to show off your media marketing chops....Dazzle us.

Beck tweeted to the world what he was doing every step of the way.

Beck covered Beck.

Forum List

Back