Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

why hasn't pogo answered whether he has ever criticized a dem doing what glen did...except glen also had a charity?

why hasn't pogo addressed the fact that the publicity was for glenn's charity?

i think we all know the answer...but will give pogo another chance, but he will likely run away again

why hasn't pogo answered whether he has ever criticized a dem doing what glen did...except glen also had a charity?

i think we all know the answer...but will give pogo another chance, but he will likely run away again

Pogo is a good guy with a good heart. He's a friend that I like a great deal. But he sometimes gets these burrs under his saddle that seem to keep him from accepting any point of view other than the very negative one he is focused on. And that sort of requires a body to ignore or sort of not see a lot of things. Such as Glenn is bad; therefore his charitable efforts have to be bad. :)

We understand Pogo. Beck believes in God, threfore he is scum and is evil if he tries to use his name recognition and influence to help people.

.... huh?? :confused:

Where did anyone bring in "God" ?? :disbelief:

Beck believes in Beck. That's my only issue. Period. Nothing to do with "God", nothing to do with "politics" or "dems", certainly nothing to do with Oklahoma. Beck lives in the state of Megalomania. Would that a tornado would come and devastate that state. We'd all be better off.

Your trying to insert a "God" strawman is as disingenuous as Yurt inserting "dem" fundraisers. I didn't bring up or even hint at either one.

You are the one who brought up the label of televangelist. Would that be a straw man? I bet you couldn't put that line into its proper context if your life depended on it. (You'll probably look it up now though. I did look it up because I had not heard that line associated with him before.)

Again, it's Beck's own term about himself. When I submit the term I'm referring directly back to that Beck quote. But even so, a televangelist is not God.

And yes I did look for it on YouTube but can't find it indexed. But trust me, it's real.

But in fairness to you, I was drawing on experience with you in other discussions in which, to the best of my knowledge, you have NEVER allowed anybody to be at all religious without some kind of critical comment about that. So I did bristle when it was obvious (to me) that you were referring to Beck in that light. If I misjudged your motive there, I apologize.

Don't even know what that means. I've posted very little on religion in my time here. But in this thread, other than an implication of a talking head who thinks he's God, there's no such reference.

But I won't apologize for seeing your continued snipping and accusations and criticism of Glenn Beck as petty, hateful, and dishonest however much you don't see them that way yourself. It is small to be so judgmental of a person that you will attempt to make him look bad rather than acknowledge that he has done and is doing a good thing with his relief efforts.

I don't know why this has to drag out all day but it's really simple: I don't cotton to con artists. So when I see the king of 'em flying off to a disaster area with cameras, I call it as I see it: opportunism. That's it.

I didn't bring up religion, I didn't bring up politics, and I didn't call anyone in this thread "dishonest" for expressing their view, yet y'all are jumping on me with all of the above strawmen. Perhaps it's time to examine your own motivations.

Those commits were jokes Pogo and was totally taken out of context when it was reported by others.

Liars never tell their audience to go and do their own research and to do their own fact checking.
Glenn Beck tell his viewers to always look it up for themselves and don't just take his word for it.
Self reliance is not liked by the left at all and they demonize anyone who teaches it.

"Self reliance" indeed. Where would Beck be without his swastikas?

"Jokes"? No, I saw this on a video, and he was doing his blubbering act, not "joking".

Here's the bottom line, Peach: Glenn Beck is a bullshit artist. A completely insincere con artist. And con artists raise my hackles. Obviously I'm not a disciple, but then I'm not much of a follower in general.

"Rodeo clown" can be seen in this fine compendium of said hucksterism (several times) starting at 5:36:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYg-OJXapYQ]Requiem for a Rodeo Clown - YouTube[/ame]

Hard to take that anywhere near seriously. He's also noted, again accurately, "if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot." Yet some do. Go figure :dunno:

Like I said earlier.
A whole bunch of shows put together and taken totally out of context.
He is spot on about the Muslim Brotherhood plus many other things that have been proven to be true, from what he was saying over the last 2 or 3 years.

Tell me Pogo where are the warts?
$s-GLENN-BECK-large300.jpg

Pogo is a good guy with a good heart. He's a friend that I like a great deal. But he sometimes gets these burrs under his saddle that seem to keep him from accepting any point of view other than the very negative one he is focused on. And that sort of requires a body to ignore or sort of not see a lot of things. Such as Glenn is bad; therefore his charitable efforts have to be bad. :)

interesting

pogo?

Foxy's a wonderful gal with a heart of gold and nothing changes that. But ditto :D

I just have a hard time with hero-worship. Always did. So when I see some of the not-so-fancy sycophancy I see here I go :puke3: . It would be the same for any con artist.

Love ya Foxy. {{}}

pogo?

i see pogo has no interest in honesty regarding this subject

i tried...but he failed

I'm thinking Obama, wearing a flight suit and leading a convoy of 1000 trucks

Behind him is a huge banner saying "Mission Accomplished"

Inspirational or what?

You do realize that the Mission Accomplished sign wasn't about George Bush, right. It was about the success of the ship they were on.

photo.jpg

I look forward to more Beck photo ops. Will Beckerheads be as appreciative of President Obama providing disaster relief?

Whatssssss itsss gotsss in its pocketesssssssss?

I didn't think you were supposed to troll in this forum, Bo. But, you really never did catch on to the few rules we have....very sad.

Not really sure what you are trying to elude to, Meister. Perhaps you can clarify.

Like you know all about Glenn Beck?

I actually DO know him and he is a Hell of a good man... but that does not matter to most libturds.
Its easier to tear the man down than to say, hey man... good job for once.

Ya know... I take that back. Some on here have been very nice & have said some good things.

Point is... lets just try to help those in need and leave politics at the door for once.
Thats all...

Leave "politics at the door for once"? Then why is this thread on Politics forum?

Because you put it here? :cuckoo:

I'm thinking Obama, wearing a flight suit and leading a convoy of 1000 trucks

Behind him is a huge banner saying "Mission Accomplished"

Inspirational or what?

You do realize that the Mission Accomplished sign wasn't about George Bush, right. It was about the success of the ship they were on.

Suuuuuure. :eusa_whistle:

Better not to talk out your ass, I think.

The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."[7]

You're welcome.

2003 Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually DO know him and he is a Hell of a good man... but that does not matter to most libturds.
Its easier to tear the man down than to say, hey man... good job for once.

Ya know... I take that back. Some on here have been very nice & have said some good things.

Point is... lets just try to help those in need and leave politics at the door for once.
Thats all...

Leave "politics at the door for once"? Then why is this thread on Politics forum?

Because you put it here? :cuckoo:

No
Lakhota did not put it here.
Don't Taz Me Bro did

Last edited:
You going to say the same when Penn, the President or other celebs show up?
The president will be in Oklahoma that's expected it will interesting to see if any of the Hollywood elite show up there or do a big benefit concert for Oklahoma like they did for Sandy.

Blake Shelton already announced one.

Yes. He was talking about it a couple of nights ago on 'The Voice' and said how hard it was to stay and do the show knowing all that had happened in Oklahoma.

CNN) -- Oklahoma native Blake Shelton is the first entertainer to announce a benefit for tornado victims in his home state.

After Tuesday night's taping of "The Voice," the country music superstar told CNN, "We are actually putting together a fund-raiser right now with NBC. We'll have more details within the next 24 hours, but definitely something with NBC that is going to happen real fast, and hopefully raise a lot of money."

The revelation came after he and his wife, Miranda Lambert, sang an especially poignant rendition of their hit "Over You," which the couple wrote as a tribute to Shelton's brother, who died when Shelton was a teenager.

"'Over You' was just the perfect song to fit, and maybe help some people heal and mourn and all those things," Shelton said.

Shelton revealed he had a personal connection to the community with the most devastation.

"(Monday) was a tough day for any Oklahoman," he said. "And you know, Miranda and I are both residents of Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Oklahoma there and Miranda lives there now. It was tough to land here in LA and look at (media coverage) on the phone and go, 'Oh my gosh, we just left there.'"

The country singer said he has family very near some of the hardest hit areas.

"I spent three Christmases at my sister's house in Moore, Oklahoma, and some of those helicopter views of the destruction, you could see her house a quarter of a mile away from there," Shelton said. "My nieces and nephews would have gone to that school (Plaza Towers Elementary), and when you start putting it in that sort of perspective, and then thinking, 'Oh my God, I am so glad that they recently moved away from that area.' And then you go, 'What about all those people that didn't?' It's hard to put into words, honestly."
Blake Shelton: I'm planning a benefit with NBC for tornado victims - CNN.com

Now I ask you. Does anybody have a problem with Blake doing this? Do you think he is grandstanding, glory seeking, camera mugging? Or is this more likely an honest and heartfelt effort to give what he has most of--face, name recognition, and ability to draw crowds and star power for a benefit?

And if you can accept Blake's motives are okay, why can't Glenn Beck receive the same acceptance?

Suuuuuure. :eusa_whistle:

Better not to talk out your ass, I think.

The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."[7]

You're welcome.

2003 Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia....lol

I was there....with the FAMILIES who had to wait an extra day for their loved ones to dock because of Bush's photo op....and....it was the WH who paid for and put up that banner.

Forum List

Back