Glenn Beck?

The step team Beck was referring to said things like "Obama has inspired me to want to be a doctor", then the next kid would come up.

Oh my god..they are horrible, intimidating people.

'Just a step team' my ass.

Since when do step teams spout political policy of the president?

Here's the entire video. Pwned.

Obama commandos' teacher disciplined

P.S. Where's the 'stepping'??

My question is show me a 'fact' he mentions that is of substance and not conjecture.

Explain to me the "spin" Beck puts on things when he says that Obama surrounds himself with communists.

Thank you, you are the only one with the chutzpah to give my question a shot, the rest are engaged in a debate over inconsequential minutiae.

First your question contained the answer, spin* is exactly what beck engages in but I won't let your question off so easily. Spin = fact for the sake of this debate.

Now what beck claims in his usually cowardly way is that Obama 'may' be a Marxist. He never says anything directly as he must be afraid of libel or he knows it isn't really true. Either way that would be a 'fact' we could debate if he had the balls to say it outright.

So then his proof for this preposterous statement is: a person who works in his administration once said he was a communist and a congresswoman claims Castro was a intelligent leader. Ask yourself could this hold up in a court of law as proof or even in the court of reason as proof?

It really is guilt - label Marxist - by bizarre association. I've known a murderer in my life, he was married to family, does that make me a murderer? Or is our family a family of murderers.

The congresswoman should have qualified statement, taken in the clip it sounds naive and simplistic. Castro did succeed as a leader but I hardly think any American would want Cuba as home. But does her statement prove Obama is a Marxist? Again it a bizarre irrelevant connection.

His next 'fact' is there is a revolution going on in this country. There is? Can someone show it to all the people trying like heck to make ends meet, working for their family, and hoping the job economy turns around? Is that his revolution - cause I sure as shitt don't see one. I wish we had a revolution of buying American as I posted before - wish he'd address that one.

Van Jones comments are as simple as the congresswoman, first, he is a nationalist, then a bad verdict comes down and now he a communist. I doubt the knew what either really meant, but if that means Obama is a Marxist then if you know someone who is a (anything you like) it makes you the same.

I'm sorry but there are no facts in his show.

"spin* - A lie which has somehow been legitimized by an uneducated public."
Urban Dictionary: spin

If anyone is interested in understanding Marxism, see this link. Learning what Marxism is about I personally think of Marxism the same way I think of most material or economic ideologies, untenable in the real world.

My question is show me a 'fact' he mentions that is of substance and not conjecture.

Explain to me the "spin" Beck puts on things when he says that Obama surrounds himself with communists.

Thank you, you are the only one with the chutzpah to give my question a shot, the rest are engaged in a debate over inconsequential minutiae.

First your question contained the answer, spin* is exactly what beck engages in but I won't let your question off so easily. Spin = fact for the sake of this debate.

Now what beck claims in his usually cowardly way is that Obama 'may' be a Marxist. He never says anything directly as he must be afraid of libel or he knows it isn't really true. Either way that would be a 'fact' we could debate if he had the balls to say it outright.

So then his proof for this preposterous statement is: a person who works in his administration once said he was a communist and a congresswoman claims Castro was a intelligent leader. Ask yourself could this hold up in a court of law as proof or even in the court of reason as proof?

It really is guilt - label Marxist - by bizarre association. I've known a murderer in my life, he was married to family, does that make me a murderer? Or is our family a family of murderers.

The congresswoman should have qualified statement, taken in the clip it sounds naive and simplistic. Castro did succeed as a leader but I hardly think any American would want Cuba as home. But does her statement prove Obama is a Marxist? Again it a bizarre irrelevant connection.

His next 'fact' is there is a revolution going on in this country. There is? Can someone show it to all the people trying like heck to make ends meet, working for their family, and hoping the job economy turns around? Is that his revolution - cause I sure as shitt don't see one. I wish we had a revolution of buying American as I posted before - wish he'd address that one.

Van Jones comments are as simple as the congresswoman, first, he is a nationalist, then a bad verdict comes down and now he a communist. I doubt the knew what either really meant, but if that means Obama is a Marxist then if you know someone who is a (anything you like) it makes you the same.

"spin* - A lie which has somehow been legitimized by an uneducated public."
Urban Dictionary: spin

If anyone is interested in understanding Marxism, see this link. Learning what Marxism is about I personally think of Marxism the same way I think of most material or economic ideologies, untenable in the real world.

Barack Obama said, you want to know my policies, then you have to look at the people I surround myself with.

Ezekiel Emanuel, who believes that "communitarianism" should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia" (JAMA, Feb. 27, 2008).

Cass Sunstein, "the idea of libertarian paternalism might seem to be an oxymoron, but it is both possible and legitimate for private and public institutions to affect behavior while also respecting freedom of choice. Often people's preferences are ill-formed, and their choices will inevitably be influenced by default rules, framing effects, and starting points. In these circumstances, a form of paternalism cannot be avoided. Equipped with an understanding of behavioral findings of bounded rationality and bounded self-control, libertarian paternalists should attempt to steer people's choices in welfare-promoting directions without eliminating freedom of choice. It is also possible to show how a libertarian paternalist might select among the possible options and to assess how much choice to offer."

And this gem..."Representatives of animals should be able to bring private suits to ensure that anticruelty and related laws are actually enforced. Of course, any animals would be represented by human beings, just like any other litigant who lacks ordinary (human) competence; for example, the interests of children are protected by prosecutors, and also by trustees and guardians in private litigation brought on children's behalf. … If getting rid of the idea that animals are property is helpful in reducing suffering, then we should get rid of the idea that animals are property."

Mark Lloyd... "In Venezuela, with Chavez, you really had an incredible revolution — democratic revolution — to begin to put in place things that were going to have impact on the people of Venezuela. The property owners and the folks who were then controlling the media in Venezuela rebelled — worked, frankly, with folks here in the US government — worked to oust him. He came back and had another revolution, and Chavez then started to take the media very seriously in his country".

Van Jones..."What about our immigrant sisters and brothers? What about our immigrant sisters and brothers? What about people who come here from all around the world, who we're willing to have out in the fields with poison being sprayed on them, poison being sprayed on them because we have the wrong agricultural system and then we're and we're willing to poison them and poison the Earth to put food on our table but we don't want to give them rights and we don't want to give them dignity and we don't want to give them respect? "

These are just some of the people that Obama surrounds himself with, and you don't see a pattern here? You obviously don't see a problem.

Step teams come off as militant, that neither good or bad, however it is meant to intimidate and impress by design.

What? Seriously....what the hell are you talking about.

Here is a step team from Jersey.
large_SHSStepTeamWEB005.jpg

The step team Beck was referring to said things like "Obama has inspired me to want to be a doctor", then the next kid would come up.

You are projecting rather than discerning intent and meaning. Neither does your one example sitting on bleachers represent anything, other than kids sitting on bleachers. They may or may not represent the norm, which is neither for You or I to proclaim. To make a point that you failed to, use a video link.

I am not Anti-Step. I'm pointing out that it is competitive aggressive, and does intimidate, as many sports and social activities do. I am not passing Judgement, that is individual. Psych out the competition, Cheer Leaders do it. You need to lighten up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEoPXBPc7O0]YouTube - Black Ice Step Team - Toronto[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KceGHE-Q1g]YouTube - Assembly of God step team[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqPuSUit5A]YouTube - MHS Boys Step Team[/ame]

Barack Obama said, you want to know my policies, then you have to look at the people I surround myself with.

Ezekiel Emanuel, who believes that "communitarianism" should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia" (JAMA, Feb. 27, 2008).

Cass Sunstein, "the idea of libertarian paternalism might seem to be an oxymoron, but it is both possible and legitimate for private and public institutions to affect behavior while also respecting freedom of choice. Often people's preferences are ill-formed, and their choices will inevitably be influenced by default rules, framing effects, and starting points. In these circumstances, a form of paternalism cannot be avoided. Equipped with an understanding of behavioral findings of bounded rationality and bounded self-control, libertarian paternalists should attempt to steer people's choices in welfare-promoting directions without eliminating freedom of choice. It is also possible to show how a libertarian paternalist might select among the possible options and to assess how much choice to offer."

And this gem..."Representatives of animals should be able to bring private suits to ensure that anticruelty and related laws are actually enforced. Of course, any animals would be represented by human beings, just like any other litigant who lacks ordinary (human) competence; for example, the interests of children are protected by prosecutors, and also by trustees and guardians in private litigation brought on children's behalf. … If getting rid of the idea that animals are property is helpful in reducing suffering, then we should get rid of the idea that animals are property."

Mark Lloyd... "In Venezuela, with Chavez, you really had an incredible revolution — democratic revolution — to begin to put in place things that were going to have impact on the people of Venezuela. The property owners and the folks who were then controlling the media in Venezuela rebelled — worked, frankly, with folks here in the US government — worked to oust him. He came back and had another revolution, and Chavez then started to take the media very seriously in his country".

Van Jones..."What about our immigrant sisters and brothers? What about our immigrant sisters and brothers? What about people who come here from all around the world, who we're willing to have out in the fields with poison being sprayed on them, poison being sprayed on them because we have the wrong agricultural system and then we're and we're willing to poison them and poison the Earth to put food on our table but we don't want to give them rights and we don't want to give them dignity and we don't want to give them respect? "

These are just some of the people that Obama surrounds himself with, and you don't see a pattern here? You obviously don't see a problem.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Midcan -- all Beck is doing is presenting the facts of those who Obama has chosen to surround himself with. Open your mind and your eyes and connect the dots.

'Just a step team' my ass.

Since when do step teams spout political policy of the president?

Here's the entire video. Pwned.

Obama commandos' teacher disciplined

P.S. Where's the 'stepping'??

Question for you..were you one of the uh...uninformed people who were questioning when Obama and his wife "fist bumped" each other?

Did you call it a terrorist fist jab as well?

You are freaking clueless.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Midcan -- all Beck is doing is presenting the facts of those who Obama has chosen to surround himself with. Open your mind and your eyes and connect the dots.

Becks trump card

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6u2FpJecGI]YouTube - Van Jones - Time Has Made Me New[/ame]

Yes, and I'm sure there are lots of good people in the administration but the proof is in the accomplishments and not in speculative hyperbole.

Forum List

Back