Go Woke, Go Broke: Families Cancel Disney over their Leftist Hogwash

Cancel culture is alive and well it seems.
Cancel culture is what the left does. Digs up dirt on someone and then has a group of activists go after that individuals employer ,social media acct and financial institution. To get them fired, deplatformed and unable to use a bank/ credit card. To basically erase them from society.

People cancelling their Disney subscriptions because they don’t like Disney’s programming is not “ cancel culture”.

How is it punishing ourselves? We no longer enjoy Disney, so no longer visit or watch. It would be punishing if we supporting this kind of immorality.

Exactly. There are plenty of decent places to take kids without exposing them to leftist depravity.

I thought cancel culture was supposed to be a lib thing.

I guess that was bullshit too huh?

Lotta unhappy kids out there (which means unhappy parents).

I can't see right wingers winning this one
Honestly dude there's no war being fought here. I'm sure people will replace their Disney service with another one that suits them better at this point.
I'm not getting the sense of protest or boycott particularly just turn off.
Chances are it's only going to amount to a small percentage anyway.

Honestly dude there's no war being fought here. I'm sure people will replace their Disney service with another one that suits them better at this point.
I'm not getting the sense of protest or boycott particularly just turn off.
Chances are it's only going to amount to a small percentage anyway.
It’s almost as if leftists are INSISTING we support their depraved values and go to Disney. Don’t we get a choice as to whom we support?

How is it punishing ourselves? We no longer enjoy Disney, so no longer visit or watch. It would be punishing if we supporting this kind of immorality.

Not a one of these people no longer going to Disney is doing so because they did not enjoy themselves the last time they went. They are not going because of something the CEO said.

Same holds true for sports. It is not they were no longer enjoying the games themselves, but someone kneeling or some silly sticker on a helmet caused them to stop doing something they enjoy.

Same with all the Libs that stopped eating at Chick Fil A due to the comments by its owner. They did not stop going because they did not like the food, but because of the words of one person.

Punishing oneself to make you feel woke is all that is happening.

Cancel culture is what the left does. Digs up dirt on someone and then has a group of activists go after that individuals employer ,social media acct and financial institution. To get them fired, deplatformed and unable to use a bank/ credit card. To basically erase them from society.

People cancelling their Disney subscriptions because they don’t like Disney’s programming is not “ cancel culture”.

Nope, you both do it.

The content has not changed, they liked it a month ago, but the CEO comes out and says something they do not agree with and BOOM it gets canceled.

Not a one of these people no longer going to Disney is doing so because they did not enjoy themselves the last time they went. They are not going because of something the CEO said.

Same holds true for sports. It is not they were no longer enjoying the games themselves, but someone kneeling or some silly sticker on a helmet caused them to stop doing something they enjoy.

Same with all the Libs that stopped eating at Chick Fil A due to the comments by its owner. They did not stop going because they did not like the food, but because of the words of one person.

And just like neither Chic fil A nor the NFL has had to blink an eye at the boycotts, neither will Disney. All that will happen in the end is self righteous people will pat themselves on the back.

It’s almost as if leftists are INSISTING we support their depraved values and go to Disney. Don’t we get a choice as to whom we support?
Now they're going to cancel the people who canceled Disney beware!
And just like neither Chic fil A nor the NFL has had to blink an eye at the boycotts, neither will Disney. All that will happen in the end is self righteous people will pat themselves on the back.
I don't see this putting them out of business it's just one more step in a sorting process that's inevitable. But it is noteworthy.

You're confused. Tell your boss to cut your pay next time you say something stupid and you'll finally get it.

Nope, you both do it.

The content has not changed, they liked it a month ago, but the CEO comes out and says something they do not agree with and BOOM it gets canceled.
I take it you have never cancelled a subscription,phone service, internet provider, returned an Amazon order,returned clothes that didn’t fit etc…

You just keep everything you ever purchased?

The NFL got the message. No more kneeling and Kaeperdick is still unemployed.

Dude CEO said he was going to make programming changes to be more aligned with modern sexual viewpoints or something of that nature. The board of directors should can him immediately and start over. He had no business representing the company like that it was totally unnecessary. I think you should get busy and make a list of all the people that have canceled and go after them immediately.!

I take it you have never cancelled a subscription,phone service, internet provider, returned an Amazon order,returned clothes that didn’t fit etc…

You just keep everything you ever purchased?

I have done all of those things because I did not like the product. I have never done with a product I liked just because of what someone associated with the product might have said

Now they're going to cancel the people who canceled Disney beware!

Libs believe in freedom of expression only when it is in support of their depraved values. We’ve seen plenty of that in recent years.
I don't see this putting them out of business it's just one more step in a sorting process that's inevitable.

If 10% of families elect to go elsewhere, it won’t put them out of business, but it will be a big hit to their bottom line.

Libs believe in freedom of expression only when it is in support of their depraved values. We’ve seen plenty of that in recent years.

If 10% of families elect to go elsewhere, it won’t put them out of business, but it will be a big hit to their bottom line.
Speaking of bottoms maybe Disney should get out of the business of other people's bottoms.

I have done all of those things because I did not like the product. I have never done with a product I liked just because of what someone associated with the product might have said
People cancel Disney subscriptions because they don’t like the integrity of the company or the product they are producing. Same thing.

Forum List

Back